Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   This is one tricked out TT bike! (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/216690-one-tricked-out-tt-bike.html)

Sincitycycler 08-04-06 08:53 PM

This is one tricked out TT bike!
 
This guy is wack. http://www.adventuresofgreg.com/hpvlog/06-06-05.html

I've seen that water gizmo on some Japanese guy's bike earlier this year at a TT in North Las Vegas. Kind of cool. Wonder who makes it?
http://www.adventuresofgreg.com/hpvl...s/DSC00539.jpg

DrPete 08-04-06 09:01 PM

I've never said this about a TT bike, but that's totally Fred.

Where's the DVD player??

jrennie 08-04-06 09:48 PM

guy was so worried about the aero of his seat bag and then hangs a mirror off the side of his bike, I think he has a little to much time on his hands.

dmotoguy 08-04-06 10:47 PM

that guy does have the record for farthest traveled in 24 hours under human power though.. pretty tight..

audiojan 08-05-06 11:01 AM

It's made by a company called NeverReach and can be found at www.neverreach.com

youm0nt 08-05-06 12:55 PM

http://zipp.com/Portals/0/Products/W...ar_524x250.jpg

sunofsand 08-05-06 01:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've found two. One carbon fiber green and one uber cool stainless steel for the vintage folks (cork not included)

okay, not carbon fiber. Plastic

Smoothie104 08-05-06 02:42 PM


Originally Posted by DrPete
I've never said this about a TT bike, but that's totally Fred.

Where's the DVD player??


Absolutley spot on.

sandy_pangle 08-05-06 04:06 PM

:roflmao:


Originally Posted by sunofsand
I've found two. One carbon fiber green and one uber cool stainless steel for the vintage folks (cork not included)

okay, not carbon fiber. Plastic



:roflmao:

cat4ever 08-05-06 04:13 PM

What's that piece of flair under his seat?

Sincitycycler 08-05-06 05:26 PM


Originally Posted by audiojan
It's made by a company called NeverReach and can be found at www.neverreach.com

Sure it isn't made by "Reach- around"?
Looks kinda ghey the more I stared at it...

voltman 08-05-06 05:30 PM

It looks like a tri bike. For triathlons. Thus the gear.

na975 08-05-06 05:30 PM

that looks like a urinal.

TCR 08-05-06 05:40 PM

Tri people are just weird.

Psimet2001 08-05-06 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by TCR
Tri people are just weird.

I usually hate base generalizations, but let's face it...they really don't seem right in the head sometimes.

eddiebrannan 08-05-06 06:16 PM

what's the thing on the top tube?

TCR 08-05-06 06:31 PM


Originally Posted by eddiebrannan
what's the thing on the top tube?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe a gel dispenser?

eddiebrannan 08-05-06 06:36 PM

toast rack? like this in black.

http://www.theceramicartist.com/aimages/402full1.jpg

BigFloppyLlama 08-05-06 06:42 PM


Originally Posted by eddiebrannan
what's the thing on the top tube?

Probably a Bento Box.
http://www.trisports.com/benbakil.html

Snicklefritz 08-05-06 07:05 PM

Whether it's Fred or not, who cares. I know a lot of people that want to carry a decent amount of water on the bike without having to worry about picking up bottles, dropping them, blah blah. Plus I think the guy with his current setup can drink pretty easily without getting too far out of his aero position.

If that helps him ride better who cares what the bike looks like

samsation7 08-05-06 10:09 PM


Originally Posted by Snicklefritz
Whether it's Fred or not, who cares. I know a lot of people that want to carry a decent amount of water on the bike without having to worry about picking up bottles, dropping them, blah blah. Plus I think the guy with his current setup can drink pretty easily without getting too far out of his aero position.

If that helps him ride better who cares what the bike looks like


I remember one time someone posted Lance's training bike. Most people said that it looks Fredish. The dude who owns this bike might be pretty good. If it helps him perform then kudos to him. People here throw the word "Fred" around a lot and I'm curious how many of them actually competed in a race, crit or century.

grinderbob 08-05-06 10:23 PM

does he have a job?

cslone 08-06-06 03:28 AM

In the world of triathlons, that's a pretty tame bike.

DrPete 08-06-06 05:59 AM


Originally Posted by samsation7
People here throw the word "Fred" around a lot and I'm curious how many of them actually competed in a race, crit or century.

I've done all of the above.

I guess the thing about it is 1. there's no UCI pro who even bothers with the aero water thing during a TT--they just reach for the bottle. And for folks who have their bikes tuned up in wind tunnels, I would think that if there was a huge disadvantage to reaching for your bottle for a few seconds, we'd see a lot more of the aero water buckets.

Even aero can look ridiculous. If this stuff worked so well, why doesn't every TT god use it??

DrPete 08-06-06 06:01 AM


Originally Posted by eddiebrannan
what's the thing on the top tube?

It's a Tasty-Bake oven so he can make his own powerbars without getting out of his aero position. :D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.