Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Trails in Vancouver BC

Reply

Old 07-25-04, 10:19 PM
  #1  
ifeelpretty2
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trails in Vancouver BC

Hello...

Anyone here from Vancouver, BC (or near there)?

Was wondering, if anyone knows of any good trails that are easy/average for a newer rider. Just some nice places that are within a 1 hour drive of downtown. Something to do on a weekend morning...

Not looking for anything crazy (downhill / huge jumps, etc) or anything like that, just some nice ride to get outside etc.

Thanks!
ifeelpretty2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-04, 11:54 PM
  #2  
coastdog
Junior Member
 
coastdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 15

Bikes: RM Switch pro, RM Slayer 70

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You mean like a cross country trail?
UBC has some good trails... heck there are trails everywhere.
Give us a bit more info and I'm sure we can hook you up.
coastdog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-04, 12:07 AM
  #3  
ifeelpretty2
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by coastdog
You mean like a cross country trail?
UBC has some good trails... heck there are trails everywhere.
Give us a bit more info and I'm sure we can hook you up.

Yeah, trails like UBC, Seymour Demonstration forest....cross country type trails would be perfect...!
ifeelpretty2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-04, 09:55 PM
  #4  
yeknom
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Try the Traboulay Poco Trail. it runs a ring around Poco so if you get tired you can take a short cut back to your car/home. The trail is mostly flat gravel road with some more technical trails to the sides of the main trail. there is a map on the city website.
http://www.city.port-coquitlam.bc.ca...ys.htm#pocomap

Enjoy

Originally Posted by ifeelpretty2
Hello...

Anyone here from Vancouver, BC (or near there)?

Was wondering, if anyone knows of any good trails that are easy/average for a newer rider. Just some nice places that are within a 1 hour drive of downtown. Something to do on a weekend morning...

Not looking for anything crazy (downhill / huge jumps, etc) or anything like that, just some nice ride to get outside etc.

Thanks!
yeknom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-04, 02:26 PM
  #5  
coastdog
Junior Member
 
coastdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 15

Bikes: RM Switch pro, RM Slayer 70

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by ifeelpretty2
Yeah, trails like UBC, Seymour Demonstration forest....cross country type trails would be perfect...!
Here are a couple local websites with lots of trails:
http://www.gutsploder.net/
http://www.trailpeak.com/index.jsp?c...&con=traillist
You can also go on some ride with people of your own ablility with some of the local bike shops. Like this one:
http://www.johnhenrybikes.com/pedals.asp
coastdog is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service