Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

campylover 12-02-12 06:21 AM

My LOOK Keo Carbon Blades showed up yesterday in the mail!

surgeonstone 12-02-12 08:01 AM

One of these if I can convince the boss of how essential it is to my survival.

http://www.showerspass.com/catalog/m...lite-21-jacket

alexaschwanden 12-02-12 02:21 PM

I got one of these as a early Christmas gift, it works great.
http://gearwestbike.com/product/gore...acket-4785.htm

rvk5150 12-03-12 08:18 AM

Picked up a trainer and brought my baby indoors...could not take the treadmill (no love for running and hard on my knees); loving it so far! I got a nice Cyber Monday Deal from Performance....trainer with mat/front tire elevation for under $150 shipped.

Toytruckmike 12-04-12 09:59 AM

Got these one the way.
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Michelin-Pro4...7E%7E60_57.JPG

And some Cannondale skewers to use until I find a great deal on some Shimano Dura Ace or Ultegra, etc.

Hoping these tires work as good as some older Michelin tires I had for puncture resistance. I hate flats.
Cheers
Michael

Genaro 12-04-12 10:11 AM

Picked up a practially new Tiagra 12-30 cassette to replace my current Ultegra 11-28. Hopefully give me a little more gear for some of the tougher climbs out here. Will install it when I get my new KMC chain this week.

st3venb 12-04-12 10:29 AM

To ride in the early morning, or evening...
http://i.imgur.com/6mmWS.jpg

JonnyHK 12-06-12 06:11 AM

Assos winter bib knicks (3/4 length).

They'd better be warm for the price of them...

Crappymonkey 12-06-12 06:59 AM

I started a $10/month sub to TrainerRoad. So far it's MUCH better than a trainer with nothing but a tv or a video.

X-LinkedRider 12-06-12 08:47 AM


Originally Posted by Genaro (Post 15014154)
Picked up a practially new Tiagra 12-30 cassette to replace my current Ultegra 11-28. Hopefully give me a little more gear for some of the tougher climbs out here. Will install it when I get my new KMC chain this week.

what derailluers do you have? I don't think an Ultegra RD will will shift up to 30.

Genaro 12-06-12 10:08 AM


Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider (Post 15021343)
what derailluers do you have? I don't think an Ultegra RD will will shift up to 30.

I have the regular cage 6700 derrailer.
The person who sold it to me bought it to test on his bikes with similar set up. It fit his bikes so he picked up a couple Ultegra 12-30 and is running them on his bikes now with similar set up as mine.
I also did alot of reading and read many were successful. I'm currently running 50/34 compact and 11/28 rear.

neospazzy 12-07-12 06:36 AM


Originally Posted by bon_gabs (Post 14981349)

Me jealous! Beautiful bike and smart component choices!

Drag 12-07-12 12:01 PM

http://www.cianperez.com/photos/d/19...B5BT3227bw.jpg

droppedandlost 12-07-12 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=287371

Drag 12-07-12 12:22 PM

http://www.cianperez.com/photos/d/19207-2/B5BT3235.jpg

M_Wales 12-07-12 03:08 PM


Originally Posted by Drag (Post 15026105)


Originally Posted by Drag (Post 15026181)


Love the shallow DOF in these shots.. What lens and f/stop?

Drag 12-07-12 03:25 PM


Originally Posted by M_Wales (Post 15026764)
Love the shallow DOF in these shots.. What lens and f/stop?

Thanx! Shot with a Canon 24-70/2.8L on a 1DS at f2.8.

This series is part of a pending build.

http://www.cianperez.com/photos/d/19235-2/B5BT3242.jpg

Similar to others here, photography is among my money-pit hobbies. I often wish I could take my cameras with me on my rides. Instead I settle for cellphone pics (which altogether arent too bad given how good these cellphones have become).

PatrickGSR94 12-07-12 08:00 PM

Same here. I have a Tamron 28-105 f/2.8 35mm Nikon lens handed down to me from my dad (has done amateur and professional photography for nearly 50 years), which on my Nikon DSLR with crop factor works out to an effective 42-158mm. Full zoom at f/2.8 makes for some GREAT shallow DOF shots. :)

AlphaDogg 12-08-12 11:44 PM

New hitch rack. Paid for it about 2 weeks ago, but it only arrived at the local Performance shop on Thursday. Put it together in about 45 minutes and put my bike on it. It's very stable. It holds the wheels and has a brace over the top tube. Great deal for $108 on Cyber Monday!
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes..._1031409_-1___


http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...53CE44DD65.jpg




Most of the reviews for it say that the stock hardware strips really easily and some have even lost their bikes on the highway because of this, so I'm headed to a hardware store tomorrow to replace the nuts and bolts with higher quality ones

3kmi 12-09-12 08:58 PM

just pulled the trigger on a used Gaulzetti Corsa frame set in fluorescent yellow. Will be built up with the parts off my CAAD9 (Record 11, EEbrakes, SiSL wired SRM, Chris King laced to Hed Belgium tubulars). Super stoked. Build pics to follow.

aramis 12-09-12 09:14 PM


Originally Posted by AlphaDogg (Post 15030873)
Most of the reviews for it say that the stock hardware strips really easily and some have even lost their bikes on the highway because of this, so I'm headed to a hardware store tomorrow to replace the nuts and bolts with higher quality ones

When you're at the hardware store, get some blue Loctite (medium strength thread locking compound) and use that on any hardware you replace and it won't ever back out.

Andy Somnifac 12-10-12 06:34 AM

http://www.aspirevelotech.com/images...ack-Medium.jpg
Thompson Elite X2 Stem.

It was the last component on my bike I needed (OK, wanted) to upgrade. She's now complete. That's not to say there aren't a couple items that couldn't be upgrades (pedals maybe), but I'm happy with it the way it is.

Genaro 12-10-12 10:45 AM


Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider (Post 15021343)
what derailluers do you have? I don't think an Ultegra RD will will shift up to 30.

Confirmed now. It worked. Took my new chain and just added 2 links links to my current chain lenght and worked perfectly.

Genaro 12-10-12 10:50 AM


Originally Posted by AlphaDogg (Post 15030873)
New hitch rack. Paid for it about 2 weeks ago, but it only arrived at the local Performance shop on Thursday. Put it together in about 45 minutes and put my bike on it. It's very stable. It holds the wheels and has a brace over the top tube. Great deal for $108 on Cyber Monday!
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes..._1031409_-1___


http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...53CE44DD65.jpg




Most of the reviews for it say that the stock hardware strips really easily and some have even lost their bikes on the highway because of this, so I'm headed to a hardware store tomorrow to replace the nuts and bolts with higher quality ones

Thats the rack I was going to get but ended up getting the 4 bike Thule hitch rack because I could also use it to carry my wife and daughters bikes on family rides. Would like to pick one of these up as I don't really like putting my road bike on the Thule

primov8 12-10-12 10:56 AM

After wasting time going back and forth on the price and playing the waiting game for the De Rosa Idol, I decided to pass it up even though I really wanted that black/gold frameset. I figured my two current builds were more than enough and would just stick to going SR11-EPS on the Noah.

That was until last week when my brother found a frameset I had coveted back in 2010-2011; but at the time, I couldn't justify spending (X) amount of dollars for a bike, yet alone just a frameset. Obviously, my views have changed and since I gave up on the Idol, I got this instead:

2011 Cervelo S3 Norwegian Red
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8219/8...f2753f62_c.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.