Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-08, 08:18 AM   #1
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Diamondback vs Trek for a new hybrid

Clueless newbie looking for a hybrid for me and my wife

Expected Use : 80% probability sit in my garage and rust; 20% probability ride in bike paths and maybe some limited dirt trails

Saw a Trek 7100 and a 7300 at LBS (Jax) and a Diamondback Menona at Sport Chalet. Menona was similar price range as Trek 7100 and appeared to have better components (please refer to first two words of email text). What do ppl think abt the Diamondback Menona?

rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-08, 07:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
DieselDan's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.
Bikes: Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger
Posts: 8,522
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
More cost effective to rent a bike every once in a while then to buy one that you won't ever use.
DieselDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 PM.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    get answers from real people!
Click to start entering your question.