Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

Nachoman 05-18-18 06:38 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6fc378c8db.jpg
speedplay zero walkable cleats.

Esthetic 05-18-18 12:16 PM

Reynolds Strike SLG wheelset from the theproscloset (TPC) on ebay for $749+ $49 (-$100 coupon on ebays 15% off everything/$100max Coupon Day) paid $699 shipped :)

They called it New- Blems, and have several sets listed... I contacted them about it, this was their response:

"Thank you for your interest in the Reynolds Strike wheels. These are the 2018 wheels, however because they are Cosmetic blemish wheels, Reynolds has not spent the extra money to paint and waterslide the graphics, instead they use a less expensive mylar graphic."

Look and ride perfect to me at half cost :)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8f588945ae.jpg

GeneO 05-19-18 12:07 AM


Originally Posted by Esthetic (Post 20347171)
Reynolds Strike SLG wheelset from the theproscloset (TPC) on ebay for $749+ $49 (-$100 coupon on ebays 15% off everything/$100max Coupon Day) paid $699 shipped :)

They called it New- Blems, and have several sets listed... I contacted them about it, this was their response:

"Thank you for your interest in the Reynolds Strike wheels. These are the 2018 wheels, however because they are Cosmetic blemish wheels, Reynolds has not spent the extra money to paint and waterslide the graphics, instead they use a less expensive mylar graphic."

Look and ride perfect to me at half cost :)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8f588945ae.jpg

Looks like a candidate for hot or not

noglider 05-19-18 10:39 AM

And that means you can remove the decals, right? I'd prefer that to the giant garish decals that so many wheels have.

igorek 05-19-18 12:25 PM

Trek Domane SL6 Disc bicycle with Wellgo R146 black pedals.

noodle soup 05-19-18 05:57 PM


Originally Posted by igorek (Post 20348874)
Trek Domane SL6 Disc bicycle with Wellgo R146 black pedals.

please share a photo.

igorek 05-19-18 09:55 PM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 20349335)
please share a photo.

When I'll be outside with a bike I'll take some photos but right now the weather sucks here raining and cold.

atwl77 05-20-18 09:26 AM

Topeak Backloader 10L seat pack, in preparation for an upcoming 600km brevet.

Garmin Edge 1030... got it all setup the way I wanted, fully charged, but ended up not using it because I didn't go out to ride today. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait till next weekend to see how it performs.

Esthetic 05-20-18 10:53 AM


Originally Posted by noglider (Post 20348721)
And that means you can remove the decals, right? I'd prefer that to the giant garish decals that so many wheels have.

Yep. Had that idea before seeing them on the bike, but turns out i dont mind these. Had they been bold white, they would';ve been gone already.

igorek 05-20-18 05:16 PM


Originally Posted by igorek (Post 20348874)
Trek Domane SL6 Disc bicycle with Wellgo R146 black pedals.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c0e04c067d.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4399569766.jpg

SkepticalOne 05-21-18 05:55 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...de30e53069.jpg

noodle soup 05-21-18 07:16 PM

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/947/2...7b6c227e_o.jpg

2 pairs for $80. Good cheap bibs, even if you pay retail.

philbob57 05-21-18 08:01 PM

https://www.rei.com/product/119914/c...al-jersey-mens & https://www.rei.com/product/102663/pearl-izumi-cyclone-gel-bike-gloves-mens. Why am I buying cold weather clothing in late May? It's cold here, and with luck it will keep me riding later in the Fall.

noglider 05-22-18 07:38 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 20352976)

2 pairs for $80. Good cheap bibs, even if you pay retail.

Where can we get that deal? I'm interested.

noodle soup 05-22-18 07:56 AM


Originally Posted by noglider (Post 20353610)
Where can we get that deal? I'm interested.

that's dealer cost, but I see them for $60 often.

thanksgolfing 05-22-18 05:16 PM

Still looking for a decent bike on craigslist.

noglider 05-23-18 09:51 AM

From ebay: a new old crankset for my McLean. The one I have on it has 175mm arms, which bother me, and it's boring, too.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7i...m=w735-h979-no

Stravacyclist79 05-23-18 01:27 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...208a61a034.jpg

GUB PR01 Aluminum Bike Phone Holder $8 Love it .

SylvainG 05-25-18 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by Stravacyclist79 (Post 20356198)
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...208a61a034.jpg

GUB PR01 Aluminum Bike Phone Holder $8 Love it .

I have that bike mount. If you have an Outerbox Commuter case (where part of the case's sides are hard plastic and part are soft rubber) or something similar, the prongs holding the phone by the rubber part of the case aren't putting enough pressure to keep the phone in place. I actually dropped my Note8 and broke my screen because of that when I ran over a bump at high speed :cry: To 'fix' this problem (not the screen), I installed a rubber band (actually a strip of an old tube) across the top two prongs (where my case is soft rubber) and it now holds the phone securely.

WorldIRC 05-26-18 06:59 AM

Specialized S-Works 7 Shoes

https://www.tredz.co.uk/prodimg/Spec..._Supersize.jpg

flashjack2 05-26-18 07:13 AM

Action camera, to photograph the trucks that try to drive me off the road.

TimothyH 05-26-18 12:02 PM

2x Continental Supersonic tubes.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3de0c43bde.jpg

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...df892c4014.jpg


4x Vittoria Rubino Pro Speed G+, $36.49 ea at Chain Reaction.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ed508ff1d1.jpg


-Tim-

Jakedatc 05-27-18 04:36 AM

Giro Zero gloves. I have the Giro II's but the cuff is annoyingly long. These should be shorter and hopefully fit the same.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3b2c6ef07a.png

I4YM 05-27-18 05:29 AM

The Arturo Cycle shoe. https://www.rufflander.co.uk/shop/he...ro-cycle-shoe/

harrisonk 05-27-18 08:56 AM

(1) Pinarello Gan RS Ultegra; (2) Fizik's Antares R1 Versus Evo saddle; and (3) Blackburn trainer.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6524208370.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d5ca9fc2ff.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...dd17e16c3a.png


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.