Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Addiction 2023.1

Notices
Road Cycling ďIt is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.Ē -- Ernest Hemingway

Addiction 2023.1

Old 02-01-23, 02:31 PM
  #4051  
seedsbelize2 
Used to be Seedsbelize
 
seedsbelize2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Tixkokob, YucatŠn. Mťxico
Posts: 3,738

Bikes: , 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 643 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
Think of the dating opportunities.
And beware of STDs
__________________
No complaints
Laces OUT, DAN!
seedsbelize2 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 02:34 PM
  #4052  
seedsbelize2 
Used to be Seedsbelize
 
seedsbelize2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Tixkokob, YucatŠn. Mťxico
Posts: 3,738

Bikes: , 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 643 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
Yep, the weekend will get down to the sub-zero digits.
We have a cold front coming in on the weekend. Don't know about temps. Prolly in the 50s at night; 70s during the day
__________________
No complaints
Laces OUT, DAN!
seedsbelize2 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 02:42 PM
  #4053  
seedsbelize2 
Used to be Seedsbelize
 
seedsbelize2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Tixkokob, YucatŠn. Mťxico
Posts: 3,738

Bikes: , 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 643 Posts
Originally Posted by DougRNS
I'm a one woman man, and that woman is Mrs. RNS. After all, she deserves the best.
But have you always been? Any playing around in your ute?
__________________
No complaints
Laces OUT, DAN!
seedsbelize2 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 02:52 PM
  #4054  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7586 Post(s)
Liked 4,831 Times in 2,656 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol
If I had had a passport, my mom would have wanted me to have driven her up there. #BulletDodged
No Passport???

You need to get out more!
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 03:01 PM
  #4055  
LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc
 
LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The hot spot.
Posts: 41,803

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10642 Post(s)
Liked 5,674 Times in 2,951 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
No Passport???

You need to get out more!
Mine expires next year, but I haven't used it for travel in several years. I need to get out more for sure!
LesterOfPuppets is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 03:03 PM
  #4056  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 8,426

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7609 Post(s)
Liked 3,593 Times in 1,542 Posts
Need to vent for a minute.


I had a package that was supposed to arrive today via fed ex for work. Something that requires a signature. I have been receiving text messages constantly from fed ex constantly assuring me it was going to be delivered today between 8 am and 8 pm. I think that is bull ****, held hostage for 12 hours but it is what it is. At 3 pm I get an update, itís going to be delivered at 150pm TODAY. Well that would have been fantastic but since itís already 3 that canít be right.

I go on to the website. Says it will be delivered at 1:50 pm today 2/01/2023 and or by 8 pm TODAY.

Here is the kicker, itís still in mother freaking Memphis Tennessee due to WX. So it wonít be coming today. But the website says it will still.


I call customer service, of course get someone I can barely understand. He confirms itís not arriving today. I reply that this is bull ****. I have been receiving text messages for two days, TWO DAYs that this package is coming and was coming and so on. You canít send me a text message to tell me that itís not coming. So I have been stuck in my house all day waiting for this package that is not coming, when your stupid site says it is coming, and now I have to do all of this again tomorrow?


His response, Since it was a scheduled delivery, they do not have an alert system to notify the customer because scheduled deliveries are not supposed to get delayed. WTF. They must have the same operating software as South West.


Why am I so upset you ask? My parents never ask me for anything, they asked me to help them with something that they canít lift. I was going to go today, but didnít go becuase of this ****. Now, itís too late, in the day for me to go, and I have to put up with this **** again tomorrow.


Also, A ******g Cloud was in the sky today! IN THE SKY.






End rant.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 03:10 PM
  #4057  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 8,426

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7609 Post(s)
Liked 3,593 Times in 1,542 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize2
And beware of STDs

Standard tax deductions?
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 03:10 PM
  #4058  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 8,426

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7609 Post(s)
Liked 3,593 Times in 1,542 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
By the way, I had eggs this morning. Three to be precise. Now we are out of eggs.

You are a monster!
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 03:12 PM
  #4059  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 8,426

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7609 Post(s)
Liked 3,593 Times in 1,542 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
No, itís only at 500ish feet of elevation. Watertown sits in this little bowl in the black river valley that makes it and the surrounding areas exceptionally cold sometimes. A town 30 miles south will have a low temp about 15 degrees higher this weekend. It makes no sense. I always hated it as a kid.

There was one March where it was 25 one day as a low, -30 the next, 35 As a high the next day and then a high of 70 the day following that. 100 degree swing in 2 daysÖ

Spent Christmas there one day, most depressing looking mall I have ever seen.

Nope, take that back. Irving was the most depressing mall I have ever seen.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 03:21 PM
  #4060  
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life
 
Velo Vol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 48,207

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 773 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25444 Post(s)
Liked 1,440 Times in 1,013 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06

Here is the kicker, itís still in mother freaking Memphis Tennessee due to WX. So it wonít be coming today. But the website says it will still.
No idea why they sending the notifications they are, but there's ice in Memphis.

__________________
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
People here don't get it.
Velo Vol is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 04:09 PM
  #4061  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 8,426

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7609 Post(s)
Liked 3,593 Times in 1,542 Posts
slow day, everyone must be trying to figure out where their fed ex packages are.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 04:43 PM
  #4062  
seedsbelize2 
Used to be Seedsbelize
 
seedsbelize2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Tixkokob, YucatŠn. Mťxico
Posts: 3,738

Bikes: , 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 643 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Need to vent for a minute.


I had a package that was supposed to arrive today via fed ex for work. Something that requires a signature. I have been receiving text messages constantly from fed ex constantly assuring me it was going to be delivered today between 8 am and 8 pm. I think that is bull ****, held hostage for 12 hours but it is what it is. At 3 pm I get an update, itís going to be delivered at 150pm TODAY. Well that would have been fantastic but since itís already 3 that canít be right.

I go on to the website. Says it will be delivered at 1:50 pm today 2/01/2023 and or by 8 pm TODAY.

Here is the kicker, itís still in mother freaking Memphis Tennessee due to WX. So it wonít be coming today. But the website says it will still.


I call customer service, of course get someone I can barely understand. He confirms itís not arriving today. I reply that this is bull ****. I have been receiving text messages for two days, TWO DAYs that this package is coming and was coming and so on. You canít send me a text message to tell me that itís not coming. So I have been stuck in my house all day waiting for this package that is not coming, when your stupid site says it is coming, and now I have to do all of this again tomorrow?


His response, Since it was a scheduled delivery, they do not have an alert system to notify the customer because scheduled deliveries are not supposed to get delayed. WTF. They must have the same operating software as South West.


Why am I so upset you ask? My parents never ask me for anything, they asked me to help them with something that they canít lift. I was going to go today, but didnít go becuase of this ****. Now, itís too late, in the day for me to go, and I have to put up with this **** again tomorrow.


Also, A ******g Cloud was in the sky today! IN THE SKY.






End rant.
FedEx gonna be FedEx. They have no business being in the delivery game
__________________
No complaints
Laces OUT, DAN!
seedsbelize2 is offline  
Likes For seedsbelize2:
Old 02-01-23, 04:59 PM
  #4063  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7586 Post(s)
Liked 4,831 Times in 2,656 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
Mine expires next year, but I haven't used it for travel in several years. I need to get out more for sure!

My kids have had Passports since they were 3 and 5. Much more worldly than ole VV.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:03 PM
  #4064  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7586 Post(s)
Liked 4,831 Times in 2,656 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Need to vent for a minute.


I had a package that was supposed to arrive today via fed ex for work. Something that requires a signature. I have been receiving text messages constantly from fed ex constantly assuring me it was going to be delivered today between 8 am and 8 pm. I think that is bull ****, held hostage for 12 hours but it is what it is. At 3 pm I get an update, itís going to be delivered at 150pm TODAY. Well that would have been fantastic but since itís already 3 that canít be right.

I go on to the website. Says it will be delivered at 1:50 pm today 2/01/2023 and or by 8 pm TODAY.

Here is the kicker, itís still in mother freaking Memphis Tennessee due to WX. So it wonít be coming today. But the website says it will still.


I call customer service, of course get someone I can barely understand. He confirms itís not arriving today. I reply that this is bull ****. I have been receiving text messages for two days, TWO DAYs that this package is coming and was coming and so on. You canít send me a text message to tell me that itís not coming. So I have been stuck in my house all day waiting for this package that is not coming, when your stupid site says it is coming, and now I have to do all of this again tomorrow?


His response, Since it was a scheduled delivery, they do not have an alert system to notify the customer because scheduled deliveries are not supposed to get delayed. WTF. They must have the same operating software as South West.


Why am I so upset you ask? My parents never ask me for anything, they asked me to help them with something that they canít lift. I was going to go today, but didnít go becuase of this ****. Now, itís too late, in the day for me to go, and I have to put up with this **** again tomorrow.


Also, A ******g Cloud was in the sky today! IN THE SKY.






End rant.
One word - lemonade.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:06 PM
  #4065  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7586 Post(s)
Liked 4,831 Times in 2,656 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Spent Christmas there one day, most depressing looking mall I have ever seen.

Nope, take that back. Irving was the most depressing mall I have ever seen.
Irving, Texas? Why would you go to the mall there without asking me first. You have the best resource for shopping in the area available to you, but you go to the mall in Irving? SMH/WTF

There are worse in the area by the way. The malls are rapidly declining. With the exception of possibly 2 malls in all of DFW, we don't go to the malls.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:08 PM
  #4066  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7586 Post(s)
Liked 4,831 Times in 2,656 Posts
Daughter in Austin has Covid, lost power at 8:00 am (still out), and had a large tree limb full of ice fall on her roof.

Bam thinks his day sucked.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:08 PM
  #4067  
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life
 
Velo Vol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 48,207

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 773 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25444 Post(s)
Liked 1,440 Times in 1,013 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize2
FedEx gonna be FedEx. They have no business being in the delivery game
You a DHL man?
__________________
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
People here don't get it.
Velo Vol is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:19 PM
  #4068  
rjones28 
Mostly Harmless
 
rjones28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chittenango, NY
Posts: 54,796

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12373 Post(s)
Liked 3,557 Times in 2,019 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol
No.
Show your work.
__________________
Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
If this thread doesn't go 10 pages I'm quitting BF.
rjones28 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:21 PM
  #4069  
rjones28 
Mostly Harmless
 
rjones28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chittenango, NY
Posts: 54,796

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12373 Post(s)
Liked 3,557 Times in 2,019 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
Oddly no water there.

My parents are just across the river. Will they survive to see me again?


wut
__________________
Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
If this thread doesn't go 10 pages I'm quitting BF.
rjones28 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:27 PM
  #4070  
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life
 
Velo Vol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 48,207

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 773 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25444 Post(s)
Liked 1,440 Times in 1,013 Posts
Originally Posted by rjones28
wut
It's miles from the water. See map.
__________________
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
People here don't get it.
Velo Vol is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:31 PM
  #4071  
Eric F 
Habitual User
 
Eric F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Altadena, CA
Posts: 5,581

Bikes: 2019 Trek Procliber 9.9 SL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2017 Bear Big Rock 1, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3427 Post(s)
Liked 5,487 Times in 2,597 Posts
My older daughter and my 2mo-old grandson stopped by by office this afternoon. That was a nice emotional boost for the day. The boy and I talked about bicycles and baseball. His momma and I talked about pooping and napping.
__________________
"Swedish fish. They're protein shaped." - livedarklions
Eric F is offline  
Likes For Eric F:
Old 02-01-23, 05:31 PM
  #4072  
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life
 
Velo Vol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 48,207

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 773 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25444 Post(s)
Liked 1,440 Times in 1,013 Posts
Can't beat a good slowmo crash.

__________________
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
People here don't get it.
Velo Vol is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:34 PM
  #4073  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 8,426

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7609 Post(s)
Liked 3,593 Times in 1,542 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Daughter in Austin has Covid, lost power at 8:00 am (still out), and had a large tree limb full of ice fall on her roof.

Bam thinks his day sucked.

Did she have a cloud in the sky!?
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:35 PM
  #4074  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 8,426

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7609 Post(s)
Liked 3,593 Times in 1,542 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Irving, Texas? Why would you go to the mall there without asking me first. You have the best resource for shopping in the area available to you, but you go to the mall in Irving? SMH/WTF

There are worse in the area by the way. The malls are rapidly declining. With the exception of possibly 2 malls in all of DFW, we don't go to the malls.

It was when I was there the first time. I didnít have a car, and went for a walk. The gym at the mall looked decent, but the rest of the mall was super sketchy.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 02-01-23, 05:39 PM
  #4075  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 8,426

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7609 Post(s)
Liked 3,593 Times in 1,542 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post

Looked like the bus driver was going to keep going like a boss. I like his due diligence in maintaining his bus schedule. His passengers I am sure are very appreciactive.
bampilot06 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.