Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Addiction 2021.1

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Addiction 2021.1

Old 03-22-21, 03:58 AM
  #10351  
he said member
 
ls01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: is everything
Posts: 13,802

Bikes: yes please

Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
I can assure you, going down is much more fun.
reported. Family forum
ls01 is offline  
Likes For ls01:
Old 03-22-21, 04:05 AM
  #10352  
he said member
 
ls01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: is everything
Posts: 13,802

Bikes: yes please

Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
Just listed my bass amp for sale, and now after getting it cleaned up, taking some pictures, and creating some ad copy with all the pertinent features I'm not realy wanting to sell it anymore

So I'm trying to make up for it by listing the sell price a couple hundred bucks more than I initially intended to list it for
I did that with my Camaro, totally backfired! 1st guy bought it ,didn't even haggle with me, not that it would have done any good. Left me thinking I screwed myself.
ls01 is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 04:06 AM
  #10353  
he said member
 
ls01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: is everything
Posts: 13,802

Bikes: yes please

Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
Agree with rjones. Heavens.

I made some bike stands from PVC, simply because I had some sitting around. No bueno.
Why no bueno?
ls01 is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 04:16 AM
  #10354  
he said member
 
ls01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: is everything
Posts: 13,802

Bikes: yes please

Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Got about 1/3 of the storage unit filled. Plenty of stuff to go next weekend and during the week too. Made a pretty good dent in things.
Going to have to get a 10 yard dumpster for construction debris. There's plenty of that. There is going to be a purge.
The garage is frightening.
ls01 is offline  
Likes For ls01:
Old 03-22-21, 05:10 AM
  #10355  
Super Modest
 
Trsnrtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 23,572

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Liked 4,785 Times in 2,181 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
I made nicely overdone sweet potato “fries” in the convection oven. No peanuts.
We had some, too. My wife cooks them a cupcake pan.
__________________
Keep the chain tight!







Trsnrtr is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 05:12 AM
  #10356  
Super Modest
 
Trsnrtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 23,572

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Liked 4,785 Times in 2,181 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
Peanut Buster Parfaits for desert!!!
Heated stroopwafels with pecan halves on top for desert.
__________________
Keep the chain tight!







Trsnrtr is offline  
Likes For Trsnrtr:
Old 03-22-21, 06:05 AM
  #10357  
• —
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 12,342

Bikes: Shmikes

Liked 5,968 Times in 3,216 Posts
Originally Posted by rjones28
Oh?

How much weight and what chain lube?
MoAlpha is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 06:29 AM
  #10358  
Mostly Harmless
 
rjones28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: At Large
Posts: 56,756

Bikes: Have two wheels

Liked 4,649 Times in 2,550 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
Your Orange are on fire.
And they wear true orange, unlike those posers in the quasi-south.
__________________
Originally Posted by patentcad
If this thread doesn't go 10 pages I'm quitting BF.
rjones28 is offline  
Likes For rjones28:
Old 03-22-21, 06:32 AM
  #10359  
Mostly Harmless
 
rjones28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: At Large
Posts: 56,756

Bikes: Have two wheels

Liked 4,649 Times in 2,550 Posts
Full disclosure, I don't really follow SU sports. I mainly know that something is going on with them by the presence of Orange flags on peoples houses.
__________________
Originally Posted by patentcad
If this thread doesn't go 10 pages I'm quitting BF.
rjones28 is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 06:33 AM
  #10360  
Mostly Harmless
 
rjones28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: At Large
Posts: 56,756

Bikes: Have two wheels

Liked 4,649 Times in 2,550 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
Peanut Buster Parfaits for desert!!!
Everybody loves a parfait.
__________________
Originally Posted by patentcad
If this thread doesn't go 10 pages I'm quitting BF.
rjones28 is offline  
Likes For rjones28:
Old 03-22-21, 06:38 AM
  #10361  
Senior Member
 
abshipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 4,181

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Liked 3,752 Times in 1,272 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01
I did that with my Camaro, totally backfired! 1st guy bought it ,didn't even haggle with me, not that it would have done any good. Left me thinking I screwed myself.
I priced it at the very top end of the used price spectrum - if someone buys it at the price I have listed I'll be surprised. Who knows with the latest round of stimulus checks though.

Most of the time I price things way too low to get them out of my house quickly, then realize I could have used them a few months later and kick myself for how much replacing it will cost
abshipp is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 06:42 AM
  #10362  
Mostly Harmless
 
rjones28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: At Large
Posts: 56,756

Bikes: Have two wheels

Liked 4,649 Times in 2,550 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
Heated stroopwafels with pecan halves on top for desert.
Cinnamon roll.
__________________
Originally Posted by patentcad
If this thread doesn't go 10 pages I'm quitting BF.
rjones28 is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 06:48 AM
  #10363  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 33,124

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Liked 6,847 Times in 3,566 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
These days, if we are cooking for just the two of us, one cooks and the other cleans and we rotate the cooking.
Same here. Although she often complains about the limited imaginativeness of my menu, I have to remind her that I do not share her passion for watching all the iron chef tv shows.
__________________
See, this is why we can't have nice things. - - smarkinson
Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
BillyD is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 06:51 AM
  #10364  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,354

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Liked 5,304 Times in 2,266 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
I priced it at the very top end of the used price spectrum - if someone buys it at the price I have listed I'll be surprised. Who knows with the latest round of stimulus checks though.

Most of the time I price things way too low to get them out of my house quickly, then realize I could have used them a few months later and kick myself for how much replacing it will cost
It took me so long to sell the 5 string and eden amp, but now I’m wondering if I got ripped off. He offered 100 less than I was asking and I took it. Not sure if what I was asking to begin with was too little or too much. Oh well.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 06:57 AM
  #10365  
Senior Member
 
WhyFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 39,520

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
It took me so long to sell the 5 string and eden amp, but now I’m wondering if I got ripped off. He offered 100 less than I was asking and I took it. Not sure if what I was asking to begin with was too little or too much. Oh well.
If it was listed for a while, you likely did the right thing for your market. Stuff like that (bigger/heavy with a niche market) is a pain in the ass, sometimes. You might get a much better price if you list it to a wider audience, but, with something like ebay, you then have to contend with shipping, shipping costs, listing costs, Paypal fees, etc - that **** adds up quick. And then there's still the chance that it comes back to bite you in the ass because of unscrupulous buyers and Paypal's bias towards buyers.

Yeah, no - I'll take a little less and wash my hands of it, thankyouverymuch.
WhyFi is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 07:07 AM
  #10366  
Senior Member
 
abshipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 4,181

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Liked 3,752 Times in 1,272 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
It took me so long to sell the 5 string and eden amp, but now I’m wondering if I got ripped off. He offered 100 less than I was asking and I took it. Not sure if what I was asking to begin with was too little or too much. Oh well.
Were you firm on selling them as a set? That could have contributed to it. I know Eden is pretty well known but Spector basses aren't the most common in my experience. The combo might have been catering to a much more specific audience than you thought.

I'm trying to sell mine as a set since I modified the original cabinet wiring by taking out the passive crossover and turning it into a bi-amp only cab (if you want to use the tweeter, at least). I am sad that I never got to play it live, the GK head is a monster and 2x12 is my favorite cabinet configuration.
abshipp is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 07:07 AM
  #10367  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,354

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Liked 5,304 Times in 2,266 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
If it was listed for a while, you likely did the right thing for your market. Stuff like that (bigger/heavy with a niche market) is a pain in the ass, sometimes. You might get a much better price if you list it to a wider audience, but, with something like ebay, you then have to contend with shipping, shipping costs, listing costs, Paypal fees, etc - that **** adds up quick. And then there's still the chance that it comes back to bite you in the ass because of unscrupulous buyers and Paypal's bias towards buyers.

Yeah, no - I'll take a little less and wash my hands of it, thankyouverymuch.
Right. I could never be a sales person. I have no logic when it comes to making a profit off of things I own. Plus I am too honest, and I have no patience.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 07:14 AM
  #10368  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 11,354

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Liked 5,304 Times in 2,266 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
Were you firm on selling them as a set? That could have contributed to it. I know Eden is pretty well known but Spector basses aren't the most common in my experience. The combo might have been catering to a much more specific audience than you thought.

I'm trying to sell mine as a set since I modified the original cabinet wiring by taking out the passive crossover and turning it into a bi-amp only cab (if you want to use the tweeter, at least). I am sad that I never got to play it live, the GK head is a monster and 2x12 is my favorite cabinet configuration.
I tried selling just the bass first. That sat on craigslist and face book market place for about a year. Then I decided to sell the amp. I would only sell them together just because seperated I felt I would get less than I wanted. The amp they don’t make anymore but it was super nice. Sounded way better than my old Ampeg SVT.



bampilot06 is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 07:17 AM
  #10369  
Mostly Harmless
 
rjones28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: At Large
Posts: 56,756

Bikes: Have two wheels

Liked 4,649 Times in 2,550 Posts
Those trotters.

RIP ​​​​coasting
__________________
Originally Posted by patentcad
If this thread doesn't go 10 pages I'm quitting BF.
rjones28 is offline  
Likes For rjones28:
Old 03-22-21, 07:20 AM
  #10370  
Senior Member
 
abshipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 4,181

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Liked 3,752 Times in 1,272 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
I tried selling just the bass first. That sat on craigslist and face book market place for about a year. Then I decided to sell the amp. I would only sell them together just because seperated I felt I would get less than I wanted. The amp they don’t make anymore but it was super nice. Sounded way better than my old Ampeg SVT.
Interesting that you say you prefer the tone of the Eden more than an SVT, I went the opposite way. The GK is a much more modern tone than I really like and my "bass amp" now is a Tech21 VTBass pedal which emulates the SVT
abshipp is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 07:26 AM
  #10371  
Fat n slow
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Saratoga, NY
Posts: 4,316

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Liked 2,100 Times in 983 Posts
Originally Posted by rjones28
Full disclosure, I don't really follow SU sports. I mainly know that something is going on with them by the presence of Orange flags on peoples houses.
Fair weathers. Full disclosure - I haven't watched a game all season.

Originally Posted by Mojo31
Crabon bars on. Tape tomorrow eve.

I want some crabon bars for the R3, but am also considering selling for a Caledonia. It's tough....
phrantic09 is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 07:27 AM
  #10372  
LAJ
So it is
 
LAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 21,500

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Liked 4,918 Times in 2,841 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01
Why no bueno?
The piece of wood he has in there is addressing the issue I had. Too flimsy. I suppose I could have made braces and all kinds of engineered angles, but instead I went to Performance and bought some.
LAJ is offline  
Old 03-22-21, 07:29 AM
  #10373  
LAJ
So it is
 
LAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 21,500

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Liked 4,918 Times in 2,841 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01
Got about 1/3 of the storage unit filled. Plenty of stuff to go next weekend and during the week too. Made a pretty good dent in things.
Going to have to get a 10 yard dumpster for construction debris. There's plenty of that. There is going to be a purge.
The garage is frightening.
Your neighbors will help you fill it. You won't even have to ask them.
LAJ is offline  
Likes For LAJ:
Old 03-22-21, 07:33 AM
  #10374  
Senior Member
 
WhyFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 39,520

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Yup, just found my new "deal with it" gif -

WhyFi is offline  
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 03-22-21, 07:38 AM
  #10375  
LAJ
So it is
 
LAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 21,500

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Liked 4,918 Times in 2,841 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
Same here. Although she often complains about the limited imaginativeness of my menu, I have to remind her that I do not share her passion for watching all the iron chef tv shows.
I watch the hell out of the cooking channels, especially the baking ones. Since I did that for a bit, I may try and duplicate what sounds good to me.
LAJ is offline  
Likes For LAJ:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.