Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

rdtompki 06-09-12 09:50 PM

Two(2) 10-speed KMC chains, large Bento-type bag, new cycling shoes, new shorts for stoker.

robotkiller 06-09-12 10:17 PM

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8152/7...724b3cd7_b.jpg

3T ARX stem

Golfster 06-09-12 11:41 PM

Shorter Stem
 
1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=255209

Slightly shorter stem.

3kmi 06-10-12 06:16 AM

Full Chorus 11 Caad9 with Fulcrum 1's off eBay for what may have been the deal of the century

MarkThailand 06-10-12 07:10 AM

More Assos chamois cream and two pairs of Castelli Body Paint bin shorts - my cycling wardrobe addition allocation for the summer riding season here in Thailand. Last week was two short sleeve jerseys. I try to keep a one-to-one match. What do others do?

Mark

st3venb 06-10-12 04:48 PM

I just rode my brand spanking new 2012 Z85 home from the shop!

http://imgur.com/KA9dC.jpg

caloso 06-10-12 05:04 PM

Sticky stuff

http://img.artscyclery.com/product/79011.jpg

HBxRider 06-10-12 05:08 PM


Originally Posted by st3venb (Post 14338066)
I just rode my brand spanking new 2012 Z85 home from the shop!

http://imgur.com/KA9dC.jpg

She's a beaut. Enjoy.

sevenmag 06-10-12 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Grats on your new bike!! I fondled a Felt my shop here and nearly bought one but opted for a Specialized Secteur.http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=255331 I ordered it on Saturday but I won't get it for a week or so.

Also I ordered some stuff to pretty up my old Motobecane. A new saddle, bar tape and new down tube shifters.

The_DK 06-10-12 07:46 PM

Replaced my Tektro R580 brakes (with salmon pads) on my CAAD 10 5 with a pair of Ultegra brakes. The difference is far above what I was hoping for.

Also bough a new pair of mich tires... found tears in the original tires.

Pinkbullet3 06-10-12 09:24 PM

What kind of difference are we talking?

uncrx2003 06-10-12 10:42 PM

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMAG0210.jpg

echotraveler 06-11-12 04:57 AM

NICE! congrats.

uncrx2003 06-11-12 06:28 AM


Originally Posted by echotraveler (Post 14339635)
NICE! congrats.

Thanks. Wasn't looking to buy any wheels but this guy was selling this brand new set for his wife for $950. I told I'd take them off of his hands.

bung 06-11-12 07:53 AM

I just bought a Curt hitch receiver and a Highland Sportwing 2 bike carrier for my Solstice. The bike carrier was $49.99 at Amazon.

http://i.imgur.com/21NXj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ns9Kz.jpg

NWS Alpine 06-11-12 08:42 AM


Originally Posted by The_DK (Post 14338704)
Replaced my Tektro R580 brakes (with salmon pads) on my CAAD 10 5 with a pair of Ultegra brakes. The difference is far above what I was hoping for.

Also bough a new pair of mich tires... found tears in the original tires.

I'm thinking of doing the same. I am having trouble keeping center with the stock tektros.

tonythomas 06-11-12 11:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi guys -
My most recent cycling related purchase: http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=255487http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=255488

Here's the full listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400299280819...84.m1423.l2648

I've only ever had a Gitane (30 years ago?) and a Trek Sport 370 that I commute daily with (BK to Manhattan - 13 miles RT).

I'm in WAY over my head. Couldn't pass it up though. Because my will power was no match for it's beauty. And I'm really freakin' impractical.

Please parse out withering comments/condemnations sparingly as you'll want to save some for my impending "Holy **** how do I build this thing!?!" thread, coming shortly.

Tony T

rekmeyata 06-11-12 11:58 AM


Originally Posted by tonythomas (Post 14341365)
Hi guys -
My most recent cycling related purchase: http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=255487http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=255488

Here's the full listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400299280819...84.m1423.l2648

I've only ever had a Gitane (30 years ago?) and a Trek Sport 370 that I commute daily with (BK to Manhattan - 13 miles RT).

I'm in WAY over my head. Couldn't pass it up though. Because my will power was no match for it's beauty. And I'm really freakin' impractical.

Please parse out withering comments/condemnations sparingly as you'll want to save some for my impending "Holy **** how do I build this thing!?!" thread, coming shortly.

Tony T

Holy schit, how do you build that thing? Just kidding, it's a sweet bike. So I assume your going to drill it for brakes? Or do you have velodrome in your area?

tonythomas 06-11-12 12:25 PM


Originally Posted by rekmeyata (Post 14341409)
Holy schit, how do you build that thing? Just kidding, it's a sweet bike. So I assume your going to drill it for brakes? Or do you have velodrome in your area?

We *do* have a velodrome in my area (well, Queens, about 10 miles away) as well as one in Lehigh, PA (about 90 miles away). I do want to give one of the beginner track programs a shot, but I primarily plan on riding it to and from work on nice days and never locking it outside, *ever*. I'm not gonna have the fork/frame drilled. I couldn't do that. For the street, gonna go for the dia compe clamp on brakes (the ones that make it look like the front fork has a herpes scar), although I'm still knocking around looking in to getting a drilled fork. I hear tell that Mr. Nagasawa insists on drilled forks for bikes he knows are going to be used on the street (if you're lucky enough get on his waiting list). Makes me wonder if I might be able to buy a fork direct or from Tokyo Fixed or Track Supermarket. I know the finish won't match but maybe full chromed would look good. Not sure how down the NJS hole I'm gonna fall, but I know it's not gonna be full. Clinchers, not tubulars for sure. The rest I'm still agonizing over. Phil Wood? Shimano? Campy? Profile? I do know it will not have Deep V's.

rekmeyata 06-12-12 02:06 AM


Originally Posted by tonythomas (Post 14341546)
We *do* have a velodrome in my area (well, Queens, about 10 miles away) as well as one in Lehigh, PA (about 90 miles away). I do want to give one of the beginner track programs a shot, but I primarily plan on riding it to and from work on nice days and never locking it outside, *ever*. I'm not gonna have the fork/frame drilled. I couldn't do that. For the street, gonna go for the dia compe clamp on brakes (the ones that make it look like the front fork has a herpes scar), although I'm still knocking around looking in to getting a drilled fork. I hear tell that Mr. Nagasawa insists on drilled forks for bikes he knows are going to be used on the street (if you're lucky enough get on his waiting list). Makes me wonder if I might be able to buy a fork direct or from Tokyo Fixed or Track Supermarket. I know the finish won't match but maybe full chromed would look good. Not sure how down the NJS hole I'm gonna fall, but I know it's not gonna be full. Clinchers, not tubulars for sure. The rest I'm still agonizing over. Phil Wood? Shimano? Campy? Profile? I do know it will not have Deep V's.

Well whatever you do to the bike it still won't change it from being a fantastic bike built by one of the best frame builders in the world. I would e-mail him about the fork issue and see what he recommends.

Component wise, and this is strickly a personal opinion, that because the bike is so classic looking I would find silver finish components instead of this new age black stuff.

Ndw76 06-12-12 04:34 AM

I just came back from the LBS with a set of Look Easy clipless pedals and a pair of monogrammed Northwave cycling shoes. It wasn't until I walked out of the door that I noticed that they had my initials on the heal.

3kmi 06-12-12 01:37 PM

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/a...5/photo-14.jpg

c_mack9 06-13-12 03:55 PM

new kit and ultegra 6700 11-28t cassette for the new wheels i'm waiting on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-54-10_545.jpg

midschool22 06-13-12 07:46 PM

New pedals.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/7c9139f0.jpg

rangerdavid 06-13-12 07:49 PM


Originally Posted by c_mack9 (Post 14352639)
new kit and ultegra 6700 11-28t cassette for the new wheels i'm waiting on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-54-10_545.jpg


That's purdy.


:thumb:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.