Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

17 reasons to shop your LBS

Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

17 reasons to shop your LBS

Old 04-21-06, 01:57 PM
  #1  
oilman_15106
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
17 reasons to shop your LBS

The thread about high LBS prices go me thinking. Over the past year I built 3 bikes and sources some of the stuff on ebay. I went back thru my account and this is what I got for my money.

Shimano front der. Advertised as triple seller sent double. Seller refused refund or to take back. His logic that I only paid half of retail.

Sidi shoes and Bebop pedals – item just thrown in box with no packing at all

Avid BB7 Mt. Bike brake set – Delivered set with road rotors

Connex 9x stainless chain - sent a blue non stainless chain & said could not explain where my chain went

NWT – Gore Tex jacket – 2” cut on front of jacket. Someone used a knife to open orig package.

ISIS bottom bracket – No non dive side threaded cup included – Useless part as delivered

Avid BB7 – Brake front – Seller never delivered, tried to scam mulitple customers.

Nike Triax Heart Rate monitor/Watch. - Did not work as shipped. Cost $55 to get it working thru Nike.

Profile Design Aquarack – Just thrown in bag with no packing

Like new bottom bracket – Must have been used in a coal mine. Threw it away with my money

Velo saddle – packed in a paper bag

Like new bike shorts – ripped on seat

Wheelset Used for One Ride – small omission someone else put 500 rides on them

Sora Shifters – no clamps included, missing parts. Seller says pix didn't show clamps so tough luck.

Crankset from Tiawan – lost in transit. Got eventually but waste of time.

New Bell Xray helmet – covered with some kind of glue, factory rejcet most likely

Mt. Bike fork – misrepresented color.

Bottom line is if you can't check it out before you buy it you are taking a risk that it will not be what you expect. All in all if I had taken more time I would have spent less money and alot less time. I still buy some selected stuff on ebay but use my LBS more and more. My conclusion: for every one dishonest buyer on ebay, and they are there, there are multiple dishonest sellers.
oilman_15106 is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 02:15 PM
  #2  
KevinF
Keep on climbing
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179

Bikes: 2004 Calfee Tetra Pro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You have the worst run of bad luck on Ebay that I've ever heard of. What was the feedback rating on the people you were buying all this stuff from?
KevinF is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 02:31 PM
  #3  
GuitarWizard
Used to be a climber..
 
GuitarWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 6,844

Bikes: Ridley Fenix SL, Niner RLT-9 Steel, Diamond Back Haanjo Trail, Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinF
You have the worst run of bad luck on Ebay that I've ever heard of. What was the feedback rating on the people you were buying all this stuff from?
I'll second that....

Only thing I've ever gotten that was mis-represented on eBay was a Forge Diverter Valve for my car.....ended up being some no name knock-off.
GuitarWizard is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 02:32 PM
  #4  
oilman_15106
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is sad. Most sellers had a 99+ feedback which really makes me wonder if that has any value. This list did not even include the NWT baby backpack that had one of the straps cut! Did get a refund but all the time involved costs money too. Or a CF fork that came without the box taped shut. Miracle it arrive in one peice. As you can see most of my complaints are about poor packing and lying about the description of the item. If the items were as described and packed properly, I would have a different opinion of the process.
oilman_15106 is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 02:49 PM
  #5  
KevinF
Keep on climbing
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179

Bikes: 2004 Calfee Tetra Pro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've always wondered about the Ebay stores or individuals with super-high number of feedbacks. i.e., having one or two people upset with them and leaving a negative feedback doesn't really diminish their overall percentage all that much. You'll look at their feedback, see a 99.96% rating (or some such) and think that this is pretty safe.

On the other hand, my E-bay feedback (built up over about four years now) is all of 20/20 -- i.e., no negative feedback in the 20 transactions I've had. I don't dare lie about the quality of a product I'm selling or pack it for shipping in a shoddy manner, etc. If I get one negative mark against me I'm down to 95% (i.e., 19/20) and I imagine some buyers would hesitate before placing a bid on an item I have for sale.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're interested in building up your feedback score, you have to be extra careful for a while. Once it's built up, an occassional slip in posting / shipping quality won't hurt your feedback very badly from a percentage standpoint.
KevinF is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 02:57 PM
  #6  
Sprocket Man
Prefers Aluminum
 
Sprocket Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 2,671

Bikes: Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Despite your experiences, in most cases, the LBS still isn't the best alternative. Shop online at a reputable company and your stuff will be brand new plus it will usually be less expensive than your LBS.
Sprocket Man is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 02:58 PM
  #7  
Patriot
Faith-Vigilance-Service
 
Patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 8,330

Bikes: Trinity, Paradisus, Centurion, Mongoose, Trek

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Of all the shopping I have done on Ebay, I have only run into two situations where I got an item that was not as described. I ordered some ITM Millenium bars - 40cm, and I got a 42cm. I ordered a Chorus FD CT, and got a standard. The der was properly replaced and shipping refunded.

Oh, and once Nashbar sent me a set of cheap fenders that were warped.

Other than that, I have bought almost everything I own from online with nothing but prompt service and correct packing. And I bought an aweful lot of stuff online.
__________________
President, OCP
--"Will you have some tea... at the theatre with me?"--
Patriot is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 03:34 PM
  #8  
PKG
[great custom user title]
 
PKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey, baby!
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What were the feed back scores of these sellers and what did the feedback say?

I have been using ebay for years with no problem. except one jackass who sent "NIB" Scott AT-3 bars that were heavily gouged and the endcaps were so used that they selfdestructed when I tried to put them back on. He actually tried to disprove my claims by saying he "closely looked again at the pictures of item" Oh yeah well I am closely examinig the item itself and you lied to me...

he refunded some money, but it took ihim a while
PKG is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 03:54 PM
  #9  
Downshift
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: N. Fla
Posts: 269

Bikes: 86 Schwinn Peloton (under construction)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll repeat what others have said, who the hell are you buying from? I've had 2 maybe 3 problems in 4+ years of buying stuff on eBay. And none of that was anything major. Never been ripped off, never had anything blatantly misrepresented, etc.
You probably should look a little closer at the users previous sales/feedback.
And to counter your argument of spending it better at the LBS, I just built up a nice 853 steel frame with full Campy, from eBay for around $1000 less than what the LBS quoted me to do the job. Talk about a rip off. But then again, your mileage may vary.
Downshift is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 03:56 PM
  #10  
Scrappy Dingo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 14

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Roubaix, & Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been pretty lucky with Ebay so far. But I still advocate showing your face at the LBS. I've spent my fair share of money at my LBS, and they recognize me enough to give me a break on some items. For instance, a couple weeks ago I broke a spoke on my wheel. When I brought it in they had it fixed in about 10 minutes. Usually they would have charged $25 or so to fix it, but since he recognized me, and being that it only took 10 minutes, he cut the price down to about $11.

I've also gotten sale prices for items that were not on sale, a few free extras thrown in, etc. There's also all the good advice they give me.
Scrappy Dingo is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 04:06 PM
  #11  
webist
Huachuca Rider
 
webist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,275

Bikes: Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try stopping by E-bay on a ride to get a Pepsi or use the restroom or have a chat with the mechanic or another customer.
__________________
Just Peddlin' Around
webist is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 04:09 PM
  #12  
dekalbSTEEL
Well, duh, Mr Obvious.
 
dekalbSTEEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NIU town
Posts: 2,271

Bikes: see sig, and others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PKG
What were the feed back scores of these sellers and what did the feedback say?

I have been using ebay for years with no problem. except one jackass who sent "NIB" Scott AT-3 bars that were heavily gouged and the endcaps were so used that they selfdestructed when I tried to put them back on. He actually tried to disprove my claims by saying he "closely looked again at the pictures of item" Oh yeah well I am closely examinig the item itself and you lied to me...

he refunded some money, but it took ihim a while
NIB..... NOW IN a BOX?
dekalbSTEEL is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 04:10 PM
  #13  
urbanknight
In beaurocratic limbo
 
urbanknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 22,456

Bikes: Specialized Allez, K2 Razorback

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I thought I would like this thread, but your reasons are more personal than I was hoping for. I was thinking more along the lines of the following. If you don't buy from local shops, they will go out of business and the following will happen:

1. You won't be able to test ride a bike before buying it.
2. Nowhere to go for a spare tube if you killed your last one. Off bike for 3+ days while new tubes ship.
3. Can't try on cycling clothing before you buy it.
4. Things can get lost while shipping.
5. Nobody to ask for advice on which part or part size to get.
6. No shop to take your wheels to get new spokes or truing.
7. No local mechanic to advise you on installing a product.
8. Can't try a helmet on before you buy it (some helmets look decievingly nice until they go on a head)
9. When you come to a halt because you don't have the right tool, wait another 3+ days for shipping.
10. All these shipping charges for minor purchases will be a PIA
etc.

I will admit to ordering parts from wher ever I see fit. Most of that is because the LBSs have no reason to stock many parts since most of you guys just mail order it to save $20 (then pay $14 to overnight it anyway). Do you know how hard it is to find a single solitary Campy cassette in LA county? I was willing to pay the shop's price of $96 compared to the $68 mail order price too, but then the guy says it will take 1-2 weeks to get in. Another shop only had the Record cassette in for $320. So I go with whatever is practical, but I ALWAYS check with LBS first, then go elsewhere if they are not able to find a reasonable solution.
urbanknight is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 04:15 PM
  #14  
RedFerret
Seρor Member
 
RedFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 109

Bikes: 2004 Felt SC1, 1999 Kona Yee Ha

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oilman_15106
Like new bike shorts – ripped on seat
You buy "like new" bike shorts on ebay? Honestly I think you got off lucky if the only thing wrong with them was a rip...
RedFerret is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 04:21 PM
  #15  
banerjek
Portland Fred
 
banerjek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,506

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrappy Dingo
.... I've spent my fair share of money at my LBS, and they recognize me enough to give me a break on some items.....

I've also gotten sale prices for items that were not on sale, a few free extras thrown in, etc. There's also all the good advice they give me.
I go to the LBS partly because I just like the people and I prefer to support local businesses, but mostly because I know that if I go there, I'll come out happy.

I often can get stuff cheaper at the LBS than new online (but not cheaper than ebay). Aside from the fact that I get a discount and don't have to pay shipping, I know what I'm getting is good and that they'll make it right if it isn't for some reason.

Also, they are often aware of something that meets my need that's cheaper than what I would have ordered on my own. They know what's on the market and are happy to special order things they don't stock. They tell me if they think I'm asking the wrong question or looking at the wrong product. Throw in the fact that they know my cycling/spending habits, they're really good at making sure I get exactly what I need.
banerjek is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 05:04 PM
  #16  
Hanzo
Softcore Cyclist
 
Hanzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think it's all a gamble regardless where you shop. I've been to some really bad LBS's and I've been burned online too. You just have to find something that works good for you and stick with it.
Hanzo is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 05:07 PM
  #17  
bigskymacadam
so whatcha' want?
 
bigskymacadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my order of preference
  • online vendor
  • lbs
  • ebay

lbs will take precedence if i need something right away. like today ... performance store didn't have my helmet, so i couldn't wait online ... got it at lbs but it cost more money.
__________________

Cycling Rocks! | Local Race Photos
bigskymacadam is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 05:32 PM
  #18  
Nachoman
well hello there
 
Nachoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Point Loma, CA
Posts: 14,950

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
I always prefer shoping local. Even if I have to pay a few more bucks. If I can get it cheaper local, even better.
__________________
.
.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Nachoman is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 05:41 PM
  #19  
PKG
[great custom user title]
 
PKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey, baby!
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, that or "Not Inexpensively Broken" (which of course means it is expensive and broken)
PKG is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 05:43 PM
  #20  
uga8589
swamp biker
 
uga8589's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rural South Georgia
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by banerjek
I go to the LBS partly because I just like the people and I prefer to support local businesses, but mostly because I know that if I go there, I'll come out happy.

I often can get stuff cheaper at the LBS than new online (but not cheaper than ebay). Aside from the fact that I get a discount and don't have to pay shipping, I know what I'm getting is good and that they'll make it right if it isn't for some reason.

Also, they are often aware of something that meets my need that's cheaper than what I would have ordered on my own. They know what's on the market and are happy to special order things they don't stock. They tell me if they think I'm asking the wrong question or looking at the wrong product. Throw in the fact that they know my cycling/spending habits, they're really good at making sure I get exactly what I need.

Very Well Said. I like the people in my LBS. I get great advice/help and the go out of the way to make sure that I am satisfied. Is it cheaper than ebay? No, but it is a better deal in the long run. We all work hard to make the money that we do, why put up with any crap when you spend it?
__________________
"The most difficult journey is back to the place where you failed" -Max Lucado


2006 Bianchi L'una
uga8589 is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 06:07 PM
  #21  
VeloLisa
Isaiah 40:31
 
VeloLisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 348

Bikes: 2009 Trek Madone WSD, 2005 Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel SE, 2007 Fuji Absolute SX flat-bar roadie, 2005 Dahon Boardwalk 7 folder, 2009 GT Avalanche MTB, 1996 Trek 920 (beater bike) and last but certainly not least 1974 Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like going to my LBS. As a woman cyclist, I can't tell you how often I've gone into a bike shop and have been ignored, talked down to, made to feel like an idiot when I asked questions and generally just treated rudely. The guys in the shop I go to now have always been very friendly, patient and helpful. They know me by name and will do minor adjustments on my bikes for free. I'm happy to give them my business. I've bought things online, but my LBS will usually try to match the internet price on something if I ask.
__________________
"I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood." - Susan B. Anthony 1896
VeloLisa is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 06:46 PM
  #22  
oilman_15106
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A few responses implying that I did not check out the seller feedback. Contraire. The guy that tried to scam everyone on Avid parts had 100% positive!!!!! Where do you draw the line? 99.5, 99.8. I do not think the seller feedback score tells you squat. If I would have left negative feedback on everyone of the items that were not satisfactory then the seller trashes you and your score is what? 75%? Not counting the 30% of sellers I was satisified with that were too lazy to leave any feedback. Any great suggestions?
oilman_15106 is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 07:50 PM
  #23  
crazyb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hills of Iowa
Posts: 1,248

Bikes: all diamond frames

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by banerjek
I go to the LBS partly because I just like the people and I prefer to support local businesses, but mostly because I know that if I go there, I'll come out happy.

I often can get stuff cheaper at the LBS than new online (but not cheaper than ebay). Aside from the fact that I get a discount and don't have to pay shipping, I know what I'm getting is good and that they'll make it right if it isn't for some reason.

Also, they are often aware of something that meets my need that's cheaper than what I would have ordered on my own. They know what's on the market and are happy to special order things they don't stock. They tell me if they think I'm asking the wrong question or looking at the wrong product. Throw in the fact that they know my cycling/spending habits, they're really good at making sure I get exactly what I need.
Sounds like you have a great place to do business, as do I on all of the above. I have been in retail for over 30 years, and it still amazes me that E-bay has the audacity to performance rate customers. I don't have time for the game playing that goes on.
crazyb is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 07:57 PM
  #24  
Jakey
Feed me your soul!
 
Jakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 3,018

Bikes: Torelli 20th Anniversary, Trek 2000, Kona NuNu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like to buy from a couple LBS's. I like to support local business and all that, but at the same time I will buy stuff like tires and tubes online... for half the retail price. I got my garmin edge online...for like the same cost as the lbs's....so...I'll buy from the LBS on stuff that I may need their help installing / maintaining, but other stuff I just get online..
Jakey is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 07:58 PM
  #25  
markwebb
The Recycled Cycler
 
markwebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,399

Bikes: Real Steel. Really. Ti is cool, too !

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I seriously doubt you had that many problems - I have bought literally hundreds of items on eBay (probably over 1K actually) and had only 2 bad expereinces and neither cycle related. So I have 2 out of 1000 and you have 17 or so in short order. I smell a troll.

Originally Posted by oilman_15106
The thread about high LBS prices go me thinking. Over the past year I built 3 bikes and sources some of the stuff on ebay. I went back thru my account and this is what I got for my money.

Shimano front der. Advertised as triple seller sent double. Seller refused refund or to take back. His logic that I only paid half of retail.

Sidi shoes and Bebop pedals – item just thrown in box with no packing at all

Avid BB7 Mt. Bike brake set – Delivered set with road rotors

Connex 9x stainless chain - sent a blue non stainless chain & said could not explain where my chain went

NWT – Gore Tex jacket – 2” cut on front of jacket. Someone used a knife to open orig package.

ISIS bottom bracket – No non dive side threaded cup included – Useless part as delivered

Avid BB7 – Brake front – Seller never delivered, tried to scam mulitple customers.

Nike Triax Heart Rate monitor/Watch. - Did not work as shipped. Cost $55 to get it working thru Nike.

Profile Design Aquarack – Just thrown in bag with no packing

Like new bottom bracket – Must have been used in a coal mine. Threw it away with my money

Velo saddle – packed in a paper bag

Like new bike shorts – ripped on seat

Wheelset Used for One Ride – small omission someone else put 500 rides on them

Sora Shifters – no clamps included, missing parts. Seller says pix didn't show clamps so tough luck.

Crankset from Tiawan – lost in transit. Got eventually but waste of time.

New Bell Xray helmet – covered with some kind of glue, factory rejcet most likely

Mt. Bike fork – misrepresented color.

Bottom line is if you can't check it out before you buy it you are taking a risk that it will not be what you expect. All in all if I had taken more time I would have spent less money and alot less time. I still buy some selected stuff on ebay but use my LBS more and more. My conclusion: for every one dishonest buyer on ebay, and they are there, there are multiple dishonest sellers.
markwebb is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.