Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Doping

Old 05-07-19, 11:26 AM
  #101  
Rajflyboy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Gallo View Post
doping has is will be around

dopers are ahead of testers

Pantani and Armstrong were doped to the gills on Ventoux

So was most of the Peleton

Still one of the greatest displays of two guys at the height of their power

I would prefer to know all riders are clean or athletes for that matter. I have resigned to the fact they are not.

I think there should be far mor outrage when IAAF bans Senmenya and requires her to take an inhibitor

Not science based just based on the fact she is naturally different

Want to compete in any other T&F competition or any Olympic for that matter and have the condition no problem only mid distance specifically the one Semmenya competes require this testing and rule

Forget the rampant doping in the events in every sport lets shame a woman that trains hard and is good and not on dope and is refusing the "anti dope"

The country formerly known as Russia is fine to compete in spite of the KGB breaking in and swapping samples

I find the Semenya saga far more outrageous than rumors of Froome and his inhaler

I hope we get to a point that we know who dopes and stop it

I do not follow the rumors of this and just follow the races
For better or worse you nailed it with your thoughts.
Rajflyboy is offline  
Old 05-18-19, 12:56 PM
  #102  
Doge 
Senior Member
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 9,370

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2873 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Wonder if the other pro sports are just better at not getting caught. Clever cheating trick.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lamar...ics-drugs-test
Doge is offline  
Old 05-18-19, 03:18 PM
  #103  
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Posts: 41,572

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6744 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 158 Times in 134 Posts
Amgen makes EPO, and Sponsors the TOC, so like If Red Bull sponsors your race Its Ok to drink the stuff

is it the same for Amgen products


Asking for an invisible friend









....

Last edited by fietsbob; 05-19-19 at 08:28 AM.
fietsbob is offline  
Old 05-18-19, 03:36 PM
  #104  
Doge 
Senior Member
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 9,370

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2873 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob View Post
Amgen makes EPO, and Sponsors the TOC, so like If Red Bull sponsors your race Its Ok to drink the stuff

is it the same for Amgen products
No. Cyclist may not take EPO without a TUE. They can take anything the TUE allows.
However no drug can make 3K turn to 10K. Some things help winning better than drugs.
Doge is offline  
Old 05-19-19, 08:27 AM
  #105  
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Posts: 41,572

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6744 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 158 Times in 134 Posts
I would be at a table of a sidewalk cafe as the race passed thru the village any how ...
fietsbob is offline  
Old 05-19-19, 08:36 AM
  #106  
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member
 
Lemond1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,298
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
No. Cyclist may not take EPO without a TUE. They can take anything the TUE allows.
However no drug can make 3K turn to 10K. Some things help winning better than drugs.
OT, but when I see your avatar, I always think of the poster for "The Lonely Guy":



Lemond1985 is offline  
Old 05-19-19, 09:10 AM
  #107  
Doge 
Senior Member
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 9,370

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2873 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Nobody commented on my link, I expect few clicked. On-topic. Lamar Odom reveals he used prosthetic penis to pass drug test so he could play at the Olympics.
This seems like such an easy way to have been beating these test all along. I can think of several ways a cyclist could do this.

I have many times been near the pee tent and noticed that sometimes the rider had privacy and exited with a sample. I thought there was certainly opportunity to beat that that.
Other races there was someone in the tent, and I thought that was pretty well controlled.

Lamar's statement again reinforces that there is really little doping enforcement at the USA pro level. If there were someone would not need to be told an anti-doping person will be coming by because you have an Olympic spot.
What I see different here, vs a cyclist is nobody is trying to take away all of Lamar's team's wins over the last years. The team was helped by his drug use, as a QB is helped by a doping lineman as a GC rider by a doped Domestique.



Doge is offline  
Old 05-19-19, 09:41 AM
  #108  
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member
 
Lemond1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,298
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 69 Posts
I hope those prosthetic units are race-specific. I think if Chris Froome tried to use Odom's unit (or vice versa) it might raise some eyebrows in the doping tent.
Lemond1985 is offline  
Old 05-23-19, 07:07 PM
  #109  
Rajflyboy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Nobody commented on my link, I expect few clicked. On-topic. Lamar Odom reveals he used prosthetic penis to pass drug test so he could play at the Olympics.
This seems like such an easy way to have been beating these test all along. I can think of several ways a cyclist could do this.

I have many times been near the pee tent and noticed that sometimes the rider had privacy and exited with a sample. I thought there was certainly opportunity to beat that that.
Other races there was someone in the tent, and I thought that was pretty well controlled.

Lamar's statement again reinforces that there is really little doping enforcement at the USA pro level. If there were someone would not need to be told an anti-doping person will be coming by because you have an Olympic spot.
What I see different here, vs a cyclist is nobody is trying to take away all of Lamar's team's wins over the last years. The team was helped by his drug use, as a QB is helped by a doping lineman as a GC rider by a doped Domestique.


Lamar didnít help them much.
Rajflyboy is offline  
Old 05-24-19, 01:01 PM
  #110  
Doge 
Senior Member
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 9,370

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2873 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
Lamar didnít help them much.
If he shared his drug test passing technique - he helped them a lot.
Doge is offline  
Old 05-24-19, 06:34 PM
  #111  
Rajflyboy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
If he shared his drug test passing technique - he helped them a lot.
Well

thats true

yes
Rajflyboy is offline  
Old 05-25-19, 11:48 AM
  #112  
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Posts: 41,572

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6744 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 158 Times in 134 Posts
https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/48393491
fietsbob is offline  
Old 05-25-19, 11:51 AM
  #113  
KraneXL
 
KraneXL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: La-la Land, CA
Posts: 3,107

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2713 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
My view on doping in professional cycling:

Team Sky and the majority of the other teams are still doping. Nothing has changed.

And because of this Lance should have his TDF wins re Instated. I’m not even a big Lance person. But let’s quit fooling each other. Doping still exists.
Lance didn't invent doping. It was in effect long before him and will continue long after.
Originally Posted by Giacomo 1 View Post
And your proof is?
Proof, smoof.

Its human nature. Next question?

Seriously, if you have any doubt that there's doping in all sports then you know nothing about professional competition.
KraneXL is online now  
Old 05-27-19, 05:39 PM
  #114  
Doge 
Senior Member
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 9,370

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2873 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL View Post
...
Seriously, if you have any doubt that there's doping in all sports then you know nothing about professional competition.
I believe (cause I want to ) that some team members don't dope. But if anyone on their team does - the team is helped by that.
Doge is offline  
Old 05-27-19, 06:29 PM
  #115  
KraneXL
 
KraneXL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: La-la Land, CA
Posts: 3,107

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2713 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I believe (cause I want to ) that some team members don't dope. But if anyone on their team does - the team is helped by that.
Sadly, the cat's out of the bag and its never going back in. As you imply, isn't it still fair if everybody's doing it?
KraneXL is online now  
Old 05-27-19, 06:38 PM
  #116  
Doge 
Senior Member
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 9,370

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2873 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL View Post
Sadly, the cat's out of the bag and its never going back in. As you imply, isn't it still fair if everybody's doing it?
I think it is fair if everyone (close to you in ability) is doing it. I don't like it - but it is fair.
What I don't get is why after all this time, folks don't know those are the compromises made to be on a pro team. You sell your body to the team.
I do not think all dope, but getting into it without realizing that will be a significant impact on your career is naive.
If you win without doping - you will get accused of doping.
If you don't take one for the team, you are a bad teammate.
If you dope and win and don't get caught you are a hero and likely beat other dopers.
If you get caught - just like a bad crash. It is a risk you take.


I'm going to suggest there are some American kids that know this. And knew this before making their choice on which way to go. The American kids that do go pro are the best performers in the world at junior. Then mid 20s something happens and they are not so competitive.
That American adult racers in their 30s are just figuring this out makes me think they had bad parents.
Doge is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Eureka
Classic & Vintage
7
10-10-13 07:18 PM
mgb
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
14
10-04-13 04:57 AM
kbbpll
Touring
5
08-22-10 07:50 PM
Vitamin_J
Northeast
0
02-28-07 11:36 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.