Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What road bike do you have?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

What road bike do you have?

Old 02-13-17, 07:17 PM
  #25676  
Member
 
sempre1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 48

Bikes: Bianchi Oltre xr1/ Wilier Cento1air/Giant trc adv 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Timo
Just completed this one for a retro ride to Burgundy this summer: Peugeot PX10 with Simplex derailleurs, Suntour bar-end shifters, Weinmann brakes and Mavic rims with Dugast tubular tires...


We have something in common...a lot of snow!!
Btw- nice Peugeot.
sempre1 is offline  
Old 02-20-17, 07:07 AM
  #25677  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Estonia
Posts: 14

Bikes: Carbonic Canyon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
1x10
6,16kg


livestrong1986 is offline  
Old 02-20-17, 08:35 AM
  #25678  
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,070

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 450 Posts
Originally Posted by livestrong1986
1x10
6,16kg
What's the gear ratio?
cat0020 is offline  
Old 02-20-17, 10:16 AM
  #25679  
Senior Member
 
cpstwoart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Lafayette, IN
Posts: 63

Bikes: 2016 Giant TCR Advanced SL, 2015 Specialized Langster Pro, 1990's Battaglin, 2015 TCR SLR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Giant TCR Advanced SL. I have a Rotor 2INPOWER on the way, and I am in the process of building up a set of 60 mm Boyd wheels with some blue Industry Nine hubs. When the new Dura-Ace 9100 becomes available I will be tossing those awesome derailleurs and brakes onto my ride, and the same thing with the new Pro Vibe stem when that's available. I also have some Elite cages coming in since carbon cages are SUPER overrated, and I have new blue Shimano housing coming in soon, too. Sorry about the bad image quality. I pulled it off of my Instagram.




NB: I only use those massive bidons when I'm doing 50+ miles.
cpstwoart is offline  
Old 02-20-17, 10:19 AM
  #25680  
Senior Member
 
WhyFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 39,509

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20801 Post(s)
Liked 9,448 Times in 4,666 Posts
Sweet. What size - an M?
WhyFi is offline  
Old 02-20-17, 01:17 PM
  #25681  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Estonia
Posts: 14

Bikes: Carbonic Canyon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cat0020
what's the gear ratio?
50t 11-23 + 11-28
livestrong1986 is offline  
Old 02-20-17, 01:21 PM
  #25682  
Senior Member
 
gsindela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 361

Bikes: 2015 Storck Scenero G3 (Force 22)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cpstwoart
My Giant TCR Advanced SL. I have a Rotor 2INPOWER on the way, and I am in the process of building up a set of 60 mm Boyd wheels with some blue Industry Nine hubs. When the new Dura-Ace 9100 becomes available I will be tossing those awesome derailleurs and brakes onto my ride, and the same thing with the new Pro Vibe stem when that's available. I also have some Elite cages coming in since carbon cages are SUPER overrated, and I have new blue Shimano housing coming in soon, too. Sorry about the bad image quality. I pulled it off of my Instagram.




NB: I only use those massive bidons when I'm doing 50+ miles.
Very, very nice. Love the color.
gsindela is offline  
Old 02-23-17, 05:26 AM
  #25683  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


2017 TIME SCYLON Edition Francais.

Campagnolo EPS V3
THM CLAVICULA SE
THM FIBULA 2017
LIGHTWEIGHT Meilenstein Schwartz TUB
Seller Italia C59
NOKON Housing with Jagwire liners and Jagwire ultraslick polished SS cables.

Still pretty much a work in progress as I've yet to take delivery of some of the components.

Last edited by leej88; 02-23-17 at 07:24 AM.
leej88 is offline  
Old 02-23-17, 06:01 AM
  #25684  
Member
 
sempre1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 48

Bikes: Bianchi Oltre xr1/ Wilier Cento1air/Giant trc adv 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Nice bike...are those tubular or clinchers?
sempre1 is offline  
Old 02-23-17, 07:03 AM
  #25685  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 95

Bikes: Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-MOD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Just picked this up last week. Wasn't expecting to buy a new bike but I just couldn't pass on it (especially with how cheap it was). Not a huge fan on the paint on it (too many logos on the 2016 paint jobs, 2017s look so much cleaner) but I didn't have a choice and I'm just being extremely nitpicky.

2016 Cannondale Supersix EVO Hi-MOD Dura Ace 2 (very lightly used)

Hi-MOD frame
Dura-Ace 9000 groupset w/ Ultegra chain+cassette
Hollogram SI Crank w/ 8-arm spidering (52/36)
Mavic Ksryium Elite wheels

So excited right now and can't wait until I can actually get it out on the road
Peter2290 is offline  
Old 02-23-17, 09:13 AM
  #25686  
Senior Member
 
gsindela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 361

Bikes: 2015 Storck Scenero G3 (Force 22)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter2290


Just picked this up last week. Wasn't expecting to buy a new bike but I just couldn't pass on it (especially with how cheap it was). Not a huge fan on the paint on it (too many logos on the 2016 paint jobs, 2017s look so much cleaner) but I didn't have a choice and I'm just being extremely nitpicky.

2016 Cannondale Supersix EVO Hi-MOD Dura Ace 2 (very lightly used)

Hi-MOD frame
Dura-Ace 9000 groupset w/ Ultegra chain+cassette
Hollogram SI Crank w/ 8-arm spidering (52/36)
Mavic Ksryium Elite wheels

So excited right now and can't wait until I can actually get it out on the road
Very, very nice bike. Congrats!
gsindela is offline  
Old 02-24-17, 11:33 AM
  #25687  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very nice! Enjoy!!
MC13 is offline  
Old 02-24-17, 12:18 PM
  #25688  
Senior Member
 
goenrdoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,416

Bikes: 2019 Supersix Evo, 2002 Trek 2000

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter2290
So excited right now and can't wait until I can actually get it out on the road
Seriously.. what are you doing on bikeforums? You should be riding up and down the driveway, at the very least!

Enviable bike! Congrats!
goenrdoug is offline  
Old 02-24-17, 12:34 PM
  #25689  
Senior Member
 
motosonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 630
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
The Cannondale and the Time are both great looking bikes! Grats and get out and ride!
motosonic is offline  
Old 02-25-17, 05:57 PM
  #25690  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 95

Bikes: Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-MOD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goenrdoug
Seriously.. what are you doing on bikeforums? You should be riding up and down the driveway, at the very least!

Enviable bike! Congrats!
Winter and daylight are against me right now for outdoor riding. Actually got out yesterday though (got to leave work early) and put in 25 miles and it was great!
Peter2290 is offline  
Old 02-25-17, 07:03 PM
  #25691  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 252

Bikes: 1986 Centurion Facet 105 Equipped, Centurion Carbon-R 105 Equipped,Diamondback Zetec 2.1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Centurion Facet, because it's bad ass
copperfind is offline  
Old 02-25-17, 07:33 PM
  #25692  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aldi road bike large frame
changed drive train
sugino 130/74 cranks with adapter 38/17 teeth
rear 11/34 . changed dérailleur to $25 Shimano Altus RD-M370 7/8/9 Speed Rear Dérailleur
Shimano spd pedals and shoes out of my spares bin.
age 65 and I like mountain roads. We only have one mountain thats hard in Australia and thats kosy.
Little ones like Buffalo are just fun. its about 4700 ft.
It a unusual gear set-up but I have used it for 30 years.
No rucksack at my age, just day trips.
I am not fast on the road just very persistent.

I am wondering if there is any reason to spend more on a road bike?
I am not being a smart arse, I just dont know if I could tell the difference.
so far its cost me $330 all up plus the bits out of spares bin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
aldi-blue-road-bike.jpg (72.4 KB, 774 views)
pastor3141 is offline  
Old 02-26-17, 11:56 AM
  #25693  
Senior Member
 
IamNed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Findlay, OH
Posts: 92

Bikes: 2014 Bianchi Sempre Pro, 1995 Bianchi Premio, 2014 Bianchi Pista Fixed Gear, 1994 Bianchi Timber Wolf

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2013 Cannondale CAAD10. New saddle, tape, brake pads, chain, cassette, wheels, bottle holders, cygolite hotrod in the back and dart in the front, 105 pedals, and new saddle bag. Tomorrow I'll install a Polar M450 with cadence and HRM.
IamNed is offline  
Old 02-26-17, 08:17 PM
  #25694  
Senior Member
 
cpstwoart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Lafayette, IN
Posts: 63

Bikes: 2016 Giant TCR Advanced SL, 2015 Specialized Langster Pro, 1990's Battaglin, 2015 TCR SLR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Sweet. What size - an M?
It's a M/L, saddle height at 72 cm, 110 stem.

Originally Posted by gsindela
Very, very nice. Love the color.
Thanks! I do too! That's why I ended up getting it over the 2017 one. It was the same price as an EP, but I really liked the color over the one with black and blue with the yellow-green color.
cpstwoart is offline  
Old 03-04-17, 12:19 AM
  #25695  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Estonia
Posts: 14

Bikes: Carbonic Canyon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by IamNed
2013 Cannondale CAAD10. New saddle, tape, brake pads, chain, cassette, wheels, bottle holders, cygolite hotrod in the back and dart in the front, 105 pedals, and new saddle bag. Tomorrow I'll install a Polar M450 with cadence and HRM.
Too big for you!
livestrong1986 is offline  
Old 03-04-17, 09:21 PM
  #25696  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 312

Bikes: Nashbar CR-5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Nashbar Cr-5
TedC is offline  
Old 03-06-17, 11:53 PM
  #25697  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: I live in St. Augustine,FL
Posts: 14

Bikes: 2014 Specialized Roubaix-Ultegra, Specialized 40th Anniversary Edition frameset with NOS Suntour Superbe Pro Group, 1995 Schwinn Super Sport, 198? Schwinn Superior serial# 14301 in the process of refurb. 2005 Gary Fisher Tasahara mountain bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mine

2014 Specialized Roubaix with ultegra 6800 components and TRP HY/RD cable actuated hydraulic disc brakes. Specialized 40th Anniversary frame signed by Mark Di Nucci with Suntour Superbe Pro retro components with Velocity A23 rims, the back being the osc version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0041.jpg (95.0 KB, 602 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_0043.jpg (91.8 KB, 599 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_0045.jpg (95.2 KB, 600 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_1974.jpg (92.9 KB, 601 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_1975.jpg (95.4 KB, 599 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_1976.jpg (95.3 KB, 601 views)
Osman82 is offline  
Old 03-08-17, 08:56 AM
  #25698  
Senior Member
 
sh00k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 947

Bikes: 2011 Trek FX 7.3 | 2015 Trek FX 7.4 | Lotus Classique

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by pastor3141
aldi road bike large frame
changed drive train
sugino 130/74 cranks with adapter 38/17 teeth
rear 11/34 . changed dérailleur to $25 Shimano Altus RD-M370 7/8/9 Speed Rear Dérailleur
Shimano spd pedals and shoes out of my spares bin.
age 65 and I like mountain roads. We only have one mountain thats hard in Australia and thats kosy.
Little ones like Buffalo are just fun. its about 4700 ft.
It a unusual gear set-up but I have used it for 30 years.
No rucksack at my age, just day trips.
I am not fast on the road just very persistent.

I am wondering if there is any reason to spend more on a road bike?
I am not being a smart arse, I just dont know if I could tell the difference.
so far its cost me $330 all up plus the bits out of spares bin.
nice ride. as for more expensive bikes, i would say go to any local bike store near you and test ride a more expensive bike in your size. take it around the block/ride it for 5-10 minutes and you will definitely notice a difference.

when you test ride, pay very careful attention to how the bike shifts (shift to the highest and lowest gears so you can feel the difference from your current bike) and secondly, pay careful attention to the amount of effort you are using to pedal. usually the more expensive bikes will take less effort to get them to move, allowing you to ride much longer since you are not using as much energy. lower weight bikes also make climbing a lot easier.

whether the difference makes a difference to you will determine whether you want to spend a ton of money on a bike or not.

cheers.

Last edited by sh00k; 03-08-17 at 09:01 AM.
sh00k is offline  
Old 03-09-17, 08:56 AM
  #25699  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specialized roubaix
vwOvw is offline  
Old 03-09-17, 06:17 PM
  #25700  
Senior Member
 
jdw777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 58

Bikes: 2000 Klein Quantum

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000 Klein Quantum
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
jdw777 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.