Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

No hot roadie chicks where I ride :(

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

No hot roadie chicks where I ride :(

Old 06-24-06, 12:36 AM
  #1  
cantdrv55
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cantdrv55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
No hot roadie chicks where I ride :(

Seriously, the only roadie women I ever see have been exposed to too much sun and wind. Leathery, weather beaten skin. Most look like they play for the other team too (nothing wrong with it but I'm just into that sort of stuff). I admit I'm no Brad Pitt but I'm just sayin' there's no eye candy where I ride.

Some hardcore roadies here may say I should be focusing on the ride and not be concerned about the scenery. I say screw that! I need the extra motivation!
cantdrv55 is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 12:39 AM
  #2  
operator
cab horn
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,353

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
It's a sasusage fest everywhere cycling. Try running instead. It's about 9:1 ratio there
operator is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 01:00 AM
  #3  
UmneyDurak
RacingBear
 
UmneyDurak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 9,018
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by operator
It's a sasusage fest everywhere cycling. Try running instead. It's about 9:1 ratio there
You, know thats what I keep hearing too. Too bad I hate running with a passion. Doing Bay to Breakers confirmed it.
UmneyDurak is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 03:23 AM
  #4  
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,896

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I can't figure you cyclists out! I rode to the beach with my wife a couple of weeks ago. She wore a lil tank top exposing a little cleavage. I posted a cleave shot in another forum. They called her bad names and said I was a pervert!

OK, so I'm a pervert, but they didn't have to call her bad names!

We encountered about 50 other male cyclists, not one complained! They were too busy looking like this!.........
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 03:26 AM
  #5  
operator
cab horn
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,353

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Hey you can post that shot here, I guarantee you I won't call her bad names ;D
operator is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 03:30 AM
  #6  
matagi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a parallel universe
Posts: 860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Maybe you need to move somewhere else?
matagi is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 03:35 AM
  #7  
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,896

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
They all laughed and called me names, but it was the most viewed thread for a while!
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 04:10 AM
  #8  
DrPete 
Dirt-riding heretic
 
DrPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 17,413

Bikes: Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
I can't figure you cyclists out! I rode to the beach with my wife a couple of weeks ago. She wore a lil tank top exposing a little cleavage. I posted a cleave shot in another forum. They called her bad names and said I was a pervert!

OK, so I'm a pervert, but they didn't have to call her bad names!

We encountered about 50 other male cyclists, not one complained! They were too busy looking like this!.........
So, let me get this straight-- YOU posted a cleavage shot of YOUR WIFE on an internet bike forum to show her off. The OP wants some "hot roadie chicks" in his area so he can have some "eye candy" where he rides. Operator's worried about the "sausage fest."

Boy, sure can't figure out why women wouldn't be interested in cycling with male cyclists giving them THAT kind of a reception... I think a lot of the women riders will agree that fast recreational/competitive cycling is a pretty intimidating, often unwelcoming sport for women, due in no small part to the way they're treated by people like YOU.

DrPete
DrPete is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 04:11 AM
  #9  
pdxtex
Portland, OR, USA
 
pdxtex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: portland
Posts: 1,626

Bikes: kona paddywagon, trek 2.1, lemond nevada city, gt zrx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
come to portland. lots of hot road lasses. even hot hipster girls with cowboy boots and single speeds. meltttttttt.
pdxtex is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 04:19 AM
  #10  
Olebiker
Resident Old Fart
 
Olebiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,295

Bikes: Douglas Precision Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man, where do you live? I'll be leaving the house in a few minutes to go to the Chaires Ride where there will be at least a half dozen young women less than half my age that are fast riders and beautiful ladies.
__________________
Wag more, bark less
Olebiker is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 04:50 AM
  #11  
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,896

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrPete
So, let me get this straight-- YOU posted a cleavage shot of YOUR WIFE on an internet bike forum to show her off. The OP wants some "hot roadie chicks" in his area so he can have some "eye candy" where he rides. Operator's worried about the "sausage fest."

Boy, sure can't figure out why women wouldn't be interested in cycling with male cyclists giving them THAT kind of a reception... I think a lot of the women riders will agree that fast recreational/competitive cycling is a pretty intimidating, often unwelcoming sport for women, due in no small part to the way they're treated by people like YOU.

DrPete
Intimidating? The only people that are intimidated are the bunch of cry baby men that she stomps on the way to the beach! Not sure about where you live, but there are several women her that can open a can of whipazz on the men. They just whine more when the chick is flashin' some boobies!

I can't figure out you strange guys. You whine about women that show a little flesh, but then a magazine posts a girl on a bike showing skin, and you all fall in love. I can't remember the girls name(mtn biker) popular pretty model type that has been in several articles. Everytime her pic is posted, riders flip. But a forum member shows some skin and all of a sudden, women are being mistreated and unwelcomed!
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 04:56 AM
  #12  
cs1
Senior Member
 
cs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Clev Oh
Posts: 7,076

Bikes: Specialized, Schwinn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by cantdrv55
Seriously, the only roadie women I ever see have been exposed to too much sun and wind. Leathery, weather beaten skin. Most look like they play for the other team too (nothing wrong with it but I'm just into that sort of stuff). I admit I'm no Brad Pitt but I'm just sayin' there's no eye candy where I ride.

Some hardcore roadies here may say I should be focusing on the ride and not be concerned about the scenery. I say screw that! I need the extra motivation!
No hot roadie chicks where I ride
Ride somewhere else then. Seriously, I do agree with you. There is a site called "****s on bikes" or something to that effect. Cycling seems to be very male dominated.

Take up swimming, then you have an all new set of problems that arise, litterally. Good luck on whatever sport you choose.

Tim
cs1 is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 04:57 AM
  #13  
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,896

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
BTW, I wonder if anybody here knows or has ever ridden with a "Maria"? Beautiful woman that rides with Lloyd's Lagers her on the Santa Ana river trail in Cali.! Beautiful strong woman...showing some cleavage on the ride we were on!...not that I was looking.

She single handedly pulled a paceline to the beach with about 6 club riders struggling to stay on her wheel! She practically killed everybody! So when you think women are unwelcomed cause some cleavage is showing, you're wrong, or in the wrong place!
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 06:32 AM
  #14  
'nother
semifreddo amartuerer
 
'nother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 4,599

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^ I don't know a "Maria" but up here (Silicon Valley) there are a ton of chicks on bicycles, and a number are very strong riders. Men still outnumber women, but the volume makes up for it. The percentage of hotties drops considerably in the cooler/rainier months 'cause it's down to the hardcores, but right now is prime viewing time. cantdrv55 you should plan a visit some time. Meantime I think I'm gonna go see Mr. Beanz for a little change of scenery
'nother is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 07:30 AM
  #15  
msheron
I-M-D bell curve of bikn'
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NC mountains
Posts: 2,926

Bikes: 06' Jamis Eclipse in the making.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
BTW, I wonder if anybody here knows or has ever ridden with a "Maria"? Beautiful woman that rides with Lloyd's Lagers her on the Santa Ana river trail in Cali.! Beautiful strong woman...showing some cleavage on the ride we were on!...not that I was looking.

She single handedly pulled a paceline to the beach with about 6 club riders struggling to stay on her wheel! She practically killed everybody! So when you think women are unwelcomed cause some cleavage is showing, you're wrong, or in the wrong place!
As long as they don't play golf! Because we all know their breast get in the way! Just kidding! That comment got one golf commentator out of a lucrative announcing contract. I personally could care less if there is scenery, but when there is it is nice. I am so much in a zone unless they throw their boobs upside my head, probably would not notice until I stop for a break. Then it would be, damn, where did you come from?
__________________
Ego Campana Inflectum of Circuitous
msheron is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 07:33 AM
  #16  
twahl
Tom (ex)Builder
 
twahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 2,814

Bikes: Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pdxtex
even hot hipster girls with cowboy boots and single speeds. meltttttttt.
I guess I missed the part that makes that "hot".
__________________
Tom

"It hurts so good..."
twahl is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 07:39 AM
  #17  
brunop
hell's angels h/q e3st ny
 
brunop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: boston area/morningside heights manhattan
Posts: 1,582

Bikes: surly steamroller, independent fabrication titanium club racer, iro jamie roy--44/16, independent fabrication steel crown jewel--47/17, surly karate. monkey (rohloff speed hub), unicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by operator
It's a sasusage fest everywhere cycling. Try running instead. It's about 9:1 ratio there
i'm a runner and a cyclist. runner women are, in my opinion, a lot more attractive. a lot. but i like women cycling don't get me wrong. but physically i think women runners have them beat, by and large.
brunop is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 07:39 AM
  #18  
DrPete 
Dirt-riding heretic
 
DrPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 17,413

Bikes: Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
I can't figure out you strange guys. You whine about women that show a little flesh, but then a magazine posts a girl on a bike showing skin, and you all fall in love. I can't remember the girls name(mtn biker) popular pretty model type that has been in several articles. Everytime her pic is posted, riders flip. But a forum member shows some skin and all of a sudden, women are being mistreated and unwelcomed!
If you're cool with showing off pics of your wife on the web while other cyclists look at her like a piece of meat, I won't stop you. No whining here--do what you want. And if you think that my entire post was only about you posting a pic of your wife with some cleavage, I just don't have the energy to explain it all the way. It's a lot bigger than that.

I'm just saying that maybe you should ask the "hot chicks" and "eye candy" why they aren't becoming roadies, and then ask them how much they like being called the above names... Maybe there's an actual REASON that there are so many fewer women roadies out there than men, and I do think that part of it is the environment we create for women.

DrPete
DrPete is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 07:51 AM
  #19  
cydewaze
Emondafied
 
cydewaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,939

Bikes: See sig

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I see a super hot woman almost everytime I ride - my wife.
__________________

my bike page - my journal
Current Stable: Trek Emonda SL - Trek Top Fuel 8 - Scattante XRL - Jamis Dakar Expert - Trek 9700 - AlpineStars Al Mega
cydewaze is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 07:55 AM
  #20  
Nubie
Senior Member
 
Nubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 700

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Diverge Carbon Comp, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
OH MY GOD. I cannot believe what I am reading on this thread. The only person who is showing higher cerebral function is Dr. Pete. And he's a surgeon. Heaven help us.

You ask why there aren't more female roadies? You've answered your own question right here in this thread. Sheesh.

(Dr. Pete - Just kidding about the surgery comment. I was going to be a surgeon too.)
Nubie is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 08:19 AM
  #21  
catatonic
Chairman of the Bored
 
catatonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 5,825

Bikes: 2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
By hot mountain biker girl, did you mean Marla Streb? Marla was the one in the Yeti cycles posters. If so, I wouldn't call her a girl....she's in her 40s. Mighty good looking for her age though. Of course this is coming from a 27 year old...so I'm a bit skewed by my youth
catatonic is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 08:31 AM
  #22  
brunop
hell's angels h/q e3st ny
 
brunop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: boston area/morningside heights manhattan
Posts: 1,582

Bikes: surly steamroller, independent fabrication titanium club racer, iro jamie roy--44/16, independent fabrication steel crown jewel--47/17, surly karate. monkey (rohloff speed hub), unicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cydewaze
I see a super hot woman almost everytime I ride - my wife.
"super hot"? pics. we need pics.
brunop is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 08:42 AM
  #23  
feethanddooth
this one's optimistic...
 
feethanddooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: central new jersey
Posts: 723

Bikes: cannondale r400 2006 kona smoke 2005 scott cr1 team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
all i see when i ride is women whos legs are larger than my waist. i dont knock them because at least they are on a bike and not watching the young and the restless at home.

but spandex is not a right, its a privilege.
feethanddooth is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 08:45 AM
  #24  
turbominnow
Senior Member
 
turbominnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 401

Bikes: Schwinn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cs1
There is a site called "****s on bikes"


GJ Tim! I just barfed breakfast up.
__________________
Merlin TR3/2.5
The only Grey Matter, Ride Ti, everything else is...just a toy
turbominnow is offline  
Old 06-24-06, 10:33 AM
  #25  
'nother
semifreddo amartuerer
 
'nother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 4,599

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrPete
I'm just saying that maybe you should ask the "hot chicks" and "eye candy" why they aren't becoming roadies, and then ask them how much they like being called the above names... Maybe there's an actual REASON that there are so many fewer women roadies out there than men, and I do think that part of it is the environment we create for women.
I ride with several chicks, and I notice that they are chatting amongst themselves and checking out the guys just as much as the dudes are checking out the chicks.
'nother is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.