Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Some times things get in the way

Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Some times things get in the way

Old 09-26-12, 08:31 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some times things get in the way

So this is a question for the guys no here. Some times when I go bike riding things tend to get bunched up by the seat and makes things a little painful. Is there certain kinds of pants or under wear that will keep this from happening?
topher5150 is offline  
Old 09-26-12, 09:18 AM
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bike shorts.
qr409tz8 is offline  
Old 09-26-12, 09:48 AM
Pedals, Paddles and Poles
Daspydyr's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vegas Valley, NV
Posts: 5,495

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts
There are a huge variety of bike shorts. The better ones have a cut out kind of pattern for where the "onions and dipstick" go. The new materials are moisture wicking and even "anti-microbial." If you live in a larger town check with your local bike shop for your first pair and probably spend at least $50. You can order shorts online, but until you know what names to trust (Sugoi, Fox, Garneau, the list goes on) you might get things that fall apart. I still have a quality pair of Shorts from the 90s. The Chamois just keeps on working. You can also get a pair of padded Undies. That way you can wear any pair of pants or shorts around the house with your diaper that you put on.
I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.
Daspydyr is offline  
Old 09-28-12, 10:46 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,473
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Do you wear boxers? If so, have you ever tried boxer briefs? I'm a boxer guy, but wear boxer briefs for biking. They don't have a seam up the middle like boxers and they keep things in place better(both your things and the undies so they don't bunch) and are just generally more comfortable for biking. Otherwise, what kind of shorts do you currently wear? If they're thick material cargo shorts or something like that, just try a regular pair of shorts(unless you want the diaper or that kinda stuff) made of a thinner material with less extra fabric available to bunch. If you wear shorts with lots of extra crotch room and they're heavy material, those seams and extra material can ruin your ride. I tend to do the boxer briefs and a thin pair of cargo shorts and have always been fine. I once wore a pair of thick cargos and had some discomfort from bunched material and thick seams. Lastly, if you have a heavily padded seat then that can add to crotch discomfort in a couple different ways. Some padding is good, but a big squishy seat is overkill and actually more uncomfortable for riding more than a mile or two.

Last edited by 3speed; 09-28-12 at 10:49 PM.
3speed is offline  
Old 09-29-12, 02:50 AM
Senior Member
commo_soulja's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: C-Ville
Posts: 1,246

Bikes: are fun to ride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
I wear bike shorts 90% of the time on the bike. The other 10% is in street clothes around town to the bier garten, bakery, store, etc and I usually make a manual adjustment of the twig and berries.
commo_soulja is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Fifty Plus (50+)
08-21-18 10:41 AM
General Cycling Discussion
08-01-17 04:23 AM
General Cycling Discussion
11-09-15 12:11 AM
Fifty Plus (50+)
07-13-11 06:28 AM
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
02-21-11 10:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.