Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What road bike do you have?

Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

What road bike do you have?

Old 01-23-09, 09:55 AM
  #10051  
K&K_Dad
Schleckaholic
 
K&K_Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Carteret Co., NC, USA
Posts: 1,230

Bikes: '08 Trek 1.2, Schwinn Avenue Hybrid, '11 GT Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robncircus View Post
My ride with some updates:



New wheels: Williams 19
New tires: Schwalbe Ultremo
New stem: Ritchey WCS
New bars: FSA Compact
New saddle: Selle Italia SLR Carbino

The seat has since been leveled appropriately.

Rob
what size frame is that? Love the yellow..
K&K_Dad is offline  
Old 01-23-09, 10:15 AM
  #10052  
robncircus
Gunner.
 
robncircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 1,725

Bikes: Spooky Skeletor, Pivot Mach 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by K&K_Dad View Post
what size frame is that? Love the yellow..
Size small. I'm a mere 5'4 and the extra small was a bit too little.

thankS1

Rob
robncircus is offline  
Old 01-23-09, 02:32 PM
  #10053  
womensecks
Senior Member
 
womensecks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Never got around to posting my ride. My baby.

womensecks is offline  
Old 01-23-09, 03:24 PM
  #10054  
CrimsonKarter21
Mitcholo
 
CrimsonKarter21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oost Vlaanderen in mind, Cleveland in body
Posts: 8,850

Bikes: 2010 Mitcholo w/ Sram Force/Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's awesome how your bike is right side up even when it's up side down.
CrimsonKarter21 is offline  
Old 01-23-09, 04:48 PM
  #10055  
rha600
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
His Bike isn't right side up. His house is just upside down.
rha600 is offline  
Old 01-23-09, 06:40 PM
  #10056  
subframe
Senior Member
 
subframe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 333foto View Post


new bike, after climbing in santa barbara... painful fun.
nice Colnago!

What rims are those?
subframe is offline  
Old 01-23-09, 08:21 PM
  #10057  
texastwister
Senior Member
 
texastwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cleave View Post
Beautiful Bianchi.
THANKS Cleave ! got it a few month ago in Dallas,it cleaned up pretty easy, little touch up paint,and new saddle and peddles,been looking for one my size & Celeste for almost a year,thanks again ..
texastwister is offline  
Old 01-23-09, 08:35 PM
  #10058  
texastwister
Senior Member
 
texastwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by WheelsOfSteel View Post
80 something bianchi. is there any way of finding out what year and model it is by the serial number? or might you guys know?




hi wos,i went through this a few months ago with mine,first congrats & welcome to the CELESTE FAMILY,there is a few different ways to tell,on the rear derailer it will have PAT.82 which is mine ,yours might have PAT 83,84 or so on,next on the RH seat tube right were the post goes in it will have a # and letter mine being 2.L
which is year 82,L being for DEC.,L being the 12th letter.theres a # on the LH side prob a three digit the last # should also indicate the year, the first two being what day" EX:355 35th day of 1985,model not sure?mine has a sticker on top tube,check out a website called MY BIANCHI OR MY BIANCHI'S ? hope this helps,this is what i have been told so don't make any wild bets on info, but it makes sense..looks in great shape , should clean up nice, HAVE FUN!,these are sweet riding bikes

Last edited by texastwister; 01-23-09 at 08:43 PM.
texastwister is offline  
Old 01-23-09, 11:37 PM
  #10059  
PlatyPius
Arsehole
 
PlatyPius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my newest. I acquired this one in trade for a few trifles with CrimsonKarter21.







It's an "odd" build I suppose. I used what I had laying around.
NOS Dura Ace 9 speed triple shifters
Ultegra SL front derailleur
Aksium Race wheelset
Ritchey stem off of my new Masi Commuter
FSA handlebar
FSA SL-K seatpost
Fizik Aliante saddle
FSA Gossamer cranks ($20 on eBay)
Rear derailleur will be a Dura Ace ($42.00 on eBay - waiting for it to arrive)
Ultegra SL pedals
Cheap Kenda tires
PlatyPius is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 04:02 AM
  #10060  
WheelsOfSteel
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4

Bikes: 1970's Nishiki International single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texastwister View Post
hi wos,i went through this a few months ago with mine,first congrats & welcome to the CELESTE FAMILY,there is a few different ways to tell,on the rear derailer it will have PAT.82 which is mine ,yours might have PAT 83,84 or so on,next on the RH seat tube right were the post goes in it will have a # and letter mine being 2.L
which is year 82,L being for DEC.,L being the 12th letter.theres a # on the LH side prob a three digit the last # should also indicate the year, the first two being what day" EX:355 35th day of 1985,model not sure?mine has a sticker on top tube,check out a website called MY BIANCHI OR MY BIANCHI'S ? hope this helps,this is what i have been told so don't make any wild bets on info, but it makes sense..looks in great shape , should clean up nice, HAVE FUN!,these are sweet riding bikes
thanks a lot man! yeah she rides so smooth its crazy how an 80 something bike can run like many roadies today. does the fact that it is running all suntour and has produzione colombus tubing help figure out the specs?
WheelsOfSteel is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 11:48 AM
  #10061  
texastwister
Senior Member
 
texastwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by WheelsOfSteel View Post
thanks a lot man! yeah she rides so smooth its crazy how an 80 something bike can run like many roadies today. does the fact that it is running all suntour and has produzione colombus tubing help figure out the specs?
yes it can ,now that i look at it closer it looks like the shifter cables run under the BB(CRANK HOUSING)so there might be a # stamped on the bottom of it,also and it having suntour comp. it is probley a Japan or Tawan. model? even though it has a "made in italy" sticker ,the ones from Italy will have frt & rear derailers & shift levers by and will say Campanolo ,the shift cables also run on top of the BB ,,the brakes would be Modolo,still a great Celeste find and ride,still not sure of model.do a search on the classic & vintage section on this forum, search :BIANCHI,,,CELESTE BIANCHI,,,etc,,maybe some more answers there...good luck

Last edited by texastwister; 01-24-09 at 11:53 AM.
texastwister is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 11:51 AM
  #10062  
CrimsonKarter21
Mitcholo
 
CrimsonKarter21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oost Vlaanderen in mind, Cleveland in body
Posts: 8,850

Bikes: 2010 Mitcholo w/ Sram Force/Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
Here's my newest. I acquired this one in trade for a few trifles with CrimsonKarter21.







It's an "odd" build I suppose. I used what I had laying around.
NOS Dura Ace 9 speed triple shifters
Ultegra SL front derailleur
Aksium Race wheelset
Ritchey stem off of my new Masi Commuter
FSA handlebar
FSA SL-K seatpost
Fizik Aliante saddle
FSA Gossamer cranks ($20 on eBay)
Rear derailleur will be a Dura Ace ($42.00 on eBay - waiting for it to arrive)
Ultegra SL pedals
Cheap Kenda tires
Wow, she looks great! It's good to see my baby went to a good home.
CrimsonKarter21 is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 12:19 PM
  #10063  
AlexTaylor
Snail-paced new boy
 
AlexTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cheshire, England
Posts: 1,829

Bikes: Colnago Extreme Power, Ribble Winter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CK21 - I bet you have loads of what Hincapie calls 'No Chain Days'...
AlexTaylor is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 12:41 PM
  #10064  
zatopek
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Damascus, MD, USA
Posts: 1,122

Bikes: Neilpryde Nazare, Storck Scenero G3, Colnago Extreme Power, CAAD 10, Bowman Palace R, Strong Custom Foco Steel, BMC SLR01, BMC ALR01

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Platypius,
Sweet CAAD 8 you have added to your stable. Have you ridden the new Masi yet? If so, what do you think?
zatopek is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 01:24 PM
  #10065  
WheelsOfSteel
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4

Bikes: 1970's Nishiki International single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texastwister View Post
yes it can ,now that i look at it closer it looks like the shifter cables run under the BB(CRANK HOUSING)so there might be a # stamped on the bottom of it,also and it having suntour comp. it is probley a Japan or Tawan. model? even though it has a "made in italy" sticker ,the ones from Italy will have frt & rear derailers & shift levers by and will say Campanolo ,the shift cables also run on top of the BB ,,the brakes would be Modolo,still a great Celeste find and ride,still not sure of model.do a search on the classic & vintage section on this forum, search :BIANCHI,,,CELESTE BIANCHI,,,etc,,maybe some more answers there...good luck
thats weird because my bike is running modolo brakes? is it possible that the parts were swapped? because it also came with a gipiemme seat post and sella italia saddle... i donno i have to research the crap out of it its confusing me.
WheelsOfSteel is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 02:35 PM
  #10066  
CrimsonKarter21
Mitcholo
 
CrimsonKarter21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oost Vlaanderen in mind, Cleveland in body
Posts: 8,850

Bikes: 2010 Mitcholo w/ Sram Force/Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexTaylor View Post
CK21 - I bet you have loads of what Hincapie calls 'No Chain Days'...
Not my bike anymore
CrimsonKarter21 is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 03:57 PM
  #10067  
Maaku
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just wanted to repost my ***gin from a few pages back. Just got some fenders and a cup holder to make it the ultimate commuter bike. I love this thing.

Maaku is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 04:19 PM
  #10068  
PlatyPius
Arsehole
 
PlatyPius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zatopek View Post
Platypius,
Sweet CAAD 8 you have added to your stable. Have you ridden the new Masi yet? If so, what do you think?
Due to the weather here (and me being a big weenie), I've only ridden the Masi once about 5 miles. It is totally freakin' sweet, though! I tried it with the light on and with it off. There isn't a lot of difference, really. I was afraid it was going to be horrible like the early Shimano ones were. I barely noticed the drag when the light was on.

It's going to be a total New Bike Year for me.... got the Masi, got the CAAD8, have a Look 566 on the way, AND I built the Fuji SS from the original parts on the Masi. Then, to top it off, we just got an email from Litespeed with CRAZY EP frame-only prices...so crazy that I'm debating about who to rob or what to sell so I can buy one.

(and for the people who noticed that there's no chain...that's because there's a 105 triple RD hanging on there right now. The Dura Ace is in the mail. No need putting a chain on a bike with the wrong RD, eh?)
PlatyPius is offline  
Old 01-24-09, 10:26 PM
  #10069  
Ep3licious
aka: A.SPL !
 
Ep3licious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 139

Bikes: 08 Bianchi Pista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ep3licious is offline  
Old 01-25-09, 12:30 AM
  #10070  
Bikelyst
That's what she said
 
Bikelyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 477

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Pro SL, Bianchi Via Nirone '07, Fuji Ace '05

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^How do u like those TT's...why'd u pick them over the Aero's?

Gorgeous bike btw.
Bikelyst is offline  
Old 01-25-09, 12:35 AM
  #10071  
PlatyPius
Arsehole
 
PlatyPius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maaku View Post
Just wanted to repost my ***gin from a few pages back. Just got some fenders and a cup holder to make it the ultimate commuter bike. I love this thing.

Somewhere, I hear a kitten crying out in pain.....
PlatyPius is offline  
Old 01-25-09, 09:41 AM
  #10072  
obersts001
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My one-day-old Roubaix - still has the platforms on it. Forgive the crappy photo quality but you've seen this before; everything on it is stock for now until I get used to it. NY went into another cold snap overnight, so I might not be able to ride it until next weekend.

obersts001 is offline  
Old 01-25-09, 09:51 AM
  #10073  
SSevans
Outta shape !!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallastown , Pa
Posts: 22

Bikes: SS roadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my new KHS Flite 750 ... was a left over '07 at my LBS .... went for its 1st ride and my 1st in @ 7 years .... anyway more miles to come !!!



SSevans is offline  
Old 01-25-09, 12:46 PM
  #10074  
Maaku
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
Somewhere, I hear a kitten crying out in pain.....
I removed my top tube pad.. is this better?



You can't see it in this pic but there's actually a right side cross lever for even more comfort...
Maaku is offline  
Old 01-25-09, 01:15 PM
  #10075  
sheddle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 419
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
-1 cupholder
+1 alcoholic beverage in cupholder
sheddle is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.