Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

WSBA... is this some kind of freaking joke?

Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

WSBA... is this some kind of freaking joke?

Old 01-11-12, 12:37 PM
  #1  
Debusama
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Debusama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 684

Bikes: Elephant custom road bike, 08 Redline D440, Motobecane Fantom cross Uno.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WSBA... is this some kind of freaking joke?

Fill in the requested information in the yellow boxes below. (Note *The boxes on the actual form are blue)

Provide full information, please. Any missing information will delay processing.

Mail this form and include; $20.00 check per number, SASE (self addressed stamped envelope with (3) .44 cent stamps)

Make checks payable to: WSBA
*Mail form to: WSBA - c/o

Seriously? What is this 1920? Who actually has two sizes of envelope laying around the house anymore, or stamps for that matter?
Last year most all the races in the area started using WSBA numbers, and I just rented thinking that this must be something temporary until they got some kind of online payment method figured out, and then Iíd get an annual number. Apparently this is really the way they do it. They turned what should be doable in 5-minutes into 2-hour project. Is WSBA really such a cluster-**** that they canít do this correctly, or is this just the way itís done in the east side of the state. Is there a place to do this online without printing, filling out the form and going out to wait in post office lines to buy stamps and envelopes that I donít know about?
Debusama is offline  
Old 01-11-12, 02:02 PM
  #2  
Seattle Forrest
Senior Member
 
Seattle Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 21,731
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13978 Post(s)
Liked 5,116 Times in 2,898 Posts
You should boycott.
Seattle Forrest is offline  
Old 01-11-12, 05:47 PM
  #3  
bobbycorno
Senior Member
 
bobbycorno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest View Post
You should boycott.
...or you COULD volunteer to bring their processing system into the 21st century instead of just *****ing about it.

SP
Bend,OR
bobbycorno is offline  
Old 01-11-12, 08:11 PM
  #4  
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 13,643
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1314 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 57 Posts
Learn to fold one envelope into thirds and it will fit in the other same size envelope.

And you could adjust your screen so the blue boxes appear yellow.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline  
Old 01-14-12, 06:49 PM
  #5  
percy kittens
Senior Member
 
percy kittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ventucky, CA
Posts: 171

Bikes: 2014 Surly Straggler (Loretta Martin)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Debusama View Post
Fill in the requested information in the yellow boxes below. (Note *The boxes on the actual form are blue)

Provide full information, please. Any missing information will delay processing.

Mail this form and include; $20.00 check per number, SASE (self addressed stamped envelope with (3) .44 cent stamps)

Make checks payable to: WSBA
*Mail form to: WSBA - c/o

Seriously? What is this 1920? Who actually has two sizes of envelope laying around the house anymore, or stamps for that matter?
Last year most all the races in the area started using WSBA numbers, and I just rented thinking that this must be something temporary until they got some kind of online payment method figured out, and then Iíd get an annual number. Apparently this is really the way they do it. They turned what should be doable in 5-minutes into 2-hour project. Is WSBA really such a cluster-**** that they canít do this correctly, or is this just the way itís done in the east side of the state. Is there a place to do this online without printing, filling out the form and going out to wait in post office lines to buy stamps and envelopes that I donít know about?
Oh, the humanity.
percy kittens is offline  
Old 01-16-12, 02:19 PM
  #6  
Mtn Mike
Super Biker
 
Mtn Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 1,183

Bikes: 2014 Curtlo, 2006 Serotta Coeur díAcier, 2005 Independent Fabrication Steel Delux, 2003 Surly 1x1, 2003 Surly Cross Check, 1986 Schwin Worldsport SS commuter, 1980's Mongoose Supergoose

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Debusama View Post
Fill in the requested information in the yellow boxes below. (Note *The boxes on the actual form are blue)

Provide full information, please. Any missing information will delay processing.

Mail this form and include; $20.00 check per number, SASE (self addressed stamped envelope with (3) .44 cent stamps)

Make checks payable to: WSBA
*Mail form to: WSBA - c/o

Seriously? What is this 1920? Who actually has two sizes of envelope laying around the house anymore, or stamps for that matter?
Last year most all the races in the area started using WSBA numbers, and I just rented thinking that this must be something temporary until they got some kind of online payment method figured out, and then I’d get an annual number. Apparently this is really the way they do it. They turned what should be doable in 5-minutes into 2-hour project. Is WSBA really such a cluster-**** that they can’t do this correctly, or is this just the way it’s done in the east side of the state. Is there a place to do this online without printing, filling out the form and going out to wait in post office lines to buy stamps and envelopes that I don’t know about?
This is the way it's done around WA State. In fact, the "processing" is done right here in Spokane. If you wanted to save some postage and get your number faster, you could probably drive up here to my neighborhood and get your number in person. (it's not me that does it...it's my neighbor). I agree that the system is lack-luster but remember that WSBA is a mostly volunteer organization. If you could suggest, or better yet, set up a better system I'm sure racers around the state would thank you. Our small club has even gone to a partially automated system for dues, clothing, and race entries. Starting a PayPal account is really quite easy.

I feel your pain but honestly it's not one of my bigger concerns.
Mtn Mike is offline  
Old 01-17-12, 08:21 AM
  #7  
Sapling
Afterburners...good idea
 
Sapling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington
Posts: 280

Bikes: Lemond Zurich

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cb hi View Post
learn to fold one envelope into thirds and it will fit in the other same size envelope.

And you could adjust your screen so the blue boxes appear yellow.

Hope this helps.
gasp
Sapling is offline  
Old 01-25-12, 09:32 AM
  #8  
Debusama
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Debusama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 684

Bikes: Elephant custom road bike, 08 Redline D440, Motobecane Fantom cross Uno.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mtn Mike View Post
This is the way it's done around WA State. In fact, the "processing" is done right here in Spokane. If you wanted to save some postage and get your number faster, you could probably drive up here to my neighborhood and get your number in person. (it's not me that does it...it's my neighbor). I agree that the system is lack-luster but remember that WSBA is a mostly volunteer organization. If you could suggest, or better yet, set up a better system I'm sure racers around the state would thank you. Our small club has even gone to a partially automated system for dues, clothing, and race entries. Starting a PayPal account is really quite easy.

I feel your pain but honestly it's not one of my bigger concerns.
I've already mailed it in. When I saw it was a local address, i did consider just going there, but it looked to have been a private residence and I didn't want to just show up with a check. It isn't that it is such a big deal so much as that it's a bigger deal than it needed to be. I must admit to having a negative attitude toward the WSBA due to the fact When I started racing, WSBA numbers weren't required and I don't see what exactly the WSBA has done to enrich the cycling experience in Spokane aside from adding additional expense and complication to a sport that is already turning off new racers with it's cost and red tape. Of course, that is just an opinion based on my view from the angle of a racer who participates in local Tuesday-night rices and whatever other local weekend races happen to fall on days I'm off from work.

Maybe someone who travels to the west side of the state for races, or who promotes and organizes races is able to see the benefits that I don't know about. My opinion is subject to change, but for the time being having to go further out of my way than necessary to join an organization who's purpose is unclear makes me angry.
Debusama is offline  
Old 01-27-12, 02:35 AM
  #9  
ACree
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Debusama View Post
I've already mailed it in. When I saw it was a local address, i did consider just going there, but it looked to have been a private residence and I didn't want to just show up with a check. It isn't that it is such a big deal so much as that it's a bigger deal than it needed to be. I must admit to having a negative attitude toward the WSBA due to the fact When I started racing, WSBA numbers weren't required and I don't see what exactly the WSBA has done to enrich the cycling experience in Spokane aside from adding additional expense and complication to a sport that is already turning off new racers with it's cost and red tape. Of course, that is just an opinion based on my view from the angle of a racer who participates in local Tuesday-night rices and whatever other local weekend races happen to fall on days I'm off from work.

Maybe someone who travels to the west side of the state for races, or who promotes and organizes races is able to see the benefits that I don't know about. My opinion is subject to change, but for the time being having to go further out of my way than necessary to join an organization who's purpose is unclear makes me angry.
Like a smaller version of USA Cycling. I barely follow WA racing, but am always amazed that WSBA and WA in general haven't learned more from OBRA. Though I hear MFG cross is a step in that direction.
ACree is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
RMoudatir
Road Cycling
7
08-10-16 08:40 PM
1nterceptor
Commuting
30
11-10-11 12:41 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.