Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

Sy Reene 09-30-17 11:20 AM

for autumn into winter-season riding:
https://shop.mavic.com/media/catalog...ont/399203.jpg

woodcraft 09-30-17 11:34 AM

Ordered one of these for my sister.

https://www.performancebike.com/weba...400310__400310

I'm almost entirely a Craigslist bike shopper, but you can get a lot of bike for $350 these days.

TimothyH 09-30-17 10:19 PM


Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 19898031)
for autumn into winter-season riding:
https://shop.mavic.com/media/catalog...ont/399203.jpg


What am I looking at here?

What are those two big levers? Do they move and if so then which way? Do they rotate around an axis or lift up like a latch?

I'm trying to decide if these are sublimely simple or Mavic's tribute to Rube Goldberg. The latter would not be out of character for Mavic.

The top BOA wire looks like it is ready to slice through the pleather.


-Tim-

timtak 10-01-17 03:41 AM


Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius (Post 19882059)
Just bought a stubby chubby chode stem to see if that helps my lower back and neck. If this doesn't do the trick the bike is a outta here.

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/prod...0/ric302-1.jpg

Before ditching the bike you may wish to try core exercises
Back Exercises - notebook
and a roller such as this which I have bought, bike related.
https://www.amazon.com/Stretch-Massa...x+stretch+ball
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4392/...dd3861c768.jpg
Back Roller
by Timothy Takemoto, on Flickr

Sy Reene 10-01-17 06:45 AM


Originally Posted by TimothyH (Post 19898969)
What am I looking at here?

What are those two big levers? Do they move and if so then which way? Do they rotate around an axis or lift up like a latch?

I'm trying to decide if these are sublimely simple or Mavic's tribute to Rube Goldberg. The latter would not be out of character for Mavic.

The top BOA wire looks like it is ready to slice through the pleather.

-Tim-

I haven't received them as yet, but the fastener system goes back I think to discontinued Zxellium model, and is also used in the current (non-"Vision" model) Cosmic Elite.. pretty well reviewed at link below, and am happy with my current pair of cosmic pro shoes (though with 2 Boa fasteners instead), so anticipating fit will be the same. Got these for the typical likelihood of cr@ppier weather/conditions in fall/winter, yet hoping they perform pretty well.
Wiggle | Mavic Cosmic Elite Road Shoe | Road Shoes

Sy Reene 10-01-17 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
for the new shoes, speedplay X series cleats.
OT.. but am I hallucinating, or is the only place you can buy these things online thru Nashbar? wacked imo. nothing wrong with Nashbar really, but this strikes me as a bit counterintuitive.

Sy Reene 10-06-17 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 19898031)
for autumn into winter-season riding:
https://shop.mavic.com/media/catalog...ont/399203.jpg

Received these in. Fit is the same as my Cosmic Pros. Seem good though haven't ridden yet, so likewise can't attest to their water-proofing capability. The two tabs are indeed as simple as they look; pull up to release velcro, pull to tighten and place back down.

Nice touch for low light is this is what happens when light is shined on them.. should help with visibility.

Esthetic 10-06-17 07:39 AM

Won an auction on these (without tires) for $760

https://i.imgur.com/LYIT8nQ.png


And my first pair of cycling shades and my 6800 11-32T cassette artived from Nashbar
https://i.imgur.com/OsjSPvk.jpg

PatrickGSR94 10-06-17 07:59 AM

New bar tape and pedal bearings for the road bike. Bike is getting a complete teardown soon, with everything cleaned up and re-greased, new bearings and bar tape, and new cables and housing all installed.

Second GoPro housing to put on one of my other bikes, so I don't have to keep swapping the housing back and forth between bikes.

Aftermarket GoPro aluminum thumb screws with wrench, because the stock plastic ones are hard as crap to make tight and keep them tight.

TimothyH 10-06-17 08:55 AM


Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 19911336)
Nice touch for low light is this is what happens when light is shined on them.. should help with visibility.

As one who rides extensively at night you got my interest right there.

How is the fit? I have wide feet. Are they wide or narrow? Any feedback would be appreciated.

noodle soup 10-06-17 09:15 AM


Originally Posted by TimothyH (Post 19911664)

How is the fit? I have wide feet. Are they wide or narrow? Any feedback would be appreciated.

If the fit is similar to other Mavic road shoes, these are not the shoes for you. Mavic shoes are the narrowest shoes I've ever worn, with the exception of Sidi narrow width models.

noodle soup 10-06-17 09:20 AM


Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 19900530)
Am I hallucinating, or is the only place you can buy these things online thru Nashbar? wacked imo. nothing wrong with Nashbar really, but this strikes me as a bit counterintuitive.

you might be hallucinating, because I've never had a problem finding X-type cleats online.

Sy Reene 10-06-17 01:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 19911744)
you might be hallucinating, because I've never had a problem finding X-type cleats online.

Care to share on other alternatives? I did find that Excel has them in interim. Google shopping certainly doesn't turn up much worthwhile

Sy Reene 10-06-17 01:51 PM


Originally Posted by TimothyH (Post 19911664)
As one who rides extensively at night you got my interest right there.

How is the fit? I have wide feet. Are they wide or narrow? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mavics suit a narrower foot. In a dress shoe, I'd typically (if they were available more often) go for a C width.
I'd say they size pretty closely to my Giro ACCs.

SkepticalOne 10-06-17 04:51 PM

https://dyzmn8020x6cd.cloudfront.net...-h217-01_SMALL

GeneO 10-07-17 03:09 PM

EW-WU111 for new Roubaix Expert DI2 (and bike).

https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Mor...el196e04-M.jpg

cderalow 10-07-17 03:29 PM

My wife was in Chicago and stopped at the Rapha store and picked up a set of pro-team lightweight bibs, a brevet lightweight jersey and a pair of winter tights

Jersey and bibs were super on sale, tights not so much, but still worthwhile

WhyFi 10-08-17 07:38 AM


Originally Posted by cderalow (Post 19914558)
My wife was in Chicago and stopped at the Rapha store and picked up a set of pro-team lightweight bibs, a brevet lightweight jersey and a pair of winter tights

Jersey and bibs were super on sale, tights not so much, but still worthwhile

She's a keeper!

zacster 10-08-17 03:21 PM

I bought a new chain and cassette, 13-26 Campy Veloce and Record chain. Also bought a new seatpost, Deda Elementi Super Leggerio, because my seatpost just didn't hold the saddle in my preferred position any longer. The ridges were all stripped. I also bought 2 long sleeve tops as extra layers if/when it gets cold. October 8 in NYC and still warm enough to ride in shorts, in fact it has been hot. With the shirts I also picked up a Topeak pump/toolkit combo, and an extra pair of gloves.

At 62 years old I have all the bike stuff I need, but there are still parts that get consumed or worn out.

imbloke 10-08-17 04:05 PM

Bought myself a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus 28mm tyres for my Cannondale Bad Boy. Hopefully I'll stay puncture free from now on.

chip1 10-08-17 04:35 PM


Originally Posted by zacster (Post 19916441)
I bought a new chain and cassette, 13-26 Campy Veloce and Record chain. Also bought a new seatpost, Deda Elementi Super Leggerio, because my seatpost just didn't hold the saddle in my preferred position any longer. The ridges were all stripped. I also bought 2 long sleeve tops as extra layers if/when it gets cold. October 8 in NYC and still warm enough to ride in shorts, in fact it has been hot. With the shirts I also picked up a Topeak pump/toolkit combo, and an extra pair of gloves.

At 62 years old I have all the bike stuff I need, but there are still parts that get consumed or worn out.

Indeed it was nice riding at Prospect Park yesterday with just jersey and shorts, with bugs flying around and all. I actually got stung on the lips yesterday...had to cut the ride short. :lol:

chip1 10-08-17 04:41 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1xf0OAfhzL.jpg

NOS from Amazon. Amazing quality but loose fitting for a Pro line form-fit. Fit doesn't feel much different than their semi-form jackets.

zacster 10-08-17 06:08 PM


Originally Posted by chipndale9 (Post 19916544)
Indeed it was nice riding at Prospect Park yesterday with just jersey and shorts, with bugs flying around and all. I actually got stung on the lips yesterday...had to cut the ride short. :lol:

I was riding today in the park too, this time on my commuter bike with the fenders. Still in shorts and short sleeve jersey. Fall will come suddenly one day and this will end, but the forecast for the next week is still pretty warm.

RadialHead 10-08-17 08:16 PM

Yakima Dr Tray hitch bike carrier for my wifeís Grand Cherokee and some Supercaz bar tape. My tape is in pretty good shape but Iíve heard good things about Supercaz and wanted to give it a go.

rgr555 10-09-17 02:14 PM

https://www.pushys.com.au/media/cata...0-PAR-side.jpg

with A530 pedals


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.