Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

f4rrest 12-13-15 11:39 AM

@spdntrxi I'd certainly get one if I could point it forward to detect / predict cats and squirrels about to cross my path.

spdntrxi 12-13-15 01:01 PM


Originally Posted by f4rrest (Post 18386200)
@spdntrxi I'd certainly get one if I could point it forward to detect / predict cats and squirrels about to cross my path.

maybe a deer whistle... or full disk wheels

Porschefan 12-13-15 02:53 PM


Originally Posted by oldnslow2 (Post 18385401)
Ultrasonic cleaner, does wonders on the chain and cassette.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r..._101652887.jpg

Very nice! This is the 2L model, correct? Seems to be sold by a couple of vendors on eBay, so I guess I'll go with the highest feedback rating. Anything to watch out for? Any problems with it so far?

STP

GlennR 12-13-15 03:15 PM


Originally Posted by Porschefan (Post 18386571)
Very nice! This is the 2L model, correct? Seems to be sold by a couple of vendors on eBay, so I guess I'll go with the highest feedback rating. Anything to watch out for? Any problems with it so far?

STP

It is a 2L and you can fit the chain or cassette or derailleurs or brakes. Obviously the crank and chainrings won't fit.
Only used it once and it seems to work just fine.

It's made in China so I don't plan on leaving it alone when plugged in.

Here's the link to the one O bought, it seems to be the manufacturer or imported. I got it fast in just a few days and it was very well packed.

Professional Stainless Steel 2L Ultrasonic Cleaner Heater Timer Bracket Jewelry | eBay

woodcraft 12-13-15 03:48 PM


Originally Posted by oldnslow2 (Post 18386615)
It is a 2L and you can fit the chain or cassette or derailleurs or brakes. Obviously the crank and chainrings won't fit.
Only used it once and it seems to work just fine.

It's made in China so I don't plan on leaving it alone when plugged in.

Here's the link to the one O bought, it seems to be the manufacturer or imported. I got it fast in just a few days and it was very well packed.

Professional Stainless Steel 2L Ultrasonic Cleaner Heater Timer Bracket Jewelry | eBay



I ordered one of those after reading your report.

Motivated by the idea of the 20,000 mile chain...

spdntrxi 12-13-15 03:56 PM


Originally Posted by oldnslow2 (Post 18386615)
It is a 2L and you can fit the chain or cassette or derailleurs or brakes. Obviously the crank and chainrings won't fit.
Only used it once and it seems to work just fine.

It's made in China so I don't plan on leaving it alone when plugged in.

Here's the link to the one O bought, it seems to be the manufacturer or imported. I got it fast in just a few days and it was very well packed.

Professional Stainless Steel 2L Ultrasonic Cleaner Heater Timer Bracket Jewelry | eBay

will it fit a large cassette.. 11/28

GlennR 12-13-15 04:01 PM


Originally Posted by spdntrxi (Post 18386694)
will it fit a large cassette.. 11/28

Mine is a 11-28 11 speed.

You have ot put it in the basket small cog down and fill it a bit more than 1/2 way to cover it.

bianchi10 12-14-15 09:57 PM

New MAAP Clouds kit
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...8300-01_2.jpeg

growlerdinky 12-14-15 10:09 PM

Stages 5800 power meter.

Redhatter 12-15-15 05:52 AM


Originally Posted by bianchi10 (Post 18390147)

Clicking doesn't seem to work here.

bianchi10 12-15-15 06:53 AM


Originally Posted by Redhatter (Post 18390533)
Clicking doesn't seem to work here.

Sorry, fixed it. See image above

cleansheet 12-15-15 07:21 AM

http://images.evanscycles.com/produc...cross-bike.jpg

TheRef 12-15-15 10:18 AM


Originally Posted by cleansheet (Post 18390655)

Very Nice bike. How do you like it?

shakey start 12-15-15 10:44 AM


Originally Posted by bianchi10 (Post 18390147)
New MAAP Clouds kit


THAT is a sweet kit!

asiantrick 12-15-15 10:57 AM

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5709/...ba9bb76c_z.jpg

This thing tends to over-steer. Ate it on the corner 1st ride :bang:

bianchi10 12-15-15 11:01 AM


Originally Posted by shakey start (Post 18391106)
THAT is a sweet kit!

Thanks! Visually it is fantastic, quality wise is even more amazing. The long sleeve winter jersey is unlike anything I've worn. Still not as warm as the rapha winter jersey because it doesn't have merino or a wind blocker front, but it's a different style. Still fits like a race style jersey, but thick, stretchy and insulated.

Looks even better in motion!
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...09-07-07-1.png

asiantrick 12-15-15 11:10 AM


Originally Posted by bianchi10 (Post 18391157)
Thanks! Visually it is fantastic, quality wise is even more amazing. The long sleeve winter jersey is unlike anything I've worn. Still not as warm as the rapha winter jersey because it doesn't have merino or a wind blocker front, but it's a different style. Still fits like a race style jersey, but thick, stretchy and insulated.

My MAAP kit just arrived yesterday too. I have to say out of all the premium kits I've owned (Rapha, Panache, Volero, PEDLA) MAAP is probably made from the nicest material and my favorite. I got the rain jacket instead of the long sleeve, well worth it.

bianchi10 12-15-15 11:32 AM


Originally Posted by asiantrick (Post 18391188)
My MAAP kit just arrived yesterday too. I have to say out of all the premium kits I've owned (Rapha, Panache, Volero, PEDLA) MAAP is probably made off the nicest material and my favorite. I got the rain jacket instead of the long sleeve, well worth it.

Which kit did you get? Glad you like it. You on instagram?

asiantrick 12-15-15 11:43 AM


Originally Posted by bianchi10 (Post 18391251)
Which kit did you get? Glad you like it. You on instagram?

Contour Rain Jersey (white), Bib, Socks and Team rain jacket in black

Sorry, no Instagram but you can catch me on my cousin GoPRO Youtube page once in a while: subscribed! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqsYs_Yf8no

Mumonkan 12-15-15 11:54 AM


Originally Posted by asiantrick (Post 18391146)
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5709/...ba9bb76c_z.jpg

This thing tends to over-steer. Ate it on the corner 1st ride :bang:

lol, what tires you got on that thingamajawn?

asiantrick 12-15-15 12:03 PM


Originally Posted by Mumonkan (Post 18391300)
lol, what tires you got on that thingamajawn?

Bike came with Panaracer Pacenti Pari-Moto Gravel 27.5 x 1.5 (42mm wide) but going forward I will be running Surly Knard (41mm) if I ever want to take it on technical single track.[h=1][/h][h=1][/h]

Mumonkan 12-15-15 12:20 PM


Originally Posted by asiantrick (Post 18391316)
Bike came with Panaracer Pacenti Pari-Moto Gravel 27.5 x 1.5 (42mm wide) but going forward I will be running Surly Knard (41mm) if I ever want to take it on technical single track.

do they actually measure out to 42? theyre supposed to be 38, whats the rim width?

ive heard theyre nice tires if not a little fragile. either way the bike looks good with the fat slicks

asiantrick 12-15-15 12:35 PM


Originally Posted by Mumonkan (Post 18391354)
do they actually measure out to 42? theyre supposed to be 38, whats the rim width?

ive heard theyre nice tires if not a little fragile. either way the bike looks good with the fat slicks

The original specs were 38mm Maxxis Detonator, but Cannodale decided to upgrade to better tire Pari Motto 42mm (made in Japan) once the Slate was in production. The Pari-Moto is very nice but side wall is weak and fragile. I've already put some huge cut on the side wall from my light crash.

Mumonkan 12-15-15 12:43 PM


Originally Posted by asiantrick (Post 18391394)
The original specs were 38mm Maxxis Detonator, but Cannodale decided to upgrade to better tire Pari Motto 42mm (made in Japan) once the Slate was in production. The Pari-Moto is very nice but side wall is weak and fragile. I've already put some huge cut on the side wall from my light crash.

what i mean is the pari-moto is labeled as a 38mm tire, unless something has changed that i dont know about

pacenti called them a "race day" tire when he came up with them so im not surprised about the cut

asiantrick 12-15-15 01:03 PM


Originally Posted by Mumonkan (Post 18391421)
what i mean is the pari-moto is labeled as a 38mm tire, unless something has changed that i dont know about

pacenti called them a "race day" tire when he came up with them so im not surprised about the cut

There're 2 types of Pari Moto tires. Race Day (Road) is 38mm and Gravel is 42mm (see below)

http://www.amazon.com/Panaracer-Pace...arimoto+gravel


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.