Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Hot r Not (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/452315-hot-r-not.html)

shoota 12-07-13 07:06 PM

Both BMCs are HOTTTT!!!!

cycledogg 12-07-13 07:58 PM


Originally Posted by greensmoothie (Post 16308190)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=354128
TREK Madone 6.7 What can I do to improve the looks besides rims?

Get a different set of cages.
Cheers

c_mack9 12-07-13 10:06 PM


Originally Posted by greensmoothie (Post 16308190)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=354128
TREK Madone 6.7 What can I do to improve the looks besides rims?

Like you said, wheels, black cockpit, black bar tape, white hoods, bottle cages, and remove all the warning stickers. It'll look like a brand new bike.

bianchi10 12-07-13 10:23 PM


Originally Posted by miamijim (Post 16310397)

Not for me

save10 12-08-13 08:48 AM


Originally Posted by bianchi10 (Post 16310963)
Not for me

+1

Herbie53 12-08-13 08:51 AM


Originally Posted by bianchi10 (Post 16310963)
Not for me

+2, the odd photo angle does not help.

Dan333SP 12-08-13 09:36 AM


Originally Posted by Herbie53 (Post 16311441)
+2, the odd photo angle does not help.

+3. I like BMCs, but I never liked the seat tube/top tube/seat stay junction on that bike, and that color scheme is too busy.

gc3 12-09-13 07:08 PM

somebody post up a bike, preferably a hot one, so this thread stays on page 1...

shoota 12-09-13 10:50 PM


Originally Posted by bianchi10 (Post 16310963)
Not for me


Originally Posted by save10 (Post 16311432)
+1


Originally Posted by Herbie53 (Post 16311441)
+2, the odd photo angle does not help.

It's the angle of the picture. I've seen this bike in person and it's freaking hot.

bianchi10 12-10-13 12:05 AM


Originally Posted by shoota (Post 16316721)
It's the angle of the picture. I've seen this bike in person and it's freaking hot.

All do respect, I'm not judging this based on the photo itself. Its a not a hot for me Because:

-DEEP insertion point of seatpost
-Stack of spacers, though a majority of it is hidden from the drop
-Stack of spacer + a positive flipped....17 degree? hard to tell from the angle
-Dont care for the junction point of the top tube, down tube and seat stays.
-Dont like the shape or aesthetics of what little I can see of the seatpost.

I'm sure its a fine bike and I do realize that sometimes a photo just cant do a bike justice. For me, this is a "Not" that isn't even on the fence. This is a solid not for me. So even though you say its hot, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Nothing wrong with that.

redtires 12-10-13 12:40 AM


Originally Posted by ilvwhtgrls (Post 16305015)
Thanks, however, I prefer my King Ti Cages to carbon cages. The cage was better bottle retention, it's easier to reinsert a bottle and they're the same weight as most Arundel or carbon cages. Moreover, the juxtaposition between a carbon race bike and the old school styling is pleasant.

I will back you up on this. I've never had good experiences with carbon (or other "composite) cages. I don't go with Ti, but I do (and have for nearly 20 years) stainless steel cages. The never mark up your bottles, then never break, they weigh maybe a couple of grams more and I've not dropped a bottle with them. And yes...I think they're FAR more sexy.

gc3 12-10-13 11:13 AM


Originally Posted by redtires (Post 16316921)
I will back you up on this. I've never had good experiences with carbon (or other "composite) cages. I don't go with Ti, but I do (and have for nearly 20 years) stainless steel cages. The never mark up your bottles, then never break, they weigh maybe a couple of grams more and I've not dropped a bottle with them. And yes...I think they're FAR more sexy.

that makes two people wrong...any other takers?

ilvwhtgrls 12-10-13 12:49 PM


Originally Posted by redtires (Post 16316921)
I will back you up on this. I've never had good experiences with carbon (or other "composite) cages. I don't go with Ti, but I do (and have for nearly 20 years) stainless steel cages. The never mark up your bottles, then never break, they weigh maybe a couple of grams more and I've not dropped a bottle with them. And yes...I think they're FAR more sexy.

:thumb: Some people spend too much time worrying about how their bike looks rather than riding.

Herbie53 12-10-13 01:04 PM


Originally Posted by ilvwhtgrls (Post 16318165)
:thumb: Some people spend too much time worrying about how their bike looks rather than riding.

this is a thread about how bikes look.

ilvwhtgrls 12-10-13 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by Herbie53 (Post 16318207)
this is a thread about how bikes look.

Fair enough. However, taste or visual appeal is subjective. I'm completely smug with the choices I've made concerning my bike. I can appreciate everybody's opinion, but in the end, I didn't build this bike for others. :thumb:

WhyFi 12-10-13 01:12 PM


Originally Posted by ilvwhtgrls (Post 16318226)
...in the end, I didn't build this bike for others. :thumb:

Yeah, but you posted it here for them.

ilvwhtgrls 12-10-13 01:16 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 16318236)
Yeah, but you posted it here for them.

I did but I'm not going to change anything because of this thread. LOL, let me buy some Arundel cages because someone on the internet didn't like my choice in cages.

WhyFi 12-10-13 01:18 PM


Originally Posted by ilvwhtgrls (Post 16318246)
I did but I'm not going to change anything because of this thread. LOL, let me buy some Arundel cages because someone on the internet didn't like my choice in cages.



---====The point

Your head

ilvwhtgrls 12-10-13 01:22 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 16318250)
---====The point

Your head

:thumb:

shoota 12-10-13 01:25 PM


Originally Posted by whyfi (Post 16318250)
---====the point

your head

ha!

gc3 12-10-13 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by ilvwhtgrls (Post 16318246)
I did but I'm not going to change anything because of this thread. LOL, let me buy some Arundel cages because someone on the internet didn't like my choice in cages.

Methinks you protesteth too much. Nobody really cares whether you like the feedback you get in this particular thread. To the contrary, when someone gets their back up because they don't like the negative comments (like this case), it gets a little interesting. If you just want folks to look at your bike without commenting as to whether or not they like how it looks, there's another thread http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ke-do-you-have

shoota 12-10-13 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by gc3 (Post 16317839)
that makes two people wrong...any other takers?

I'm still kicking myself for not buying more than one Cutter (Competitive Cyclist house brand) carbon bottle cage when they were on sale for like $12. There isn't anything about it I don't like (aside from only having one).

ilvwhtgrls 12-10-13 01:35 PM

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...89853545_n.jpg

Since everyone loved my first bike, I'll post my crit bike as well!

Herbie53 12-10-13 01:39 PM

needs some Arundel cages

shoota 12-10-13 01:46 PM

Bad time to post a BMC with non-carbon cages..


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.