Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Carogna Tubular Gluing Tape

Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Carogna Tubular Gluing Tape

Old 08-29-16, 10:56 PM
  #1  
UmneyDurak
RacingBear
Thread Starter
 
UmneyDurak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 8,926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Carogna Tubular Gluing Tape

Hi. Anyone used this gluing tape? I have been racing road bikes on tubulars for the last 8 years or so. At some point I have used Tufo extreme tape, but mostly just gluing them. I never had the tire roll off. Knock on wood. Frankly I just don't want to deal with the hassle of gluing, and want easier clean up. Thanks.
UmneyDurak is offline  
Old 08-30-16, 04:54 AM
  #2  
K.Katso
Gold Member
 
K.Katso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Haarlem, Netherlands
Posts: 1,313

Bikes: Pinarello Dogma F8, Pinarello Bolide, Argon 18 E-118, Bianchi Oltre, Cervelo S1, Wilier Pista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try the new Vittoria Magic Mastik glue. Easy to glue and clean up, dries fast, doesn't make a mess at all. No hassle.
K.Katso is offline  
Old 08-30-16, 05:16 AM
  #3  
rpenmanparker 
Senior Member
 
rpenmanparker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 28,412

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6346 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
So what was wrong with Tufo?
__________________
Robert

Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
No matter where I go, here I am...
rpenmanparker is offline  
Old 08-30-16, 06:25 AM
  #4  
spdntrxi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Bay Area ,CA
Posts: 1,553

Bikes: Parlee,BMC,Specialized and Trek

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use Tufo.. seems to peel right off the rim once I get it started..so easy clean up too
spdntrxi is offline  
Old 08-30-16, 08:39 AM
  #5  
rpenmanparker 
Senior Member
 
rpenmanparker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 28,412

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6346 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
The Carogna tape has been much discussed on the Weight Weenies forum. Some reports IIRC of just not sticking. I have found Tufo very satisfactory with Vittoria tires.
__________________
Robert

Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
No matter where I go, here I am...
rpenmanparker is offline  
Old 08-30-16, 12:02 PM
  #6  
UmneyDurak
RacingBear
Thread Starter
 
UmneyDurak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 8,926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker View Post
The Carogna tape has been much discussed on the Weight Weenies forum. Some reports IIRC of just not sticking. I have found Tufo very satisfactory with Vittoria tires.
Do you have a link?

Well, granted I used it few years ago, it said it only worked with Tufo tires, or more precisely with specific kind of base tape. Now it might have been just to cover their ass, or encourage people to buy their tubulars. I don't know.

I plan on using it with Micheline Pro 4 tubulars.
UmneyDurak is offline  
Old 08-30-16, 12:37 PM
  #7  
rpenmanparker 
Senior Member
 
rpenmanparker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 28,412

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6346 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UmneyDurak View Post
Do you have a link?

Well, granted I used it few years ago, it said it only worked with Tufo tires, or more precisely with specific kind of base tape. Now it might have been just to cover their ass, or encourage people to buy their tubulars. I don't know.

I plan on using it with Micheline Pro 4 tubulars.
Here is the link: Effetto Mariposa Carogna Tubular Gluing Tape - Weight Weenies

See the posts starting on the middle of page 3 that talk about the tape not adhering. Please note, I have no opinion about this, just wanted you to see it.
__________________
Robert

Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
No matter where I go, here I am...

Last edited by rpenmanparker; 08-30-16 at 12:42 PM.
rpenmanparker is offline  
Old 08-30-16, 05:22 PM
  #8  
dalava
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,230

Bikes: Moots Vamoots, Colnago C60, Santa Cruz Stigmata CC, and too many other bikes I don't ride

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by UmneyDurak View Post
Hi. Anyone used this gluing tape? I have been racing road bikes on tubulars for the last 8 years or so. At some point I have used Tufo extreme tape, but mostly just gluing them. I never had the tire roll off. Knock on wood. Frankly I just don't want to deal with the hassle of gluing, and want easier clean up. Thanks.
Been using them for the last year or so on 2 sets of Zipps, no problem whatsoever. Easy to mount and replace tires. I can see it may not be that secure for extremely low pressure applications, e.g. cross with less than 50 psi, but for road applications, they are so so much easier than messing with glue.

Make sure you get the right width for your rims.
dalava is offline  
Old 08-30-16, 11:52 PM
  #9  
UmneyDurak
RacingBear
Thread Starter
 
UmneyDurak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 8,926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for replies, and the link.
UmneyDurak is offline  
Old 08-31-16, 12:17 PM
  #10  
Reynolds 
Passista
 
Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,620

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaña pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts
I wouldn't trust a gluing tape (anything, really) with that name.
Reynolds is offline  
Old 08-31-16, 03:39 PM
  #11  
JohnJ80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,010

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UmneyDurak View Post
Hi. Anyone used this gluing tape? I have been racing road bikes on tubulars for the last 8 years or so. At some point I have used Tufo extreme tape, but mostly just gluing them. I never had the tire roll off. Knock on wood. Frankly I just don't want to deal with the hassle of gluing, and want easier clean up. Thanks.
Been using it for the last year or more. Works really well and comes off clean from the rim. Any little bit left is easy to peel off. Prior to the had been using the Tufo tape which also works well but does not come cleanly off the rim. There is no way that a tire properly applied to the rim is going to come off. Taking a tire off the rim makes that more than clear.

I now have 6 wheel sets using the Carogna tape with thousands and thousands of miles on them cumulative.

J.
JohnJ80 is offline  
Old 08-31-16, 11:51 PM
  #12  
Fox Farm
Senior Member
 
Fox Farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,545

Bikes: Merlin Extra Light, Orbea Orca, Ritchey Outback,Tomac Revolver Mountain Bike, Cannondale Crit 3.0 now used for time trials.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been using Tufo for about 12 years now. No problems with it coming off prematurely. Actually, if you keep your tires mounted for two or more years, it is a PITA to remove the tape and you need to use their tape remover solvent.
Fox Farm is offline  
Old 12-17-16, 04:28 PM
  #13  
pmt
Experienced
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,036
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UmneyDurak View Post
Hi. Anyone used this gluing tape? I have been racing road bikes on tubulars for the last 8 years or so. At some point I have used Tufo extreme tape, but mostly just gluing them. I never had the tire roll off. Knock on wood. Frankly I just don't want to deal with the hassle of gluing, and want easier clean up. Thanks.
Just finished up a full cyclocross season with four racers and five wheelsets taped with Carogna; we had 100% success. Not a single tire-roll or problem, and we all raced on nasty off-cambers with severe shearing forces. Also raced in mud and water; no issues at all. Will Buy Again.

All the tires are Challenge; three of the wheelsets are narrow aluminium, one wide aluminium, and one carbon.

I have heard that FMB tubulars may not stick well however; they use some other kind of base-tape.
pmt is offline  
Old 12-17-16, 06:50 PM
  #14  
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.
 
Psimet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Elgin, IL
Posts: 20,593

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by pmt View Post
Just finished up a full cyclocross season with four racers and five wheelsets taped with Carogna; we had 100% success. Not a single tire-roll or problem, and we all raced on nasty off-cambers with severe shearing forces. Also raced in mud and water; no issues at all. Will Buy Again.

All the tires are Challenge; three of the wheelsets are narrow aluminium, one wide aluminium, and one carbon.


I have heard that FMB tubulars may not stick well however; they use some other kind of base-tape.
Indeed. The only exposure I have had to this stuff is on 2 wheels. 1 was "glued" up by a pro mech I trust highly who is the wrench for Jonathan Page when he is racing Stateside. He was given some of the stuff to test and I was HIGHLY impressed with how well it did. It wasn't under Page but it was under Caleb Swartz who has been tearing the wheels off of a ton of people on the domestic scene. We kept out eyes on it for the year and it performed perfectly.

The other one I saw was on a wheelset handed to me to fix. They were FMB's and it wasn't "stuck" down in a ton of placed.

Without having done the application myself I can't tell you much. I got the impression the second wheel wasn't pre prepared as well or as thoughtfully as it chould have been.

I haven't noticed anything in particular on the basetape of FMB. With Vittoria they have a latex coating that will give way before a glue to base tape layer does. I have seen that layer seperate on road racing applications in corners twice. I currently "buff" off all of the latex covering on Vittorias and glue directly to the cotton basetape. With FMB's I have always just glued straight up as is.

For everyone else - I glue up roughly 300+ tires a year. Some years maybe more. I do a ton of road and cyclocross. Probably 45% road -55% cross. Tufo tape I have seen fail a lot. So much I don't even consider it an option. This carogna stuff is the first actual tape style device that I have seen that I have been super impressed with.

It's still not enough to let me switch over to it but I will test it further. See in your world it's acceptable to risk rolling a tire. In mine it is not allowed in any circumstance what so ever. That means gluing. Period. Until proven otherwise.
__________________
PSIMET Wheels, PSIMET Racing, PSIMET Neutral Race Support, and 11 Jackson Coffee
Podcast - YouTube Channel
Video about PSIMET Wheels

Psimet2001 is offline  
Old 12-17-16, 07:35 PM
  #15  
UmneyDurak
RacingBear
Thread Starter
 
UmneyDurak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 8,926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pmt View Post
Just finished up a full cyclocross season with four racers and five wheelsets taped with Carogna; we had 100% success. Not a single tire-roll or problem, and we all raced on nasty off-cambers with severe shearing forces. Also raced in mud and water; no issues at all. Will Buy Again.

All the tires are Challenge; three of the wheelsets are narrow aluminium, one wide aluminium, and one carbon.

I have heard that FMB tubulars may not stick well however; they use some other kind of base-tape.
Thanks for feedback.

Originally Posted by Psimet2001 View Post
Indeed. The only exposure I have had to this stuff is on 2 wheels. 1 was "glued" up by a pro mech I trust highly who is the wrench for Jonathan Page when he is racing Stateside. He was given some of the stuff to test and I was HIGHLY impressed with how well it did. It wasn't under Page but it was under Caleb Swartz who has been tearing the wheels off of a ton of people on the domestic scene. We kept out eyes on it for the year and it performed perfectly.

The other one I saw was on a wheelset handed to me to fix. They were FMB's and it wasn't "stuck" down in a ton of placed.

Without having done the application myself I can't tell you much. I got the impression the second wheel wasn't pre prepared as well or as thoughtfully as it chould have been.

I haven't noticed anything in particular on the basetape of FMB. With Vittoria they have a latex coating that will give way before a glue to base tape layer does. I have seen that layer seperate on road racing applications in corners twice. I currently "buff" off all of the latex covering on Vittorias and glue directly to the cotton basetape. With FMB's I have always just glued straight up as is.

For everyone else - I glue up roughly 300+ tires a year. Some years maybe more. I do a ton of road and cyclocross. Probably 45% road -55% cross. Tufo tape I have seen fail a lot. So much I don't even consider it an option. This carogna stuff is the first actual tape style device that I have seen that I have been super impressed with.

It's still not enough to let me switch over to it but I will test it further. See in your world it's acceptable to risk rolling a tire. In mine it is not allowed in any circumstance what so ever. That means gluing. Period. Until proven otherwise.
Eh, in "my world" it's not an acceptable risk. I don't particularly want to go sliding on my ass mid corner, potentially causing a pile up. Seriously wtf man?

I have been gluing all my tires for last 10 years. Knock on wood, no rolls. That being said gluing can be ****ed up too. So there is a risk with it also. Question is it higher with Carogna tape, or not.

Hmm good to know about Vittorias. I am going back to them next year after racing on Pro4s this year.
UmneyDurak is offline  
Old 12-17-16, 08:14 PM
  #16  
Taqi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Been using it for 18 months, the medium width on 24.2mm bora ultras / veloflex arenbergs or carbons. Rock solid so far, in 90-100F degree environment. Super easy to fit. Not as easy to clean off the rim as advertised though. Only ever tried it on new tires / totally (and I mean totally) clean rim.

Have read the WW posts re poor adhesion, not my experience.
Taqi is offline  
Old 12-17-16, 08:37 PM
  #17  
JohnJ80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,010

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Lennard Zinn thinks the Carogna tape is great stuff. I'd agree.

J.
JohnJ80 is offline  
Old 12-17-16, 08:49 PM
  #18  
Wileyone 
Senior Member
 
Wileyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: GWN
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I have used both of these Tapes. The Effetto Mariposa Carogna Tubular Gluing Tape and the Tufo. Booth work well. But the selling point to me is the Tufo is half the price. And for those that still like Glue have at it. The Tape is easier and works very well. Welcome to 2017.
Wileyone is offline  
Old 12-18-16, 09:36 AM
  #19  
JohnJ80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,010

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyone View Post
I have used both of these Tapes. The Effetto Mariposa Carogna Tubular Gluing Tape and the Tufo. Booth work well. But the selling point to me is the Tufo is half the price. And for those that still like Glue have at it. The Tape is easier and works very well. Welcome to 2017.
Yep. Agree about tape being the way to go. I've used both and prefer the Carogna since it cleans up better. Either way, with tape it's simple to use tubulars and get the better ride quality, lower weight rims and less flats (a lot less in my case).

J.
JohnJ80 is offline  
Old 12-18-16, 03:10 PM
  #20  
rpenmanparker 
Senior Member
 
rpenmanparker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 28,412

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6346 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001 View Post
Tufo tape I have seen fail a lot. So much I don't even consider it an option. This carogna stuff is the first actual tape style device that I have seen that I have been super impressed with.
I'm surprised. Admittedly my riding hasn't really tested the security of tape-mounted tires, so I can't say I have proved anything myself during riding. But when I have needed to remove a Tufo tape-mounted tire, it has taken tremendous effort to get it off. At least as much or more than I remember with glue. I wonder if the failures you have seen were due to overheating of the rim. I get the sense that the tape may be susceptible to that as the adhesive doesn't really set up like tubular glue does. It is ready to go right away and seems to never change much over time. A little heat could soften it up. Using a hair dryer when removing a tire could offer a good test of this question.
__________________
Robert

Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
No matter where I go, here I am...
rpenmanparker is offline  
Old 12-20-16, 11:54 AM
  #21  
bikebreak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I used the carogna to stick vittoria tires on Easton EC90 rims.
Very very fast and easy compared to glue. Especially for centering tires.


Only ~500 miles on it, holding fine so far.
bikebreak is offline  
Old 12-21-16, 10:32 AM
  #22  
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.
 
Psimet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Elgin, IL
Posts: 20,593

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by UmneyDurak View Post
Eh, in "my world" it's not an acceptable risk. I don't particularly want to go sliding on my ass mid corner, potentially causing a pile up. Seriously wtf man?

I have been gluing all my tires for last 10 years. Knock on wood, no rolls. That being said gluing can be ****ed up too. So there is a risk with it also. Question is it higher with Carogna tape, or not.

Hmm good to know about Vittorias. I am going back to them next year after racing on Pro4s this year.
DIdn't mean you specifically. More of a rhetorical "you".
__________________
PSIMET Wheels, PSIMET Racing, PSIMET Neutral Race Support, and 11 Jackson Coffee
Podcast - YouTube Channel
Video about PSIMET Wheels

Psimet2001 is offline  
Old 12-21-16, 10:35 AM
  #23  
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.
 
Psimet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Elgin, IL
Posts: 20,593

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker View Post
I'm surprised. Admittedly my riding hasn't really tested the security of tape-mounted tires, so I can't say I have proved anything myself during riding. But when I have needed to remove a Tufo tape-mounted tire, it has taken tremendous effort to get it off. At least as much or more than I remember with glue. I wonder if the failures you have seen were due to overheating of the rim. I get the sense that the tape may be susceptible to that as the adhesive doesn't really set up like tubular glue does. It is ready to go right away and seems to never change much over time. A little heat could soften it up. Using a hair dryer when removing a tire could offer a good test of this question.
Issues I have seen are from heavy crit racing and from moisture intrusion. The thickness of the tape itself leads to a bit of space for water to get in and I have seen it erode away the purchase of the tape itself. That seems to go away over time - the more it's ridden the less likely it is to happen.

In general you know it works for you. I know that it fails more often than my gluing does. I can't, for liability reasons, choose to use tape for customers when I know it will have a higher failure possibility than gluing will. In the end I have no way of knowing how a customer will use the wheel/tire. I basicly have to weld them to the rim.
__________________
PSIMET Wheels, PSIMET Racing, PSIMET Neutral Race Support, and 11 Jackson Coffee
Podcast - YouTube Channel
Video about PSIMET Wheels

Psimet2001 is offline  
Old 12-21-16, 10:45 AM
  #24  
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.
 
Psimet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Elgin, IL
Posts: 20,593

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyone View Post
I have used both of these Tapes. The Effetto Mariposa Carogna Tubular Gluing Tape and the Tufo. Booth work well. But the selling point to me is the Tufo is half the price. And for those that still like Glue have at it. The Tape is easier and works very well. Welcome to 2017.
...for you and some others at this point. I "hope" it does what it is intended to do and we get enough real world data behind it to consider it a replacement for gluing.

As you know - some will never leave gluing. I honestly don't blame them. It's hard, as a mechanic, to leave what you know works extremely well. Especially when you have the life of your rider in your own hands. The most humbling experience in the world is having to pick your rider off the tarmac knowing it was something you did that put them there. Watching them deal with their injuries, etc. As a result, when you've looked your riders in the eyes you decide not to take unnecessary risks.

Tape has had a less than great track record in application. Each new iteration has been getting better for sure. Something a home user is willing to try out. Weighing the "difficulty" of gluing vs the possible downside of dumping oneself on the ground. Easier to stomach when you're the only one responsible for it. So more home users get to try it and we get to see how well it works.

So far this tape seems to do well when in the hands of a professional, or at least someone with good attention to detail. I have also seen it fail miserably. I have had wheels come in with tire barely in contact with the wheel and the tape falling off the rim in places and stuck like nobody's business in other places. I have to assume it was poor application and preparation but until I know for a fact that is the case I would be negligent if I used it in place of gluing.

...and yes - welcome to 2017....where the best tires and rims are still glued together.
__________________
PSIMET Wheels, PSIMET Racing, PSIMET Neutral Race Support, and 11 Jackson Coffee
Podcast - YouTube Channel
Video about PSIMET Wheels

Psimet2001 is offline  
Old 12-21-16, 08:06 PM
  #25  
UmneyDurak
RacingBear
Thread Starter
 
UmneyDurak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 8,926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001 View Post
DIdn't mean you specifically. More of a rhetorical "you".
Fair enough.
On side note, how do you get latex covering off Vitorrias?
UmneyDurak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.