Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

c_mack9 06-13-12 09:06 PM

thank ya. wore it to the wednesday night championships tonight. it was pretty comfy. looking forward to trying it on a long ride soon.

ARPRINCE 06-15-12 03:58 PM

Blue HED branded skewer nuts. To replace the red ones that came stock on my Jet 4FR skewers.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3808/dpp5482.jpg

echotraveler 06-17-12 08:06 PM

got black sworks chainrings!!!
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2012-Speciali...tHw~~60_57.JPG

NWS Alpine 06-17-12 08:18 PM


Originally Posted by c_mack9 (Post 14353824)
thank ya. wore it to the wednesday night championships tonight. it was pretty comfy. looking forward to trying it on a long ride soon.

Looks great. Would be perfect for an Oregon Ducks fan minus non Nike.

dayday82 06-17-12 08:26 PM

How much did you get those for?


Originally Posted by midschool22 (Post 14353495)


dayday82 06-17-12 08:27 PM

Where did you get that kit? It's nice!


Originally Posted by c_mack9 (Post 14352639)
new kit and ultegra 6700 11-28t cassette for the new wheels i'm waiting on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-54-10_545.jpg


c_mack9 06-17-12 09:43 PM

got it on sale at r&a cycles. they have crazy fast shipping, and lots of capo kits on sale at good prices. size up though, im 6'0 175lbs i got xl bibs and medium jersey. both are a little snug. they fit like castelli.

L84AD8 06-18-12 03:36 AM

2012 Specialized Romin Evo Expert 143mm. Quite disappointed to find 232g reading on the scale when advertised at 205g on their website..:notamused:
But so far, the comfort level "outweighs" the weight penalty (was using a 186g San Marco previously)..:innocent:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/7...aed68ae1_z.jpg

ckp71 06-18-12 06:30 AM

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Moto...in?$thumbnail$

bgross 06-18-12 07:30 AM

Bought my bride/stoker a new saddle.
She was out of town when it arrived, so I took it for a test ride ... or two.

She LOVES it so much that she MADE me buy one for myself.

http://www.selleanatomica.com/products/


Selle An-atomica Titanico. They're having a sale on selected colors, 'while supplies last':

rekmeyata 06-18-12 08:01 AM


Originally Posted by L84AD8 (Post 14370374)
2012 Specialized Romin Evo Expert 143mm. Quite disappointed to find 232g reading on the scale when advertised at 205g on their website..:notamused:
But so far, the comfort level "outweighs" the weight penalty (was using a 186g San Marco previously)..:innocent:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/7...aed68ae1_z.jpg

That's nothing unusual, most manufactures for anything road bike related underestimate their weights so roadies will buy, from an entire bicycle down to a simple rim strip and everything in between.

NWS Alpine 06-18-12 08:27 AM


Originally Posted by rekmeyata (Post 14371002)
That's nothing unusual, most manufactures for anything road bike related underestimate their weights so roadies will buy, from an entire bicycle down to a simple rim strip and everything in between.

My Romin Evo Pro came in under weight at the 143 size. It was 169g. Must be an error on their site.

soma5 06-18-12 08:36 AM

Specialized Romin Expert 130. Perfect!

L84AD8 06-18-12 09:34 AM


Originally Posted by rekmeyata (Post 14371002)
That's nothing unusual, most manufactures for anything road bike related underestimate their weights so roadies will buy, from an entire bicycle down to a simple rim strip and everything in between.

Well, yes and no.. for many cases that is true, for example my San Marco's claimed to be 166g, it even has a label on the packaging to say that.. but then I'm not too surprised the Italian saddle weighed more than claimed, as I've found most people experiencing the same thing.

What surprised me was that most reports of Specialized saddles found the weight to be pretty much spot on to claimed (as two posts above mine proves), while mine turned out to be 27g more! I actually utilized Specialized's trial saddles program that had cro-mo rails which I weighed (out of curiosity) to find 229g, while my ti railed version came out heavier..:twitchy:

Ok, I'm not a real weight weenie and I can't feel any difference this 27g makes, I bought them for the form and comfort factor, but just saying..:rolleyes:

rekmeyata 06-18-12 01:16 PM


Originally Posted by NWS Alpine (Post 14371148)
My Romin Evo Pro came in under weight at the 143 size. It was 169g. Must be an error on their site.

Let me repeat myself, I said "unusual" and then used the words "most", I didn't not say they all do that. Please reread my post where I stated that to get a better understanding.

NWS Alpine 06-18-12 01:26 PM


Originally Posted by rekmeyata (Post 14372850)
Let me repeat myself, I said "unusual" and then used the words "most", I didn't not say they all do that. Please reread my post where I stated that to get a better understanding.

I wasn't arguing with you. I was pointing out that my Evo in a different model was withing a few grams of the advertised weight. Stating that it must be an error on the site and not just a margin or error or outlier.

rekmeyata 06-18-12 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by NWS Alpine (Post 14372918)
I wasn't arguing with you. I was pointing out that my Evo in a different model was withing a few grams of the advertised weight. Stating that it must be an error on the site and not just a margin or error or outlier.

I get you, some manufactures overestimate their products but not near as many who underestimate because weight sells...so do pretty girls who don't have a clue about cycling except they have wheels that go around and around and it takes too much energy to get the bike moving! All my bikes except for two was underestimated, one was just about dead on, and the other was lighter then specd. I got tired of chasing weights, I just buy whatever I think is good and could care less about the weight.

midschool22 06-19-12 02:49 AM


Originally Posted by dayday82 (Post 14369673)
How much did you get those for?

$118 through Nashbar.

Flatballer 06-19-12 06:18 PM

http://www.excelcycle.com/blog/wp-co...x-white-v1.jpg

Ghost Ryder 06-20-12 11:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=257267
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=257268

st3venb 06-20-12 01:35 PM

http://i.imgur.com/BMTsO.jpg

Billet aluminum presta valve caps... Plastic ones were starting to strip out cause of being removed and put back on all the time. These are nice and solid and weigh almost nothing as well.

rekmeyata 06-20-12 01:47 PM


Originally Posted by st3venb (Post 14382838)
http://i.imgur.com/BMTsO.jpg

Billet aluminum presta valve caps... Plastic ones were starting to strip out cause of being removed and put back on all the time. These are nice and solid and weigh almost nothing as well.

I guess my question is: why? You get new caps every time you buy a tube, and all my caps last far longer then the tubes do, I have a set of yellow plastic caps I've used for over 10 years.

st3venb 06-20-12 01:49 PM


Originally Posted by rekmeyata (Post 14382905)
I guess my question is: why? You get new caps every time you buy a tube, and all my caps last far longer then the tubes do, I have a set of yellow plastic caps I've used for over 10 years.


Cause I'm vain and I liked the way they looked. I've got 180+ miles on my road bike and haven't had a flat. And even if I do.. I'll just switch the cap over to the new tube.

rpeterson 06-20-12 01:52 PM

You know what weighs even less than special valve caps? No valve caps at all.

st3venb 06-20-12 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by rpeterson (Post 14382926)
You know what weighs even less than special valve caps? No valve caps at all.


Yep, but they don't look as good.

http://i.imgur.com/Al4tL.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.