Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Lance may go for #8 now. . .thank the French!

Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Lance may go for #8 now. . .thank the French!

Old 08-26-05, 05:40 AM
  #51  
roadwarrior
Senior Member
 
roadwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Someplace trying to figure it out
Posts: 10,638

Bikes: Cannondale EVO, CAAD9, Giant cross bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggus
This is coming from the French...no one actually cares.
Somebody must...there's about 15 pages in the General Forum on this very topic...
roadwarrior is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 05:53 AM
  #52  
FXjohn
Senior Member
 
FXjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 12,953
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ben Cousins
Yeah! he cheated, but they can't get him because of the lack of A samples! Lance won! Hooray!

Do you even understand why you have an opinion about this?
There were 11 samples and EPO stays in your bloodstream.
Lance has been tested more than any other athlete.
Don't you even take this with a slight grain of salt, given that the French can't stand how well he's done?
__________________
Comedian Bill Hicks once said, "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a jet ski, and you never see an unhappy person riding a jet ski."
FXjohn is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 08:17 AM
  #53  
H20.1
Senior Member
 
H20.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Washington, DC/ Köln, Germany
Posts: 584

Bikes: Bianchi, Olmo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by craign04
they tested all the b samples from the 99 tour and this was all done a year ago, there were only numbers associated with the samples as given to the testers, 12 of the samples came back positive for EPO, 6 of them belonged to lance. all the conspiracy theorist b.s. is getting to be a little much, this test for EPO didnt exist until 2001, therefore it is prolly true that he was using some substance that wouldnt be dectected prior to that time based on the results of these tests. All the members of the yellow bracelet army need to come to the realization that a large portion of cyclists dope, and its not just the lowly domestiques that are trying to move their way up the ladder, hamilton got caught, so did miller, now it looks like their golden boy lance did to. I cant say he did or he didnt I have never seen him stick a needle in his arm, but I also dont know for sure that he never has, and the same goes for the rest of you, none of you really know, you just dont want to admit to the fact that maybe he was doping, and was smart enough to be ahead of the tests. Oh and no I am not french, just realistic.
One of the few logical posts in this thread ^
H20.1 is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 10:27 AM
  #54  
turkdc
Senior Member
 
turkdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North of Detroit
Posts: 91

Bikes: Giant NRS2, C'dale R600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Personally I don't really care if Lance used "performance enhancing" drugs. I would be willing to bet that EVERYBODY riding in the Tour was using some type chemical assistance. Lance is just a really good rider with a good team. Screw the french and their stupid rules...
turkdc is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 10:30 AM
  #55  
Newb93bas
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think lance went on that ride with GW to sway him to go to war against France now too...thats a war we can definately win
Newb93bas is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 10:49 AM
  #56  
dahvaio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 498

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.9 SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by H20.1
One of the few logical posts in this thread ^

Unfortunately, his post was not LOGICAL because EPO testing was developed in 2000 not 2001. It was first used officially during the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Furthermore, if the testing was not developed until 2001, I'm pretty sure if Lance was using EPO, he would have used it during the 2000 Tour and they should have tested those samples.

What is completely BS about this issue is that the LAB has vehemenently denied being able to trace the owner of the samples.

"The lab report doesn't name Armstrong but shows the results of tests on anonymous urine samples. While the French newspaper said it was able to match Armstrong to the positive samples, Pound said the lab and WADA officials cannot do that."

It was the FRENCH newspaper who was able to match the ANONYMOUS Samples with Lance... I guess the newspaper did one thing right... PRINT misleading headlines to sell more papers...
dahvaio is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 10:59 AM
  #57  
biker7
Senior Member
 
biker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by craign04
they tested all the b samples from the 99 tour and this was all done a year ago, there were only numbers associated with the samples as given to the testers, 12 of the samples came back positive for EPO, 6 of them belonged to lance. all the conspiracy theorist b.s. is getting to be a little much, this test for EPO didnt exist until 2001, therefore it is prolly true that he was using some substance that wouldnt be dectected prior to that time based on the results of these tests. All the members of the yellow bracelet army need to come to the realization that a large portion of cyclists dope, and its not just the lowly domestiques that are trying to move their way up the ladder, hamilton got caught, so did miller, now it looks like their golden boy lance did to. I cant say he did or he didnt I have never seen him stick a needle in his arm, but I also dont know for sure that he never has, and the same goes for the rest of you, none of you really know, you just dont want to admit to the fact that maybe he was doping, and was smart enough to be ahead of the tests. Oh and no I am not french, just realistic.
Craig...have to ask...you say the EPO test didn't exist until 2001? How many times has Lance been tested for EPO since 2001? How many TDF's has Lance won since 2001? Do you think that Lance was "doping" this year when he was singled out and tested on the spot and went on to blow away the field? I agree it is impossilble to prove whether Lance doped or not in the past but all testing along the way suggest he never did. For a long period of time he was clearly under the microscope for what some consider a super human effort to accomplish what he has in later years and they haven't been able to pin anything on him in spite of all their effort. I just add you to the list of those that prove someone guilty of something without evidence...which is much worse that believing someone can achieve success on pure talent and hard work. I agree there is or was a lot of doping in cycling and BTW in every sport...abounds in track & field...baseball...football...its a long list. But not all the greats of all time cheated. Why did Lance train so hard?...because he knew that is all he had to do. He has been tested and his physical prowess is legend....the size of his engine...his lungs ability to oxygenate and his muscles ability to recover are ALL in the less than 1% of the human race. Statistically the probability of having that genetic gift is beyond comprehension...and he knew it and was reinforced everytime he raced and won. Lance was tested in the OTHER labs for his genetic gifts which confirmed it. He knew he had the talent and didn't have to dope.
George
biker7 is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 11:08 AM
  #58  
H20.1
Senior Member
 
H20.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Washington, DC/ Köln, Germany
Posts: 584

Bikes: Bianchi, Olmo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dahvaio
Unfortunately, his post was not LOGICAL because EPO testing was developed in 2000 not 2001. It was first used officially during the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Furthermore, if the testing was not developed until 2001, I'm pretty sure if Lance was using EPO, he would have used it during the 2000 Tour and they should have tested those samples.

What is completely BS about this issue is that the LAB has vehemenently denied being able to trace the owner of the samples.

"The lab report doesn't name Armstrong but shows the results of tests on anonymous urine samples. While the French newspaper said it was able to match Armstrong to the positive samples, Pound said the lab and WADA officials cannot do that."

It was the FRENCH newspaper who was able to match the ANONYMOUS Samples with Lance... I guess the newspaper did one thing right... PRINT misleading headlines to sell more papers...
Wrong.

The governing body of world cycling did not begin using a urine test for EPO until 2001, though it was banned in 1990.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/24/Sp...er_fire_.shtml
H20.1 is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 11:12 AM
  #59  
H20.1
Senior Member
 
H20.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Washington, DC/ Köln, Germany
Posts: 584

Bikes: Bianchi, Olmo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biker7
Craig...have to ask...you say the EPO test didn't exist until 2001? How many times has Lance been tested for EPO since 2001? How many TDF's has Lance won since 2001? Do you think that Lance was "doping" this year when he was singled out and tested on the spot and went on to blow away the field? I agree it is impossilble to prove whether Lance doped or not in the past but all testing along the way suggest he never did. For a long period of time he was clearly under the microscope for what some consider a super human effort to accomplish what he has in later years and they haven't been able to pin anything on him in spite of all their effort. I just add you to the list of those that prove someone guilty of something without evidence...which is much worse that believing someone can achieve success on pure talent and hard work. I agree there is or was a lot of doping in cycling and BTW in every sport...abounds in track & field...baseball...football...its a long list. But not all the greats of all time cheated. Why did Lance train so hard?...because he knew that is all he had to do. He has been tested and his physical prowess is legend....the size of his engine...his lungs ability to oxygenate and his muscles ability to recover are ALL in the less than 1% of the human race. Statistically the probability of having that genetic gift is beyond comprehension...and he knew it and was reinforced everytime he raced and won. Lance was tested in the OTHER labs for his genetic gifts which confirmed it. He knew he had the talent and didn't have to dope.
George
How many times have ANY cyclists in the Peloton been tested for EPO and passed? Hundreds? How many times did Cipollini, Pantani, Hamilton and other pass drug tests before being nicked? If you were LA and doping, how careful would you be? Unreal. Just in case you didnt know, there are also doctors whove written reports that Armstrong is anything but a genentic freak and just trains harder than anyone else, so I guess we all have our opinions. One thing is for sure though, test results are positive here and its not the first time weve seen it happen in cycling. We'll have to see how it plays out.
H20.1 is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 11:24 AM
  #60  
biker7
Senior Member
 
biker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by H20.1
How many times have ANY cyclists in the Peloton been tested for EPO and passed? Hundreds? How many times did Cipollini, Pantani, Hamilton and other pass drug tests before being nicked? If you were LA and doping, how careful would you be? Unreal. Just in case you didnt know, there are also doctors whove written reports that Armstrong is anything but a genentic freak and just trains harder than anyone else, so I guess we all have our opinions. One thing is for sure though, test results are positive here and its not the first time weve seen it happen in cycling. We'll have to see how it plays out.
No test results aren't positive because they are not valid. The only thing for sure is something you can't accept. Lance Armstrong has won 7 TDF's which nobody else in history has accomplished...even all the guys you mentioned that doped. LA has never tested positive for illegal drug use and you can't accept that he did it on his genetic makeup...the same DNA that preordained his bout with cancer which further forged his unmatchable work ethic to survive and win.
George

Last edited by biker7; 08-26-05 at 11:31 AM.
biker7 is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 11:40 AM
  #61  
dahvaio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 498

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.9 SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by H20.1
Wrong.

The governing body of world cycling did not begin using a urine test for EPO until 2001, though it was banned in 1990.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/24/Sp...er_fire_.shtml

Just because the GOVERNING BODY OF WORLD CYCLING is behind the curve does not mean that EPO testing was developed and used in 2001... It was officially used in the 2000 Olympics in Sydney Australia...

Your facts are correct because you are limiting the factors to Cycling; however, the post that you stated was "logical" did not mention anything about EPO testing JUST within cycling but that EPO testing was developed in 2001.

Originally stated by CRAIGN04
"this test for EPO didnt exist until 2001, therefore it is prolly true that he was using some substance that wouldnt be dectected prior to that time based on the results of these tests"

It even says in the Cycling news that EPO testing was introduced at the 2000 Olympics...
http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/2...drugaug2.shtml

Trust me... YOUR INCORRECT with your logical statement... Of course you can misconstrue the facts... like the FRENCH...but it doesn't mean it is correct...
dahvaio is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 11:49 AM
  #62  
Urban Shooter
Senior Member
 
Urban Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 608

Bikes: 2006 Gary Fisher Opie, 1980's Fuji Grand SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dog hair
a real superhero would take some coaxing, but he'd eventually come out and fight. too bad lance isn't real.
He is smart, too much cash to lose from endorsements if he lost. He is quite content to grow fat and lazy, but he needs to dump Sheryl soon, she is looking pretty tore up these day, not that Lance is any better looking.
Urban Shooter is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 12:23 PM
  #63  
H20.1
Senior Member
 
H20.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Washington, DC/ Köln, Germany
Posts: 584

Bikes: Bianchi, Olmo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dahvaio
Just because the GOVERNING BODY OF WORLD CYCLING is behind the curve does not mean that EPO testing was developed and used in 2001... It was officially used in the 2000 Olympics in Sydney Australia...

Your facts are correct because you are limiting the factors to Cycling; however, the post that you stated was "logical" did not mention anything about EPO testing JUST within cycling but that EPO testing was developed in 2001.

Originally stated by CRAIGN04
"this test for EPO didnt exist until 2001, therefore it is prolly true that he was using some substance that wouldnt be dectected prior to that time based on the results of these tests"

It even says in the Cycling news that EPO testing was introduced at the 2000 Olympics...
http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/2...drugaug2.shtml

Trust me... YOUR INCORRECT with your logical statement... Of course you can misconstrue the facts... like the FRENCH...but it doesn't mean it is correct...
Of course Im limiting it to cycling. We are talking about CYCLING.
H20.1 is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 12:30 PM
  #64  
H20.1
Senior Member
 
H20.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Washington, DC/ Köln, Germany
Posts: 584

Bikes: Bianchi, Olmo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biker7
No test results aren't positive because they are not valid. The only thing for sure is something you can't accept. Lance Armstrong has won 7 TDF's which nobody else in history has accomplished...even all the guys you mentioned that doped. LA has never tested positive for illegal drug use and you can't accept that he did it on his genetic makeup...the same DNA that preordained his bout with cancer which further forged his unmatchable work ethic to survive and win.
George
The guys that I mentioned who were doping had nothing to do with Lance's tour victories.

The point is simple George, they doped, and werent caught for many years. You believe in Lance and his "miracles" I don't.
H20.1 is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 01:00 PM
  #65  
Newb93bas
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question to all of you who think you know what your talking about...what does EPO stand for?
Newb93bas is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 01:07 PM
  #66  
dahvaio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 498

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.9 SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
EPO Erythropoietin (endurance drug)
EPO Earthnet Programme Office
EPO Eastern Philharmonic Orchestra
EPO Education and Public Outreach (office)
EPO Education Programs Office
EPO Electronic Philharmonic Orchestra
EPO Elliniki Podosfairiki Omospondia (Greek Football Federation)
EPO Emergency Power Off
EPO Emergency Preparedness Office
EPO Employee Process Outsourcing
EPO End-Point-Object
EPO Engine Propeller Order
EPO Enterprise Profit Optimization (Manugistics Group, Inc.)
EPO EOS Project Office
EPO Epidemiology Program Office (US CDC)
EPO Erie Philharmonic Orchestra
EPO Error Performance Objectives
EPO Esperanto (ISO Language Code)
EPO Estuarine Programs Office
EPO Etobicoke Philharmonic Orchestra
EPO European Patent Office
EPO European Philharmonic Orchestra
EPO Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra
EPO Evening Primrose Oil
EPO Examination Procedure Outline
EPO Exclusive Provider Organization
ePO Epolicy Orchestrator
dahvaio is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 01:14 PM
  #67  
biker7
Senior Member
 
biker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by H20.1
The guys that I mentioned who were doping had nothing to do with Lance's tour victories.

The point is simple George, they doped, and werent caught for many years. You believe in Lance and his "miracles" I don't.
H2O...curious if you believe in Lance's miracle this year? Want to confirm how convoluted your thinking is. You think Lance doped this year when he blew away the field at the TDF?
How about last year?...or the year before that?...and the year before that?
I bet you are a big conspiracy theorist as well..lol.
George
biker7 is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 02:54 PM
  #68  
Laggard
Lance Hater
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biker7
There will never be another tour rider that will accomplish what he did.
Sure there will.
Laggard is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 05:37 PM
  #69  
GeorgeK
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bécane
Commentaire intéressant. Mais très certainement de la part de quelqu'un manquant d'objectivité.

Ah, j'oubliais ... je manque d'objectivité. Désolé.
Of course this comment is not objective, since it is the expression of an opinion.
Ceci dit les commentateurs cyclistes français sont des graves hypocrites. Dans le verbe ils condamnent le dopage avec sévérité, mais encensent ce tricheur de Virenque comme si il n'avait jamais rien fait. Ses plus grandes victoires ont été obtenues alors qu'il était chargé comme un 35 tonnes...
GeorgeK is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 07:14 PM
  #70  
biker7
Senior Member
 
biker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Il n'y a aucune perte d'amour entre le Français et le Lance Armstrong. Le Lance a énoncé en tant que tels. Les Français n'aiment pas des Américains, et le Lance est un Américain et ils feront n'importe quoi le critiquer. Ils la prennent personnellement qu'un Américain a placé un disque pour des victoires consécutives d'excursion. Pas un concept difficile.
The other George
biker7 is offline  
Old 08-26-05, 07:19 PM
  #71  
biker7
Senior Member
 
biker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Laggard
Sure there will.
If you extrapolate from the history of the tour...not in our life time.
George
biker7 is offline  
Old 08-27-05, 10:01 PM
  #72  
luker
juneeaa memba!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: boogled up in...Idaho!
Posts: 5,632

Bikes: Crap. The box is not big enough...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biker7
Il n'y a aucune perte d'amour entre le Français et le Lance Armstrong. Le Lance a énoncé en tant que tels. Les Français n'aiment pas des Américains, et le Lance est un Américain et ils feront n'importe quoi le critiquer. Ils la prennent personnellement qu'un Américain a placé un disque pour des victoires consécutives d'excursion. Pas un concept difficile.
The other George
no - not a difficult concept, and unfortunately too true in too many places. French and Americans go back a long ways, though. Some of us are even maybe a little French blood. But you guys are gonna wear out BabbleFish if you keep posting in French!
luker is offline  
Old 08-28-05, 05:54 AM
  #73  
biker7
Senior Member
 
biker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cable and local news has carried this whole debacle in varying degrees. To the credit of the French, if you believe the latest news spin, the French also are refuting what was written about Lance's so-called tested B samples and suggest to leave the guy alone.
George
biker7 is offline  
Old 08-28-05, 06:09 AM
  #74  
Bécane
Positio, ergo sum!
 
Bécane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 138

Bikes: Cannondale - R5000 2005

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by luker
no - not a difficult concept, and unfortunately too true in too many places. French and Americans go back a long ways, though. Some of us are even maybe a little French blood. But you guys are gonna wear out BabbleFish if you keep posting in French!
I was about to say that. Ça m'a fait bien rire de lire ces mauvaises traductions.
Bécane is offline  
Old 08-28-05, 12:01 PM
  #75  
UTKlein
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 66

Bikes: Salsa Horsethief

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
People like Lance saved the French. People that fought against something that was much bigger than they were. People that fought for hope, people that fought for themselves, but in fighting for themselves they fought for courage, and for the guy standing next to him, and the guy behind him, and the guy at home praying for him. To fight against something that seems so hopeless, to win against something that seems so powerful. Some of you don't understand, Armstrong is more than a cyclist, he's hope, he's hope for all the people fighting cancer. And just because he won seven Tours de France and showed the French what an American is made of, doesn't mean he isn't as scared as the guy fighting cancer, the same guy that sees hope in Armstrong. Because Armstrong was where he is now. So, where do you get the nerve to tear someone’s hope apart?

I have faith in God, I have faith that there is something bigger than one man. But I have peace knowing there is hope in all of us.
UTKlein is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.