Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Mountain Biking (https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/)
-   -   VPP Impressions (https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/575903-vpp-impressions.html)

born2bahick 08-19-09 06:02 AM

VPP Impressions
 
Just an obsevation from a guy who has always ran horst link rears. The feel from the horst link was always a firm pivot around the BB with the rear axle doing the travel. I noticed almost instantly on the
VPP, that the feeling is more like the rear axle is stationairy and the travel happens at the BB. I know it's just a small amount of movement at the linkage but it's very noticeable on the bike.

dminor 08-19-09 10:06 AM

To the point of feeling weird or just different?

never 08-19-09 10:59 AM

I find the Horst-style smoother when pedalling in a granny gear. I can feel the chain growth in the granny on my VPP trail bike.

mtnbiker66 08-19-09 03:08 PM

I've ridden a few VPP bikes here and there. There was something that seemed strange about them. If I had one and could play with the shock settings I'm sure I would get it dialed in. B2 just send me your bike and I'll work on it.

ed 08-19-09 05:42 PM

Hey, hey...I've got dibs. I don't care if it's two sizes too small for me.

dminor 08-19-09 05:54 PM


Originally Posted by chelboed (Post 9520687)
I don't care if it's two sizes too small for me.

:eek: That must be a REALLY tiny bike!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Ed_circus.jpg

ed 08-19-09 05:56 PM

(and Doug found the spy shots of the 2010 Jamis Komodo SS)

born2bahick 08-19-09 06:44 PM


Originally Posted by dminor (Post 9517331)
To the point of feeling weird or just different?

It was strange at first, but It's getting to feel better



Originally Posted by never (Post 9517722)
I find the Horst-style smoother when
pedalling in a granny gear. I can feel the chain growth in the granny on my
VPP trail bike.

Exactly, I spend a lot of time in granny cause downhills are short here and most of my time seems to be climbing.



Originally Posted by mtnbiker66 (Post 9519708)
I've ridden a few VPP bikes here and there.
There was something that seemed strange about them.
If I had one and could play with the shock settings I'm sure
I would get it dialed in. B2 just send me your bike and I'll work on it.


That's what I'm working on now, never had a rear shock this adjustable, so I'm still playing. It's gotten alot better for kansas since I first started, but really this bike was built to come your way. Trouble is I'm broke now and can't afford the trip.

Thanks for the "Informed" responses guys and the sneak preview of the 2010 Komodo! If they made that in a 5X5 it would definately be a keeper!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.