Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > > >

Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-06, 08:05 AM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pugsley Q's

Hi all,

I've got a few pugsley Q's for pugsley owners. Joe1946, I hope you see this!

1) I know I need an E-type derailleur. What I dont know is top pull or bottom pull, and top swing or bottom swing. (and if anyone would like to mention the differences between TP, BP, TS, BS, please do).

2) Joe1946, do you keep your big apples on the SnoCat rims on all the time? (and have a second set of Large Marge's for your Endomorphs)?

3) Can Endomorphs fit on the SnoCat rims?

4) How thin a tire can you get on your SnoCats?

5) Is it necessary to have offset rims on the front (or only the rear)?

6) Is it best to just get offset rims for both front and rear? (If not, what do you gain by having non-offset rims on the front)?

7) I'm leaning towards Avid BB7 disc brakes (both rears of course) - any problems with these? Any issues with switching the wheels out with these brakes? (never had discs before). Should I instead get hydraulic brakes to avoid problems with dust and debris that I've read can cause issues with mech discs? (this bike will be used in both snow and sand).

Thanks for any and all help.
guruguhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 10:14 AM   #2
as seen on crimewatch
rea1high's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Generaly, top pull is where the cable is routed across the cross bar and down the seat tube, bottom pull is when the cable runs under the bottom bracket and up to the front mech.

Why do you need an E type?

Top swing and bottom swing refers where the derailleur is anchored the seat tube. They are pretty interchangable unless you have a waterbottle braze on which would limit you to either top swing or bottom swing.

Last edited by rea1high; 11-01-06 at 10:27 AM.
rea1high is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 AM.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    get answers from real people!
Click to start entering your question.