Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

Ricanfred 01-17-12 09:25 AM

Bontrager inForm RL saddle 146mm, DNA Italco bibs, and Capo long sleeve thermal jersey...

X-LinkedRider 01-17-12 09:32 AM


Originally Posted by a1penguin (Post 13730282)
My fenders arrived before the wet weather. And today I hit the 20% Sports Basement sale. The vents on the Bell Lumen are smaller than the Bell Alchera :-/ I'm not sure I'll keep the helmet. I don't understand why all the black helmets. Just what I want to wear in the hot sun.

I agree, helmet color actually makes a big enuough difference and yet nobody ever focuses on that. Grey also brings the sun, but the silverish ones tend to reflect the sun pretty well.

rjones28 01-17-12 01:29 PM

A jersey.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...1-17142028.jpg

Commodus 01-17-12 01:35 PM


Originally Posted by crazy canuck's (Post 13728180)

I'm thinking about getting this stem as well, just because I like the looks of it. Seems awfully expensive for the weight though. Mind telling me where you got it? How much you paid?

Nachoman 01-17-12 01:44 PM

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...50/vtf6s-1.jpg
box of threaded Co2 cartridges.

Rimmer 01-17-12 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.motorator.com/uploads/blo...0_Camera_1.jpg

XD1080
I have a feeling motorists around here would hit and run. I may post footage later.

alexaschwanden 01-17-12 11:07 PM

I got my right shifter cable that leads to the rear derailleur replaced, i guess over 5200+ miles was enough to break it. i am glad it wasnt a brake cable that broke while bombing down a hill.
http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMG_0690.jpg

crazy canuck's 01-18-12 01:49 AM


Originally Posted by Commodus (Post 13732068)
I'm thinking about getting this stem as well, just because I like the looks of it. Seems awfully expensive for the weight though. Mind telling me where you got it? How much you paid?

got used from an other cycling forum ... 150$

X-LinkedRider 01-18-12 08:32 AM


Originally Posted by Rimmer (Post 13733683)
http://www.motorator.com/uploads/blo...0_Camera_1.jpg

XD1080
I have a feeling motorists around here would hit and run. I may post footage later.

Where did you buy this from? Have you tried it out yet? Please let me know how the image stabilization is. Nothing is GREAT but some are better than others. How much did you pay for it? Very interested.

dstrong 01-18-12 08:53 AM

Picked up a right 10-sp 105 shifter yesterday so I could convert my 9-sp and have both bikes be the same. CL purchase. Listed at $65, I offered $50 then he was late for the exchange and asked for $40.

Commodus 01-18-12 09:16 AM


Originally Posted by crazy canuck's (Post 13734373)
got used from an other cycling forum ... 150$

Yup, still too much for me. I think I'll get the non carbon-wrapped version.

Thanks!

MMM.PWR 01-18-12 05:57 PM

http://cd1.newhiker.com/media/KurtKi...2832507425.jpg

$150 local craigslist. :D:D:D

phlydude 01-18-12 10:26 PM

Nice find!

Rimmer 01-18-12 10:43 PM


Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider (Post 13734882)
Where did you buy this from? Have you tried it out yet? Please let me know how the image stabilization is. Nothing is GREAT but some are better than others. How much did you pay for it? Very interested.

I just got it yesterday. $270 for the whole kit. I usually see it for $300, but I got it 10% off. It's shorter but thicker than 18650 powered flashlights. I tried it last night in the dark and today in daylight. The battery life isn't that great. They advertise 122min, but I got 80min today before the battery discharged. I changed the bitrate setting to high, so I don't know if that drains it faster or not.

So far I've only recorded in 720p at 60fps. I want to play with it more before I upload any videos. Anyway I took some snapshots of the video during playback. I don't like how the sky becomes white in one shot but oh well. I guess that's because I'm under a tree and how it handles lighting. I'm not a photographer. At night, the signs aren't readable until you get close. I had the exposure setting on 0 and saturation at 75. I probably need to fiddle with the settings. I'm going to try moving the headlight closer to the camera to see if that helps.

Day
1, 2, 3
Night
1, 2, 3

The_DK 01-18-12 11:07 PM

Just got my first set of shoes and clipless pedals... Bontrager shoes with 105 pedals. First thing I did was fall over in my living room...

X-LinkedRider 01-18-12 11:25 PM

You can't be clipped in gong nowhere (ie living room) Congrats on the purchase those 105 pedals are Fantastic for the money.

Rimmer: Those daytime shots are nice. Please upload a short video clip if and when you can. That is pretty short battery life. Can you bring along spares or no?

ilovecycling 01-19-12 12:25 AM

Finally picked up some wheels for my caad9/Record 11 build. $1310 shipped w/ mounted Corsa Evo CX tires. I couldn't pass on the deal.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...49/BoraOne.jpg

pdxtex 01-19-12 12:37 AM

i scored a pair of these on close out for 55 bucks!! sweet. should be a good spring training shoe.

shimano r086.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/catego...shoes-09-34220

Rimmer 01-19-12 10:15 AM


Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider (Post 13738332)
Rimmer: Those daytime shots are nice. Please upload a short video clip if and when you can. That is pretty short battery life. Can you bring along spares or no?

I'll test it again to see how long it lasts to make sure. I've turned it on and off quite a few times, because I was taking public transportation. I'm guessing one non-stop recording without turning off would've lasted longer. Unfortunately, the internal battery isn't replaceable. It does come with a car, USB, and wall charger. I read somewhere (not an official source) that they're going to release an external battery solution in the future. I guess some third party external battery could work.

I'll try exposure setting of 2 next time at night followed by 4. I had it on 0, and it goes from -4 to +4. You can't change settings on the go except for resolution and fps. I guess carrying two microSD cards for different settings would work optimal for day and night.

X-LinkedRider 01-19-12 12:03 PM


Originally Posted by Rimmer (Post 13739587)
I'll test it again to see how long it lasts to make sure. I've turned it on and off quite a few times, because I was taking public transportation. I'm guessing one non-stop recording without turning off would've lasted longer. Unfortunately, the internal battery isn't replaceable. It does come with a car, USB, and wall charger. I read somewhere (not an official source) that they're going to release an external battery solution in the future. I guess some third party external battery could work.

I'll try exposure setting of 2 next time at night followed by 4. I had it on 0, and it goes from -4 to +4. You can't change settings on the go except for resolution and fps. I guess carrying two microSD cards for different settings would work optimal for day and night.

Really, the settings go with the SD cards? I would think there is a CMos on the camera itself. Either way, looks like a great camera. Hope you have lots of fun with it. I still want to see some video result to see how well it handles stabilization.

sacrifice 01-19-12 12:50 PM

I usually ride in MTB shoes as sometimes I like to get off my bike and explore the trails and forest. However, my daughter and I are now doing indoor cycling classes during our 0 and below tempertures, and because my MTB shoes are really heavy, I decided it was time to buy some road shoes - Shimano R077. So far I like them. The fun part is going to be watching my daughter do clipless the first few times.....................

Rimmer 01-19-12 11:07 PM


Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider (Post 13740056)
Really, the settings go with the SD cards? I would think there is a CMos on the camera itself. Either way, looks like a great camera. Hope you have lots of fun with it. I still want to see some video result to see how well it handles stabilization.

Yes to a text file: http://replayxd.com/replay-xd1080-advanced/

I wish clarity was better for license plates. You can see them in broad daylight, and it depends on the distance. Today I rode roughly 30min before sunset (around the time where some motorists have headlights on and some don't) on the main roads under a bunch of trees with shading, and I had a harder time making out the plates of passing motorists with some cases being unreadable. I'll have to try 1080 at 30fps. There are some videos in this thread. I don't know which settings they used or if there was any compression involved when they uploaded them.

Mike F 01-19-12 11:22 PM

Wife's trainer mauled my old rear skewer pretty good (8 year old old Ascent), so I bought these.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...1-19202300.jpg

bowser29 01-20-12 12:02 AM


Originally Posted by pdxtex (Post 13738457)
i scored a pair of these on close out for 55 bucks!! sweet. should be a good spring training shoe.

shimano r086.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/catego...shoes-09-34220

where?

AlphaDogg 01-20-12 12:04 AM

Scattante Mestres. On sale at Performance for $30. LOVE them!


http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/b9616211.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/71ddcdc4.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/69464661.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.