Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

spdntrxi 03-25-15 06:46 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 17660492)
Hey guys, I would take all that arguing somewhere else if I were you.

Just a tip. :)


little over cleaning.. my comments to BMCPHX.. were all positive

bmcphx 03-25-15 07:10 PM


Originally Posted by spdntrxi (Post 17662265)
little over cleaning.. my comments to BMCPHX.. were all positive

Yup, but I understand these guys cleaning the whole convo out. I okay with ribbing and button pushing from people who I know well enough to be able to see what's going on. If you aren't that close to me then wtf are you acting like you are, right!?

RR3 03-25-15 07:13 PM

Today I got 3 pairs Assos bibs (Mille s5 and S7 Cento), Assos S13 jersey, Assos crono skinsuit, fender junk, and a couple wool jerseys.

I am complex.

bmcphx 03-25-15 07:18 PM


Originally Posted by RR3 (Post 17662362)
Today I got 3 pairs Assos bibs (Mille s5 and S7 Cento), Assos S13 jersey, Assos crono skinsuit, fender junk, and a couple wool jerseys.

I am complex.

Nice buys. I've worn my centos a few times and they are my second favorite in the lineup after the neopro oddly enough. I just wish I could buy their jerseys too but they don't seem to make any for skinny people. :(

redtires 03-25-15 07:20 PM


Originally Posted by spdntrxi (Post 17662260)
I better like how it feels on my back...

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/028...g?v=1424902280


What......is.......that.....and......where....do...I.....get.....ONE???

redtires 03-25-15 07:22 PM

New SRAM chain and a Cygolight HotShot 2 watt USB blinky. That light is ridiculously bright in the daytime...and small.

spdntrxi 03-25-15 07:29 PM


Originally Posted by redtires (Post 17662390)
What......is.......that.....and......where....do...I.....get.....ONE???

water field cycling pouch... not cheap.

Cycling Ride Pouch ? WaterField Designs

redtires 03-25-15 07:41 PM


Originally Posted by spdntrxi (Post 17662435)
water field cycling pouch... not cheap.

Cycling Ride Pouch ? WaterField Designs

Nice! Thanks.

Gus90 03-25-15 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by bmcphx (Post 17662353)
Yup, but I understand these guys cleaning the whole convo out. I okay with ribbing and button pushing from people who I know well enough to be able to see what's going on. If you aren't that close to me then wtf are you acting like you are, right!?

Maybe it's time you just knock it off already.

bmcphx 03-25-15 08:17 PM


Originally Posted by Gus90 (Post 17662591)
Maybe it's time you just knock it off already.

Oh I didn't realize I said something to you, but I'm sorry if I offended you anyway.

Gus90 03-25-15 08:18 PM


Originally Posted by bmcphx (Post 17662603)
Oh I didn't realize I said something to you, but I'm sorry if I offended you anyway.

I'm sure you are. Of course, I'm just some rude american.

bmcphx 03-25-15 08:30 PM

You still aren't over that?

Have a nice night, I'm not going to let you drag me into more junk.

Gus90 03-25-15 08:38 PM


Originally Posted by bmcphx (Post 17662646)
You still aren't over that?

Have a nice night, I'm not going to let you drag me into more junk.

Maybe just start your own thread and let this one get back on topic. Last few days, you've done nothing but egg people on like some child. The only person dragging you into junk is yourself. Just take a break already.

SpeshulEd 03-25-15 08:42 PM


Originally Posted by spdntrxi (Post 17662435)
water field cycling pouch... not cheap.

Cycling Ride Pouch ? WaterField Designs

Hmm, interesting. I wish there was a way to open it without all of the crap falling out if you just want to get to your cash or credit card tho.

bmcphx 03-25-15 08:43 PM

I've had two contentious moments in this thread, the first of which was a genuine question about why the American culture thinks it's okay to ask people how much they paid for an item. You took it personally and started a fight. Someone actually gave a pretty well thought out explanation which I accepted.

The second time was someone calling me a sucker and I was bothered, and when I called him out it turned into an issue not unlike what you and I had, but reversed.

I'm a big boy and I let all of this roll off my shoulders, no passive aggressive changing of my signature to let people know they've offended me or using the ignore feature.

I'm really sorry that you've taken this so seriously that I've ofended you so heavily, it certainly wasn't my intention. I'll also try to be more respectful of your feelings, but drop the passive aggressive prodding, will ya? I'd say that's more than a fair compromise.

bmcphx 03-25-15 08:44 PM


Originally Posted by SpeshulEd (Post 17662672)
Hmm, interesting. I wish there was a way to open it without all of the crap falling out if you just want to get to your cash or credit card tho.

I've been using the rapha pouch for a few years, it holds the cc in a separate zipped pouch and it's very nice item. Won't hold a modern smartphone though.

Gus90 03-25-15 08:45 PM


Originally Posted by bmcphx (Post 17662678)
I've had two contentious moments in this thread, the first of which was a genuine question about why the American culture thinks it's okay to ask people how much they paid for an item. You took it personally and started a fight. Someone actually gave a pretty well thought out explanation which I accepted.

The second time was someone calling me a sucker and I was bothered, and when I called him out it turned into an issue not unlike what you and I had, but reversed.

I'm a big boy and I let all of this roll off my shoulders, no passive aggressive changing of my signature to let people know they've offended me or using the ignore feature.

I'm really sorry that you've taken this so seriously that I've ofended you so heavily, it certainly wasn't my intention. I'll also try to be more respectful of your feelings, but drop the passive aggressive prodding, will ya? I'd say that's more than a fair compromise.

Are you finally done now? May we get on with this thread?

bmcphx 03-25-15 08:46 PM

Nice response to a call for truce and apology, and you call me a child.

Gus90 03-25-15 08:47 PM


Originally Posted by bmcphx (Post 17662691)
Nice response to a call for truce and apology, and you call me a child.

Apparently, you're not done. Well carry on.

spdntrxi 03-25-15 08:48 PM


Originally Posted by SpeshulEd (Post 17662672)
Hmm, interesting. I wish there was a way to open it without all of the crap falling out if you just want to get to your cash or credit card tho.

you can... the first half of the zipper open up to the compartment that holds the cards and money... nothing falls out.

spdntrxi 03-25-15 08:49 PM


Originally Posted by bmcphx (Post 17662682)
I've been using the rapha pouch for a few years, it holds the cc in a separate zipped pouch and it's very nice item. Won't hold a modern smartphone though.

me too... looking for something to hold it all. My multi-tool weighs too much I noticed.... going to just go with Park's MT-1 from now on..

GlennR 03-25-15 08:50 PM


Originally Posted by SpeshulEd (Post 17662672)
Hmm, interesting. I wish there was a way to open it without all of the crap falling out if you just want to get to your cash or credit card tho.

I sort of like it but with Spring temps increasing 10*-15* during a morning ride, I like having 3 pockets available for nutrition and carrying takes off like arm warmers, wind breakers and other layers.

I like the clean look of no saddle bag, but I just purchased a Bontrager "small" bag that fits really tight under the saddle.

Then during the summer my lower back is a sweaty mess and rather not have a leather bag blocking my ventilation.

Just my 2. Use whatever works for you.

cb400bill 03-25-15 08:51 PM

Knock it off guys...

bmcphx 03-25-15 08:53 PM


Originally Posted by spdntrxi (Post 17662702)
me too... looking for something to hold it all. My multi-tool weighs too much I noticed.... going to just go with Park's MT-1 from now on..

Might be worth checking out the specialized emt pro tool if you want something slick and small. I've never needed a tool it doesn't have, and if I ever do I'll probably need a ride home anyway.

GlennR 03-25-15 08:53 PM


Originally Posted by spdntrxi (Post 17662702)
My multi-tool weighs too much I noticed.... going to just go with Park's MT-1 from now on..

I just picked up a Shimano Mini Tool 11. It has everything except a chain break. Weighs under 100 grams.
http://d7ab823tjbf2qywyt3grgq63.wpen...28-620x345.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.