Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Share Your Recovery Secrets. (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/275852-share-your-recovery-secrets.html)

Bici3 03-08-07 03:39 PM

Share Your Recovery Secrets.
 
I know competitors don't wish to give away secrets; however, being motivated by the "Cool Pix" thread, I need to share some of my post-ride recovery sources...
In the States... Coco's - Cinnamon Roll French Toast. West Coast riders have it all!
In Europe - Ringo's e' Espresso.
http://www.bicitreregioni.com/cafe.jpg
www.bicitreregioni.com

Adgooroo 03-08-07 03:41 PM

Starbuck's Frappicino and Snickers Marathon Protein Bar.

steaktaco 03-08-07 03:42 PM

mine.

and this with this with salt.

djbowen1 03-08-07 03:49 PM

testosterone patch on my scrotum

query 03-08-07 03:52 PM

i like to cover my fingers with a little detergent, then pee on them, when i have to pee in a cup for a drug test.

bigskymacadam 03-08-07 03:57 PM

massage
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1...onstickpt4.gif
recoverite
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6716/headerrrrb7.jpg
ice bath
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7...95sizedzd1.jpg

ronjon10 03-08-07 04:05 PM

I slam a chocolate ensure right after the ride. I'm looking for a replacement since it has HFCS (#@$@#$) but it's got the right carb/protein ratio. I find no matter how hard a work, if I drink one of those immediately after the ride, I eat normally the rest of the day and feel great the next day. When I don't, and don't get anything fairly soon after the same hard workout, I eat everything in the kitchen for the rest of the day. On rare occassions, after very heavy climbing days, I'll take an advil or 2.

SushiJoe 03-08-07 04:07 PM


Originally Posted by djbowen1
testosterone patch on my scrotum

:roflmao:

SushiJoe 03-08-07 04:11 PM

Endurox R4 - my friend is the captain of the Iowa State Swim Team and she swears by it. The coaches also make them drink it. She gets me a discount, so i don't care :D

8Lives 03-08-07 04:14 PM

Gu 15 minutes before and every 45 minutes. At least a powerbar post ride, within half an hour. If I really went hard, using Arnica on my legs post ride and at night makes a world of difference.

garysol1 03-08-07 04:17 PM


Originally Posted by SushiJoe
Endurox R4 -

Agreed. I few weeks I started a thread complaining that my legs ached if I rode a few days in a row. I had used Endurox in the past but I guess I forgot about it. A bunch of members who posted in my thread reminded me about the stuff. Today I rode my 6th day in a row, somewhere just north of 200 miles. I have drank Endurox after every ride and I have not had any leg ache's at all.

SushiJoe 03-08-07 04:18 PM


Originally Posted by garysol1
Agreed. I few weeks I started a thread complaining that my legs ached if I rode a few days in a row. I have drank Endurox after every ride and I have not had any leg ache's at all.

:beer:

Snuffleupagus 03-08-07 04:19 PM

Replace as many calories as you can stomach (within reason, don't exceed what you actually burnt) using whole foods. Sleep for at least 8 hours. Stretch out.

Cromulent 03-08-07 04:22 PM

Chocolate milk. The organic stuff with no HFCS. It's very, very helpful.

SushiJoe 03-08-07 04:26 PM


Originally Posted by Cromulent
Chocolate milk. The organic stuff with no HFCS. It's very, very helpful.

They did a study (which i'm sure everyone knows about) where chocolate milk performed as well as Endurox. Which would save me a hell of a lot of money if i weren't freakin' lactose intolerant! D@mn you cruel gods of digestion! Choc. Milk wins the taste battle, hands down!

garysol1 03-08-07 04:27 PM

Here is a link to my recovery thread.

garysol1 03-08-07 04:28 PM


Originally Posted by SushiJoe
They did a study where chocolate milk performed as well as Endurox.

My real world study found that NOT to be true..

SushiJoe 03-08-07 04:31 PM


Originally Posted by garysol1
My real world study found that NOT to be true..

I stick to the Endurox - lets me bypass all the gastric distress later on

Cromulent 03-08-07 04:33 PM


Originally Posted by SushiJoe
I stick to the Endurox - lets me bypass all the gastric distress later on

Yeah, that would make drinking chocolate milk, um, not good.

Endurox, eh? I'll have to try some.

SushiJoe 03-08-07 04:35 PM


Originally Posted by Cromulent
Yeah, that would make drinking chocolate milk, um, not good.

Endurox, eh? I'll have to try some.

Buy online - it's cheaper

Ritterview 03-08-07 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Endurox
Is there anything special here? Is it the Ciwujia extract?


http://69.94.64.50/endurox.com/pages...upplement.html

SushiJoe 03-08-07 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by Ritterview
Is there anything special here? Is it the Ciwujia extract?


http://69.94.64.50/endurox.com/pages...upplement.html

i think its the mix of carbs, protein and glutamine

Snuffleupagus 03-08-07 04:53 PM


Originally Posted by Ritterview
Is there anything special here? Is it the Ciwujia extract?


http://69.94.64.50/endurox.com/pages...upplement.html

Wrong endurox.

Endurox R4 is whacha want.

http://www.enduroxr4.com/pages/flavors_sizes.html

BigSean 03-08-07 05:07 PM


Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus
Wrong endurox.

Endurox R4 is whacha want.

http://www.enduroxr4.com/pages/flavors_sizes.html


Its on sale for $29 at Performance right now.

dan.lavelle 03-08-07 05:09 PM

i'm a firm believer that recovery starts before you even get on the bike to ride. If i haven't drank enough water and eaten well before i ride, it doesn't matter how well i eat/drink afterwards I'm still going to feel like crap. you can't be eating burgers and fried food before you get on the bike and then get off and slam a protein shake and expect to be 100% recovered the next day...

with that said, within 30 minutes of a workout I have a protein shake (usually peanut butter chocolate musclemilk because its freaking amazing) and a piece of fruit followed by as much water as i can get my hands on. Then within the next hour and a half have a solid meal with lean protein, complex carbs, and good fats. If i'm still low on calories i'll have another protein shake before bed, or grab a snack and another huge drink of water.

and if all else fails...french onion soup, bottle of Magic Hat #9, and cheesefries hahaha.

blonduathlongrl 03-08-07 05:09 PM


Originally Posted by Cromulent
Chocolate milk. The organic stuff with no HFCS. It's very, very helpful.

funny, I do chocolate milk as well. Im known to drink 3 glasses and eat 3 cheese sandwiches. It's my sacred routine to me :)

skandal20 03-08-07 05:11 PM


Originally Posted by ronjon10
I slam a chocolate ensure right after the ride. I'm looking for a replacement since it has HFCS (#@$@#$) but it's got the right carb/protein ratio. I find no matter how hard a work, if I drink one of those immediately after the ride, I eat normally the rest of the day and feel great the next day. When I don't, and don't get anything fairly soon after the same hard workout, I eat everything in the kitchen for the rest of the day. On rare occassions, after very heavy climbing days, I'll take an advil or 2.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is perfect for recovery. Don't shy away. It's when you make it a large part of your regular diet when you start to see negative results.

mtnwalker 03-08-07 05:20 PM

OK, I may be out of line here but coming from weight lifting and just now getting into cycling, I've learned from my weight lifting days that its the proteins that helps rebuild muscle tissue and really helps the musles from aching after extreme/extrenous exercises. I have tried just using endurox before but still found myself hurting the next day. But once I've resumed taking protein drinks again, %100 Whey, along with endurox I've noticed that there was considerably much less pain after my bike rides.

Am I wrong here? I don't see too many people in these forums talking about protein that much.

SushiJoe 03-08-07 05:20 PM


Originally Posted by dan.lavelle
(usually peanut butter chocolate musclemilk because its freaking amazing)

+1

Good stuff!!

SushiJoe 03-08-07 05:24 PM


Originally Posted by mtnwalker
OK, I may be out of line here but coming from weight lifting and just now getting into cycling, I've learned from my weight lifting days that its the proteins that helps rebuild muscle tissue and really helps the musles from aching after extreme/extrenous exercises. I have tried just using endurox before but still found myself hurting the next day. But once I've resumed taking protein drinks again, %100 Whey, along with endurox I've noticed that there was considerably much less pain after my bike rides.

Am I wrong here? I don't see too many people in these forums talking about protein that much.

I think it depends. Cycling depletes glycogen stores more so than weight training. Hence the large quantity of carbs in Endurox. Cycling is also meant to build endurance and not muscle mass, which is why less protein is usually needed. The protein that is in Endurox R4 is whey. 52g carbs and 13g protein. Different formulas for different exercises methinks.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.