Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Y seat? sling seat? What are/were they?

Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Y seat? sling seat? What are/were they?

Old 06-23-05, 04:56 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Y seat? sling seat? What are/were they?

Remember those seats for bicycles that consisted of a "slingshot" style seat post that had a strap from post to post? You sat on the strap which crossed your butt horizontally (that is, perpendicular to your, ahem, vertical fault line). What were those called? Where can I get one? Yes, I know they are ugly, but I've got a buddy who has one (without identifying marks) and he rides for days w/o discomfort or numbness.
rhetoric is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
big chainring
Classic & Vintage
04-16-12 04:48 AM
10-26-10 09:46 AM
Square & Compas
08-26-09 07:50 PM
Fifty Plus (50+)
06-29-08 11:12 PM
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
12-25-07 02:03 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.