Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Old 09-10-13, 08:15 PM
  #10251  
Mostly Harmless
 
rjones28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chittenango, NY
Posts: 56,675

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13763 Post(s)
Liked 4,566 Times in 2,527 Posts
Originally Posted by bianchi10
I have this one. wish it was smaller and lighter though. always hate putting it in my back pocket
But do you like the way it works?
__________________
Originally Posted by patentcad
If this thread doesn't go 10 pages I'm quitting BF.
rjones28 is offline  
Old 09-10-13, 08:29 PM
  #10252  
King Hoternot
 
bianchi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 5,255

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haven't used it yet....KNOCK ON WOOD
bianchi10 is offline  
Old 09-10-13, 08:53 PM
  #10253  
Mostly Harmless
 
rjones28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chittenango, NY
Posts: 56,675

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13763 Post(s)
Liked 4,566 Times in 2,527 Posts
I hit my lifetime quota for hand pumping tires by the side of the road this summer, so I had to make the switch to co2.
__________________
Originally Posted by patentcad
If this thread doesn't go 10 pages I'm quitting BF.
rjones28 is offline  
Old 09-10-13, 09:51 PM
  #10254  
gc3
Falls Downalot
 
gc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,103

Bikes: Now I Got Two

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rjones28
I hit my lifetime quota for hand pumping tires by the side of the road this summer, so I had to make the switch to co2.
That device looks like it could kill a squirrel. I'm mechanically challenged, so I use one of these:
gc3 is offline  
Old 09-10-13, 10:43 PM
  #10255  
Just a person on bike
 
daihard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,140

Bikes: 2015 Trek 1.1, 2021 Specialized Roubaix, 2022 Tern HSD S+

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Bought Ortlieb front runners for the rear rack...

__________________

The value of your life doesn't change based on the way you travel. - Dawn Schellenberg (SDOT)
daihard is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 01:07 AM
  #10256  
?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Winter time. More toys.


https://www.fasttech.com/products/160...00-lumen-white
mrbubbles is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 05:56 AM
  #10257  
Banned.
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,497

Bikes: Black Incs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gc3
That device looks like it could kill a squirrel. I'm mechanically challenged, so I use one of these:
Even that one looks complicated to me
bmcphx is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 06:04 AM
  #10258  
Senior Member
 
Herbie53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,621
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcphx
Even that one looks complicated to me
I have that one. I think you could probably work it with only a few hours instruction.
Herbie53 is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 08:18 AM
  #10259  
Senior Member
 
TromboneAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Far, Far Northern California
Posts: 2,873

Bikes: 1997 Specialized M2Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rjones28


But do you like the way it works?
I have that exact inflator, and am happy with it.

Tips:

1. You must try it out in your garage first so that you know how to use it.

2. If you use it with a 12-gram cartridge, be sure to put a washer or a dime in the bottom or it will not seal properly.

3. After I go through my box of 12 gram cartridges, I'm going to buy 16 gram threaded cartridges, and screw the expense. Apparently with the threaded cartridges, you only need the head part, so you can save a little space.
TromboneAl is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 08:51 AM
  #10260  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another helmet... Bontrager Specter - White

cmtbiz is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 08:54 AM
  #10261  
Still can't climb
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Limey in Taiwan
Posts: 23,024
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
2 Jersey's for £15, helmet (green/white) £20.

Sporting goods shop now selling more cycling stuff.
__________________
coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

No @coasting, you should stay 100% as you are right now, don't change a thing....quote Heathpack
coasting is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 09:15 AM
  #10262  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 548

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcphx
Even that one looks complicated to me
I wasted about 3 CO2 cartridges when I first tried using mine because I couldn't figure out how to use it. Luckily it was helping other people and not on my own spare tire, so at least I was able to ride off in shame. Once I finally realized how it worked, I haven't had the need to use it yet. Common sense isn't so common as they say .
cvall91 is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 09:16 AM
  #10263  
Senior Member
 
ill.clyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brodhead, WI - south of Madison
Posts: 2,928

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ill.clyde
My former LBS is getting out of the "Specialized" business and only selling Trek going forward. So they're blowing out all the Spesh merch.

I got a pair of Comp MTB shoes, a pair of gloves and a Bar Phat grip tape kit, each 40% off.
Going to swing by there tonight and see if they have a Spesh saddle ... the stock saddle on my Jake is going to be summarily disposed of in a fire. I'm convinced it's a torture device
ill.clyde is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 09:22 AM
  #10264  
Senior Member
 
SpeshulEd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,088
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
3. After I go through my box of 12 gram cartridges, I'm going to buy 16 gram threaded cartridges, and screw the expense. Apparently with the threaded cartridges, you only need the head part, so you can save a little space.
Buy in bulk from some place like Amazon, my threaded 16's were far less expensive than anything from a bike shop or the like. And I have a pile of them.
__________________
Hey guys, lets go play bikes! Strava

SpeshulEd is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 10:27 AM
  #10265  
Senior Member
 
TromboneAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Far, Far Northern California
Posts: 2,873

Bikes: 1997 Specialized M2Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Buy in bulk from some place like Amazon, my threaded 16's were far less expensive than anything from a bike shop or the like. And I have a pile of them.
I got 25 12 g Daisy cartridges for 19.81 including shipping ($.79 each - Amazon).

I could buy 30 16 g threaded cartridges for $39.93 including shipping ($1.33 each - Amazon).

I liked the idea that 12 g is just right for my tire size. Just push the button and it inflates fully. However, now I realize that isn't such a big advantage, and that the 16 g threadeds are worth the small extra expense.
TromboneAl is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 02:17 PM
  #10266  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 100

Bikes: 2014 S-Works Tarmac/2013 Venge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wasn't the most recent purchase, but it came in today. I know a few people PM'd me wanting to see accurate color representation of it.

itrsteve is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 02:48 PM
  #10267  
Senior Member
 
PatrickGSR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Memphis TN area
Posts: 7,391

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
lol I swear it throws me for a loop seeing the same pics here and on Honda-Tech
PatrickGSR94 is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 03:07 PM
  #10268  
King Hoternot
 
bianchi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 5,255

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by itrsteve
Wasn't the most recent purchase, but it came in today. I know a few people PM'd me wanting to see accurate color representation of it.

Sweeeeet baby jeebus that looks hot! any chance you can take a picture of the frame up against a wall? PLEASE start a new thread and post LOTS of pictures when you build that thang up!
bianchi10 is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 04:26 PM
  #10269  
gc3
Falls Downalot
 
gc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,103

Bikes: Now I Got Two

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Buy in bulk from some place like Amazon, my threaded 16's were far less expensive than anything from a bike shop or the like. And I have a pile of them.
this is the one instance that WALMART is your friend...
gc3 is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 04:52 PM
  #10270  
Senior Member
 
robbyville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Posts: 2,504

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Received my first power meter today, now just gotta learn how to best use it for training...

Stages Dura Ace 9000
https://www.stagescycling.com/stagespower-models
robbyville is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 06:05 PM
  #10271  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 100

Bikes: 2014 S-Works Tarmac/2013 Venge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robbyville
Received my first power meter today, now just gotta learn how to best use it for training...

Stages Dura Ace 9000
https://www.stagescycling.com/stagespower-models
Nice!!! My Ultegra one shipped on Monday, only a 3 week turnaround. As far as learning the power stuff, I read roughly half of this and it's pretty awesome. Definitely changes my perspective on everything, not just training with power.

https://www.amazon.com/Training-Racin.../dp/1934030554

Originally Posted by bianchi10
Sweeeeet baby jeebus that looks hot! any chance you can take a picture of the frame up against a wall? PLEASE start a new thread and post LOTS of pictures when you build that thang up!
It's still at the shop, going to leave it at the wall since they sell 1-2 s-works bikes a year (very small market) so it's cool to have on display. I'm waiting for the new Ultegra Di2 stuff to come out in Nov/Dec so I probably will not have it on the road till spring unfortunately. Maybe I'll put it in the hot or not thread and get commented on my bars not being dropped low enough or something.

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
lol I swear it throws me for a loop seeing the same pics here and on Honda-Tech
ha!
itrsteve is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 06:20 PM
  #10272  
Senior Member
 
permanentjaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dunbar
How much did you pay for it? I'm selling one of those.
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. It's an 08' OCR C3. I paid $550.
permanentjaun is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 06:40 PM
  #10273  
Senior Member
 
SpeshulEd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,088
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
I got 25 12 g Daisy cartridges for 19.81 including shipping ($.79 each - Amazon).

I could buy 30 16 g threaded cartridges for $39.93 including shipping ($1.33 each - Amazon).

I liked the idea that 12 g is just right for my tire size. Just push the button and it inflates fully. However, now I realize that isn't such a big advantage, and that the 16 g threadeds are worth the small extra expense.
I'm a total dork and leave the last little bit of gas in there, as long as it's screwed in tight, it seems to hold pretty well. Of course, I seem to get flats practically hourly, so the gas never has time to leak out.

Originally Posted by gc3
this is the one instance that WALMART is your friend...
I'm down to my last 4, I should probably stock up again. I should check out walmart, however, I try to avoid that store at all costs.

Also, I want the cannondale water bottles with the bunnies humping on them (even thought I know they'll be junk) and ordering more cartridges from amazon would give me an excuse to pick them up.
__________________
Hey guys, lets go play bikes! Strava

SpeshulEd is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 06:41 PM
  #10274  
Senior Member
 
robbyville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Posts: 2,504

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by itrsteve
Nice!!! My Ultegra one shipped on Monday, only a 3 week turnaround. As far as learning the power stuff, I read roughly half of this and it's pretty awesome. Definitely changes my perspective on everything, not just training with power.

https://www.amazon.com/Training-Racin.../dp/1934030554



It's still at the shop, going to leave it at the wall since they sell 1-2 s-works bikes a year (very small market) so it's cool to have on display. I'm waiting for the new Ultegra Di2 stuff to come out in Nov/Dec so I probably will not have it on the road till spring unfortunately. Maybe I'll put it in the hot or not thread and get commented on my bars not being dropped low enough or something.



ha!
thanks for the link greatly appreciated. I didn't realize they had already made the new ultegra version congrats! I hope and think that this will be a great power meter option for the masses. In my case I really wanted to stick with dura ace and the only option other than stages was SRM at 3k or so. I just couldn't imagine doing that as a recreational cyclist
robbyville is offline  
Old 09-11-13, 06:54 PM
  #10275  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 100

Bikes: 2014 S-Works Tarmac/2013 Venge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robbyville
thanks for the link greatly appreciated. I didn't realize they had already made the new ultegra version congrats! I hope and think that this will be a great power meter option for the masses. In my case I really wanted to stick with dura ace and the only option other than stages was SRM at 3k or so. I just couldn't imagine doing that as a recreational cyclist
They technically haven't released the 6800 one I don't believe, I sort of jumped the gun on ordering it before I made my mind up on the groupo. If it turns out that there is a compatibility issue with a 6700 crank on a 6800 group then I'll work it from there.
itrsteve is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.