Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Addiction LXXIV (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/1169570-addiction-lxxiv.html)

BillyD 04-01-19 09:37 AM

Addiction LXXIV
 
Have at it.

seedsbelize 04-01-19 09:38 AM

Whew!

seedsbelize 04-01-19 09:39 AM

I was mid reply.
Can anyone tell me what the new announcement refers to? There is nothing to click on, for me anyway.

WhyFi 04-01-19 09:46 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 20864351)
I was mid reply.
Can anyone tell me what the new announcement refers to? There is nothing to click on, for me anyway.

I'm not seeing it on the mobile version, either. I'm assuming that it's an April Fool's thing.

seedsbelize 04-01-19 09:49 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 20864366)
I'm not seeing it on the mobile version, either. I'm assuming that it's an April Fool's thing.

From a three star admin???

WhyFi 04-01-19 09:49 AM

Oh, and I was driven batty by chain noise this morning, but I forgot to bring lube, so I picked up some Gold, Jerry, Gold! from the local LBS bike shop. I have never tried RNR Gold, but the cult is strong, so it better be good to me.

WhyFi 04-01-19 09:50 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 20864373)
From a three star admin???

Anyone with IB in their name is essentially the management, not really day-to-day admin.

datlas 04-01-19 09:50 AM

Hi! What's this thread about?

datlas 04-01-19 09:51 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 20864374)
Oh, and I was driven batty by chain noise this morning, but I forgot to bring lube, so I picked up some Gold, Jerry, Gold! from the local LBS bike shop. I have never tried RNR Gold, but the cult is strong, so it better be good to me.

I think it's pretty good stuff. I alternate between this and my home-brew. The home-brew costs pennies so I use it when it's yucky out and relubing is frequent.

mvnsnd 04-01-19 09:52 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 20864374)
Oh, and I was driven batty by chain noise this morning, but I forgot to bring lube, so I picked up some Gold, Jerry, Gold! from the local LBS bike shop. I have never tried RNR Gold, but the cult is strong, so it better be good to me.

I like it, but it does get black fairly quick. Shake well before use and re-apply as necessary. :thumb:

LesterOfPuppets 04-01-19 10:20 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 20864380)
Hi! What's this thread about?


It's a lube thread, apparently.

LesterOfPuppets 04-01-19 10:32 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 20864374)
Oh, and I was driven batty by chain noise this morning, but I forgot to bring lube, so I picked up some Gold, Jerry, Gold! from the local LBS bike shop. I have never tried RNR Gold, but the cult is strong, so it better be good to me.

I bought a pint of sealant at a LBS yesterday .
#stickershock

Took it out to the van, popped one bead of the tyre on, then most of the other one, grabbed the jug o' sealant and then the second bead popped all the way back off. So after putting the second bead most of the way on, I propped the wheel up so that the QR was kinda hanging on the second row seat and the bottom of the wheel is on the floor down by the sliding door track. With this setup I could hold the bead on with my left hand and right knee, grab the jug with my right hand, pour in a few oz's, put the jug down then pop the rest of the bead on.

Then I grabbed my floor pump and sighed, "this bead is never gonna set with a floor pump. But lo and behold. 8 strokes and CRACK!

LesterOfPuppets 04-01-19 10:34 AM

My phone didn't think lo was a word.

Trsnrtr 04-01-19 12:00 PM

Saw my urologist today for my 4 month PSA and testosterone check. After 10 years of suppressed T due to anti-hormone therapy, I now have to have a DXA scan. The doc also murmured that with my bone fracture (and falling) history, it may be time to stick to three wheels. :(

No, No, not yet! :eek:

Trsnrtr 04-01-19 12:01 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 20864481)
Then I grabbed my floor pump and sighed, "this bead is never gonna set with a floor pump. But lo and behold. 8 strokes and CRACK!

That's a great sound. :bday:

gnome 04-01-19 12:47 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 20864373)
From a three star admin???

Highly possible. Even three star admins are people too. Some even have a sense of humour. After all the original Trollheim subforum was originally created by a three star admin to gather research for his psychology PhD. @botto was given a black star for a day, with the power to ban anyone, for one April 1st.

datlas 04-01-19 01:18 PM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 20864766)
Highly possible. Even three star admins are people too. Some even have a sense of humour. After all the original Trollheim subforum was originally created by a three star admin to gather research for his psychology PhD. @botto was given a black star for a day, with the power to ban anyone, for one April 1st.

What happened to Botto? Did he vote with his feet??

BillyD 04-01-19 01:23 PM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 20864766)
Highly possible. Even three star admins are people too. Some even have a sense of humour. After all the original Trollheim subforum was originally created by a three star admin to gather research for his psychology PhD. @botto was given a black star for a day, with the power to ban anyone, for one April 1st.

Ahhhh you remember. Good times. :)

BillyD 04-01-19 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 20864351)
I was mid reply.
Can anyone tell me what the new announcement refers to? There is nothing to click on, for me anyway.

wut

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 20864366)
I'm not seeing it on the mobile version, either. I'm assuming that it's an April Fool's thing.

wut

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 20864373)
From a three star admin???

wut

Bah Humbug 04-01-19 01:49 PM

@mvnsnd, re: the power socket discussion from the previous thread. The problem is I'd rather use native cords, not adapters (and I'm finally figuring out where to get just the foreign cords to plug directly into the USB chargers and AG's laptop power brick). The problem is that Italy, specifically, uses a dazzling array of plugs, sometimes differing from room to room and wall to wall within a single building. Types C, E, F, and L are all represented. The reports I've read from travelers are not reassuring. I'll probably get type C cords which should (in theory) work with all sockets and cross my fingers, but it makes me pine for the UK's always-grounded, always-polarized, one-option type G.

I don't need US wall plugs other than for AG's laptop; everything else is (or can be) USB. At least if I don't need to recharge the camera. Hrm.

Bah Humbug 04-01-19 01:55 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 20864374)
Oh, and I was driven batty by chain noise this morning, but I forgot to bring lube, so I picked up some Gold, Jerry, Gold! from the local LBS bike shop. I have never tried RNR Gold, but the cult is strong, so it better be good to me.

It's my favorite, mostly because a flush of it is the easiest way I've found to clean a chain. AG likes to drool over the colored waxes to chase a watt or two, but then would run Gatorskins if I'd let her.

gnome 04-01-19 03:12 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 20864825)
What happened to Botto? Did he vote with his feet??

I think so. His lifestyle changed and he moved continents and ceased riding as much.

rjones28 04-01-19 06:35 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 20864481)
I bought a pint of sealant at a LBS yesterday .
#stickershock

Took it out to the van, popped one bead of the tyre on, then most of the other one, grabbed the jug o' sealant and then the second bead popped all the way back off. So after putting the second bead most of the way on, I propped the wheel up so that the QR was kinda hanging on the second row seat and the bottom of the wheel is on the floor down by the sliding door track. With this setup I could hold the bead on with my left hand and right knee, grab the jug with my right hand, pour in a few oz's, put the jug down then pop the rest of the bead on.

Then I grabbed my floor pump and sighed, "this bead is never gonna set with a floor pump. But lo and behold. 8 strokes and CRACK!

:)

rjones28 04-01-19 06:36 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 20864672)
Saw my urologist today for my 4 month PSA and testosterone check. After 10 years of suppressed T due to anti-hormone therapy, I now have to have a DXA scan. The doc also murmured that with my bone fracture (and falling) history, it may be time to stick to three wheels. :(

No, No, not yet! :eek:

:eek:

LesterOfPuppets 04-01-19 11:00 PM

I hope @Velo Vol is exercising caution on or around bridges. Even if they're on the other side of the state.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/01/us/...acebook.com%2F


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.