Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

celticfrost 01-15-14 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by greenteei89 (Post 16411945)
Just picked up this 2001 Colnago Dream Frameset. Cant wait to build it up. :) http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359670

Cipollini it up w/ this and maybe a gold chain (for you and/or your bike)

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359721

Jakedatc 01-15-14 04:35 PM


Originally Posted by Square Wheels (Post 16412993)
Either that's not a pic of your box, you got 12 boxes like this, or you need a little assistance with your math. :p

ha good catch. not my box. i got a box of 12 not 12 boxes. at around 1.50 per vs 3.50 at REI and bike shop.

soma5 01-15-14 05:03 PM

Ergon TP-1 cleat attachment jig. There are models for several pedal/cleat types. I got the Shimano SPD-SL version. It's a clever and quick way to get your cleats adjusted the same way each time.

Silvercivic27 01-15-14 06:44 PM

I just bought one of those burger bags. I love this thread!

NABodie 01-15-14 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up the bike over the weekend and put some new shoes, pedals, and tape on it.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5483/1...9c9990b8_o.jpg

spectastic 01-15-14 08:13 PM

http://www.ebaypa.com/albums/20120005/sku087974-5.jpg
$18 knockoffs. not bad actually.

VA_Esquire 01-15-14 09:00 PM


Originally Posted by Silvercivic27 (Post 16414397)
I just bought one of those burger bags. I love this thread!

Nice! Get ready for a lot of convos to come from it haha

Element GT 01-15-14 11:14 PM

Upgraded to a pair of cycling shoes that actually fit for this season! Northwave Evolutions

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...61047347_n.jpg

sbxx1985 01-15-14 11:36 PM

Almost done.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps733e6078.jpg

spectastic 01-16-14 09:10 AM


Originally Posted by VA_Esquire (Post 16411914)
Forgot to post a photo of my bike I recently purchased.
http://i.imgur.com/gS2vrZl.jpg

I bet everyone checks out your buns when they're behind you.

IndySC 01-16-14 06:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Late (personal) Christmas in the household.

Picked up one of these
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359899

One of these
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359900

One of these
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359901

And a set of these
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359902

Dedicating myself to becoming a better cyclist this year. Let the fun begin!!

Element GT 01-16-14 06:35 PM

Nice! I'd like to get a Garmin this season.

IndySC 01-16-14 07:13 PM


Originally Posted by Element GT (Post 16417263)
Nice! I'd like to get a Garmin this season.

Mine just arrived today, along with another inch of snow :bang:.

Element GT 01-16-14 07:17 PM


Originally Posted by IndySC (Post 16417344)
Mine just arrived today, along with another inch of snow :bang:.


Ouch, my shoes came yesterday with rain.

IndySC 01-16-14 07:33 PM


Originally Posted by Element GT (Post 16417350)
Ouch, my shoes came yesterday with rain.

Like the shoes. Look very breathable, but not fun in the rain.

jaxgtr 01-16-14 09:08 PM

These at 9 am on Jan 17th when they start taking orders

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server16....1280.1280.jpg

MattCycle 01-16-14 09:42 PM

https://www.ridepdw.com/sites/defaul...?itok=Us9yLxju
Portland Design Works Little Silver

bonz50 01-17-14 09:55 AM

yeah!! let the torture begin!!!

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/trisports/cycl...-trainer-2.jpg

lsberrios1 01-17-14 10:24 AM


Originally Posted by bonz50 (Post 16418600)

:lol: Enjoy! If used properly, it WILL make you a faster rider :beer:

bonz50 01-17-14 10:29 AM


Originally Posted by lsberrios1 (Post 16418702)
:lol: Enjoy! If used properly, it WILL make you a faster rider :beer:

I just signed up with trainerroad, will be doing the FTP baseline next week after my speed/cadence sensor arrives and beginning to work thru the sufferfest rides shortly after that. bring the pain!!

lsberrios1 01-17-14 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bonz50 (Post 16418716)
I just signed up with trainerroad, will be doing the FTP baseline next week after my speed/cadence sensor arrives and beginning to work thru the sufferfest rides shortly after that. bring the pain!!

Are you training with power? While you can definitely work out with HR, power takes it to a WHOLE different level, specially on the trainer.

Take a look at my Tuesday, Thursday night routine powerwise on my trainer. I dont use the HR anymore since it keeps falling off my chest.

PS. You can see a pee break at minute 45+/-

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359982

RPK79 01-17-14 10:41 AM


Originally Posted by lsberrios1 (Post 16418733)
Are you training with power? While you can definitely work out with HR, power takes it to a WHOLE different level, specially on the trainer.

Take a look at my Tuesday, Thursday night routine powerwise on my trainer. I dont use the HR anymore since it keeps falling off my chest.

PS. You can see a pee break at minute 45+/-

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359982

You almost dialed it up to 400 watts!

bonz50 01-17-14 10:43 AM


Originally Posted by lsberrios1 (Post 16418733)
Are you training with power? While you can definitely work out with HR, power takes it to a WHOLE different level, specially on the trainer.

Take a look at my Tuesday, Thursday night routine powerwise on my trainer. I dont use the HR anymore since it keeps falling off my chest.

PS. You can see a pee break at minute 45+/-

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359982

I'm not yet, waiting for the speed/cad sensor to arrive for that. I can't afford a power tap wheel so my power training will be limited to trainer time over winter using the TR power curves of the trainer. maybe some day I will, but frankly I want a new bike this year first, WAY ahead of a tap on the list of thing I want/need. :P

lsberrios1 01-17-14 10:45 AM


Originally Posted by RPK79 (Post 16418762)
You almost dialed it up to 400 watts!

:lol: I almost did but I couldn't! You can definitely tell that was a desperate attempt to finish the interval :). I could do short, high intensity intervals all day.. but those freaking 15-20 minute threshold intervals are effin killers!

lsberrios1 01-17-14 10:47 AM


Originally Posted by bonz50 (Post 16418779)
I'm not yet, waiting for the speed/cad sensor to arrive for that. I can't afford a power tap wheel so my power training will be limited to trainer time over winter using the TR power curves of the trainer. maybe some day I will, but frankly I want a new bike this year first, WAY ahead of a tap on the list of thing I want/need. :P

Sounds like a plan. Enjoy (hate) your new trainer. Make sure you use it though, it quickly becomes a really expensive bike stand for a lot of riders.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.