Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Floyd Strikes Again.

Old 08-15-11, 08:09 AM
  #1  
ahsposo 
Thoroughbred Member
Thread Starter
 
ahsposo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Anita
Posts: 7,087

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3038 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 67 Posts
Floyd Strikes Again.

This time he's implicating A. Contador by association.

From Cycling News...

Alleges he was sold doping products by coach who went on to work with Contador

Floyd Landis has alleged that he was sold doping products by a former coach at the US Postal team, Pepe Martí, who then went on to work with Alberto Contador at Discovery Channel and Astana. Interviewed on Germany’s ARD TV channel, Landis alleged that Martí was “nothing more than a known drug-trafficker. During my time as a rider at US Postal he sold me growth hormones, EPO and other illegal substances.”


Here's a link to the article.
ahsposo is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 09:04 AM
  #2  
SunSwingsLow
Senior Member
 
SunSwingsLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
God am i sick of Landis.
SunSwingsLow is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 09:20 AM
  #3  
hurley1718
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pgh, PA
Posts: 93

Bikes: Scott S60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Does anybody really believe what comes out of his mouth?
hurley1718 is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 09:36 AM
  #4  
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine
 
DXchulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Alamogordo
Posts: 6,208
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't see why this is news now. He said pretty much the same thing in the Graham Bensinger interview he did back in July.
DXchulo is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 04:18 PM
  #5  
DLBroox
Senior Member
 
DLBroox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 961

Bikes: Bianchi San Jose, Dahon Mu Uno

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Aren't his fifteen minutes up yet?
DLBroox is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 04:20 PM
  #6  
qmsdc15
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,155

Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hurley1718 View Post
Does anybody really believe what comes out of his mouth?
You believed him when he was denying everything, didn't you?
qmsdc15 is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 05:24 PM
  #7  
Kind of Blued
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DXchulo View Post
I don't see why this is news now. He said pretty much the same thing in the Graham Bensinger interview he did back in July.
Yeah. I may be one of the few that both believes what he says, and couldn't care less what he says.
Kind of Blued is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 07:20 PM
  #8  
Dubbayoo
Senior Member
 
Dubbayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,681

Bikes: Pedal Force QS3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kind of Blued View Post
Yeah. I may be one of the few that both believes what he says, and couldn't care less what he says.
I just don't care whether whatever comes out of his mouth is true or not.
Dubbayoo is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 07:43 PM
  #9  
hurley1718
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pgh, PA
Posts: 93

Bikes: Scott S60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qmsdc15 View Post
You believed him when he was denying everything, didn't you?
No, I didn't believe him when he denied everything. I was fairly certain he cheated when he had that comeback stage. I'd refer to it as an amazing stage, but because he cheated it would be a waste.
hurley1718 is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 07:57 PM
  #10  
Nick Bain
Senior Member
 
Nick Bain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Driftless
Posts: 1,832

Bikes: Caad8, Mukluk 3, Trek Superfly, Gary Fisher Irwin.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yah this is nothing.!
Nick Bain is offline  
Old 08-15-11, 10:25 PM
  #11  
LemondFanForeve
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA(for now)
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hurley1718 View Post
Does anybody really believe what comes out of his mouth?
Did anyone believe what came out of Jose Canseco's mouth, when he started ratting people out? no...guess what happened?

Im not defending Floyd, but, I dont "get" the folks who just cant seem to understand that there's an extremely good chance that "Americas Golden Boy" Lance Armstrong was juicing/using PED's? I find it comical, that so many folks claim he has, and have provided proof, and yet, some folks still dont get it. Greg lemond himself said LA was using.......who do I believe more? Lemond/Landis/Tyler? or LA? I go w/LLT. Once it comes out, (and it eventually will), folks will have to eat some Landis Crow.

Folks will soon see LA's "Roger Clemens Act" come crashing down........


Just sayin
LemondFanForeve is offline  
Old 08-16-11, 06:35 AM
  #12  
luxroadie
I read more than post
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LemondFanForeve View Post
Did anyone believe what came out of Jose Canseco's mouth, when he started ratting people out? no...guess what happened?

Im not defending Floyd, but, I dont "get" the folks who just cant seem to understand that there's an extremely good chance that "Americas Golden Boy" Lance Armstrong was juicing/using PED's? I find it comical, that so many folks claim he has, and have provided proof, and yet, some folks still dont get it. Greg lemond himself said LA was using.......who do I believe more? Lemond/Landis/Tyler? or LA? I go w/LLT. Once it comes out, (and it eventually will), folks will have to eat some Landis Crow.

Folks will soon see LA's "Roger Clemens Act" come crashing down........


Just sayin
So based on that, you'd probably admit Lemond used. Same arguments as with Lance. Never failed drug test but routinely beat guys who were known users ...

Just saying ...
luxroadie is offline  
Old 08-16-11, 09:44 AM
  #13  
hurley1718
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pgh, PA
Posts: 93

Bikes: Scott S60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LemondFanForeve View Post
Did anyone believe what came out of Jose Canseco's mouth, when he started ratting people out? no...guess what happened?

Im not defending Floyd, but, I dont "get" the folks who just cant seem to understand that there's an extremely good chance that "Americas Golden Boy" Lance Armstrong was juicing/using PED's? I find it comical, that so many folks claim he has, and have provided proof, and yet, some folks still dont get it. Greg lemond himself said LA was using.......who do I believe more? Lemond/Landis/Tyler? or LA? I go w/LLT. Once it comes out, (and it eventually will), folks will have to eat some Landis Crow.

Folks will soon see LA's "Roger Clemens Act" come crashing down........


Just sayin
Until the air is cleared everything that is said about Lance is hearsay. We know that Landis and Hamilton cheated there is actual proof. Im not saying Lance didn't or did cheat, but where is the proof.
hurley1718 is offline  
Old 08-16-11, 06:09 PM
  #14  
LemondFanForeve
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA(for now)
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by luxroadie View Post
So based on that, you'd probably admit Lemond used. Same arguments as with Lance. Never failed drug test but routinely beat guys who were known users ...

Just saying ...
Show me any cyclist, over the last 20 yrs, that rode when Lemond did, that swears up and down that Greg ever did any kind of drugs? Nice try, there arent any.

Armstrong could end all the speculation, and rumors, by simply coming out, offering up proof, that he didn't, and it will probably go away. Does he do that though? no, rthe second something comes out about it, he hides behind a lawyer(Just Like Clemens), and swears up and down he didnt "cheat". Then put all of the speculation to rest?

But, he doesnt do that...so, he's created his own problems. I'd like to be wrong, and say he didnt, but no one knows. Personally, I find it very hard to believe, that he was the only one to abstain from using them, when the drug situation was so rampant during the decade he was in the sport? Many others do too, thats why we're where we are now. I think he did it to maintain an edge, and to cheat, but thats my opinion. No right or wrong answer, until it's proven either way...otherwise. If so many are coming out saying he did, and he hasnt produced any real proof, then how can you say he's never done it? Have we seen any of the proof? no.

So, yes, it's exactly like Jose Canseco, and it will come out eventually. Like I said, he can simply end it all, but admitting/not admitting he did it, and providing proof, he's only hurting himself, his image, and his legacy, by not doing anything. Hiding behind a lawyer doesnt mean you;'re not guilty.
LemondFanForeve is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 02:54 PM
  #15  
Hambonio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LemondFanForeve View Post
Show me any cyclist, over the last 20 yrs, that rode when Lemond did, that swears up and down that Greg ever did any kind of drugs? Nice try, there arent any.

Armstrong could end all the speculation, and rumors, by simply coming out, offering up proof, that he didn't, and it will probably go away. Does he do that though? no, rthe second something comes out about it, he hides behind a lawyer(Just Like Clemens), and swears up and down he didnt "cheat". Then put all of the speculation to rest?

But, he doesnt do that...so, he's created his own problems. I'd like to be wrong, and say he didnt, but no one knows. Personally, I find it very hard to believe, that he was the only one to abstain from using them, when the drug situation was so rampant during the decade he was in the sport? Many others do too, thats why we're where we are now. I think he did it to maintain an edge, and to cheat, but thats my opinion. No right or wrong answer, until it's proven either way...otherwise. If so many are coming out saying he did, and he hasnt produced any real proof, then how can you say he's never done it? Have we seen any of the proof? no.

So, yes, it's exactly like Jose Canseco, and it will come out eventually. Like I said, he can simply end it all, but admitting/not admitting he did it, and providing proof, he's only hurting himself, his image, and his legacy, by not doing anything. Hiding behind a lawyer doesnt mean you;'re not guilty.
How do you prove you didn't do something********** Why doesn't LeMond prove he didn't?


Floyd is just pissed that he got caught, and they punished him, effectively ending his career. Now Contadopr on the other hand, was caught, and has missed nothing, and his "trial" keeps getting pushed back further and further. Maybe Landis needs to be cycling's Canseco.
Hambonio is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 03:01 PM
  #16  
digitaldisco
Junior Member
 
digitaldisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: baltimore
Posts: 13

Bikes: kilo tt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think the reality is that cycling, for a long time, has had a doping problem. The problem is with the sport, not the athletes. It seems that it was/is so systemic that the UCI and other pro-cycling groups just have to move forward, not look back, and enforce strict testing sanctions and work to develop better tests. Digging through the refuse of champions past is just going to make the whole sport look worse.
digitaldisco is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 04:24 PM
  #17  
LemondFanForeve
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA(for now)
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How do you prove you didn't do something********** Why doesn't LeMond prove he didn't?
How do you know lemond did anything? No one's ever questioned him doing any drugs, unless Ive missed something?

Floyd is just pissed that he got caught, and they punished him, effectively ending his career. Now Contadopr on the other hand, was caught, and has missed nothing, and his "trial" keeps getting pushed back further and further. Maybe Landis needs to be cycling's Canseco.
That was my point...he was trying to be, and people didnt believe him. Years later, there's still question marks about Lance.

Like I asked before: show me any cyclist, who rode when Lemond did, that said Greg took any EPO's? Good luck with your search.
LemondFanForeve is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 05:12 PM
  #18  
Hambonio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LemondFanForeve View Post
How do you know lemond did anything? No one's ever questioned him doing any drugs, unless Ive missed something?



That was my point...he was trying to be, and people didnt believe him. Years later, there's still question marks about Lance.

Like I asked before: show me any cyclist, who rode when Lemond did, that said Greg took any EPO's? Good luck with your search.
How is it possible for anyone to prove they didn't do something???

Hold Lemond to the same standard you want to hold Lance to. Make them both prove the unproveable!
Hambonio is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 05:26 PM
  #19  
LemondFanForeve
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA(for now)
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How is it possible for anyone to prove they didn't do something???
Not sure really.....ask lance...the longer he maintains his innocence, w/o providing any proof either way, stuff like this will continue.

Hold Lemond to the same standard you want to hold Lance to. Make them both prove the unproveable!
I agree. BUTTTTTT, Lemond isnt the one being questioned here, by several people(including former teammates) right? I find it hard to believe, that someone who retired 20+yrs ago, has yet tpo have anyone come out and say yes that Greg did do drugs? Yet, I find it very plausible, and very believable, that Armstrong DID do drugs.

Like i said, all he has to do, is come out and prove to all of us, that he's clean, has he done that? no. It's always through a lawyer, or he claims to have done this.

Lemond, if found out he did drugs, I would think alot less of him, but that hasnt been proven has it? Lance is like Barry Bonds.......in denial. The proof is there, just the fact that people seem to turn a blind eye to it.

If you think he's clean? good for you, I hope he is. But, IMO, I dont think he's clean, I think he's a cheater, especially, when some of his own teammates have come out and said that he did/was believed to have done so.

people talk about "jealousy" and "so and so only said that because they're jealous/not as good", how about they said it because it could be truthful? whether or not the media, or some fans choose to believe/not believe he's clean, is all on Lance. HE can come out, and shut everyone up, and things will die down. BUT, he chooses not to, so stuff like this continues?
LemondFanForeve is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 05:34 PM
  #20  
qmsdc15
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,155

Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LemondFanForeve View Post
How do you know lemond did anything? No one's ever questioned him doing any drugs, unless Ive missed something?

EPO was not availablr]e



That was my point...he was trying to be, and people didnt believe him. Years later, there's still question marks about Lance.

Like I asked before: show me any cyclist, who rode when Lemond did, that said Greg took any EPO's? Good luck with your search.
EPO was not available when Greg was riding. He used transfusions.
qmsdc15 is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 06:38 PM
  #21  
LemondFanForeve
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA(for now)
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qmsdc15 View Post
EPO was not available when Greg was riding. He used transfusions.
There you go......but, "transfusions" are not drugs......and, Im standing by what i said, I have yet to hear any cyclists, who rode in the Lemond era, who have claimed he did anything illegal.

if you wouldnt mind, can you post where it says he used transfusions?

if you're willing to suggest that Lemond did drugs(ermm...excuse me "transfusions"), then, wouldnt it be completely reasonable, and logical, to suggest that Merckx/Hinault could've done something as well? How do you know they didn't?

Last edited by LemondFanForeve; 08-17-11 at 07:48 PM.
LemondFanForeve is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 07:42 PM
  #22  
ahsposo 
Thoroughbred Member
Thread Starter
 
ahsposo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Anita
Posts: 7,087

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3038 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by qmsdc15 View Post
EPO was not available when Greg was riding. He used transfusions.
What, from Andean llama herders?
ahsposo is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 07:48 PM
  #23  
LemondFanForeve
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA(for now)
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
what, from andean llama herders?
lol.
LemondFanForeve is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 10:07 PM
  #24  
canam73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Haunchyville
Posts: 6,388
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by LemondFanForeve View Post
if you're willing to suggest that Lemond did drugs(ermm...excuse me "transfusions"), then, wouldnt it be completely reasonable, and logical, to suggest that Merckx/Hinault could've done something as well? How do you know they didn't?
Merckx did, and was caught and penalized. Dunno about Hinault.
canam73 is offline  
Old 08-17-11, 10:09 PM
  #25  
canam73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Haunchyville
Posts: 6,388
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by qmsdc15 View Post
EPO was not available when Greg was riding. He used transfusions.
Riders started getting banned for EPO in 1988.
canam73 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.