Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

NoWhammies 07-15-19 03:25 PM

Only done one ride in the helmet so far, but I do like the fit. My noggin feels really well protected.

woodcraft 07-15-19 09:46 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...11fcf1165d.jpg


Oh wait- wrong forum...

ooga-booga 07-15-19 10:22 PM

a pair of vittoria zaffiro 23's. got 3,100 miles (150 dirt miles) out of the last pair.

a little disturbed about how quickly the exterior of the rear tire disintegrated on a warmish (85+ degrees)

century ride on good pavement after specifically checking the tires for wear/cuts beforehand but i'll give them another go.

only one flat (on that last day century) in 6+ months while riding plenty of mediocre/bad roads.

MezzoLew 07-16-19 08:07 AM

two new tyres ...
 
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...dd446ad5c2.jpg


Two new nice and shiny tyres for my Mezzo D9

Nutrak 16 x 1 3/8" Street Commuter Tyre with Reflective Stripe and Puncture Protection.

Had to change them without any tools ... Now that was a challenge on 16 inch wheels! (yes I did have a pump!)

CarloM 07-16-19 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by MezzoLew (Post 21029560)
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...dd446ad5c2.jpg


Two new nice and shiny tyres for my Mezzo D9

Nutrak 16 x 1 3/8" Street Commuter Tyre with Reflective Stripe and Puncture Protection.

Had to change them without any tools ... Now that was a challenge on 16 inch wheels! (yes I did have a pump!)

I'm sure that's supposed to read "New Track". But I keep reading it as "nut rack". I am a child, confirmed. :roflmao:

ChinookTx 07-16-19 02:53 PM


Originally Posted by woodcraft (Post 21029106)
Oh wait- wrong forum...

Cool, vintage flip flops! ;-)

phtomita 07-16-19 06:20 PM


Originally Posted by ChinookTx (Post 21030349)
Cool, vintage flip flops! ;-)

LOL x 2 :roflmao:

noodle soup 07-16-19 06:36 PM

2 pairs of cleats

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/33004...1f7b4c4dJ3Xpdu

If they are actual Shimano cleats, it's a great deal. If they are counterfeit, I'm only out a few $$$.

riverdrifter 07-16-19 06:40 PM

A pair of 700 x 28 Schwalbe Marathons.

jadocs 07-16-19 06:55 PM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21030688)
2 pairs of cleats

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/33004...1f7b4c4dJ3Xpdu

If they are actual Shimano cleats, it's a great deal. If they are counterfeit, I'm only out a few $$$.

Please quote me when you get them in and let me know.

android_hosp 07-17-19 05:47 PM

Park tool CT 6.3 folding chain tool
Stans rim tape

downtube42 07-17-19 10:14 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5fb5087498.jpg

SCTinkering 07-20-19 10:05 AM

Ultegra Cassette
 
Picked up a 14-28 11 speed ultegra cassette off of ebay and used it to create a Franken-Cassette for my 1x

So the new cog set is 14-15-16-17-18-21-23-25-27-30-34

I've only taken it out for one ride, but so far it feels pretty good. I was afraid the jump from 18-21 would be too much, but I don't even notice it.

I have a feeling 14t is going to be one tooth too big when my legs are feeling good, but then again this is my commute/gravel bike, so turning a 40-14 is a reasonable limit no matter what I'm doing.

MoAlpha 07-20-19 11:12 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21030688)
2 pairs of cleats

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/33004...1f7b4c4dJ3Xpdu

If they are actual Shimano cleats, it's a great deal. If they are counterfeit, I'm only out a few $$$.

Been looking at those. Third possibility is counterfeit and good, in which case you've funded a sleazeball operation, but saved some coin. Let us know!

Paid way too much on eBay for a 6800 36-52 chainring set for the new bike.

rjones28 07-20-19 04:12 PM

New rack; Kuat NV 2.0 base.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...efd0a8f967.jpg

Flatballer 07-20-19 04:24 PM

New 2010+ Force 10 speed rear mech. To replace an old one with too many crashes and too many miles.

noodle soup 07-23-19 10:14 AM


Originally Posted by jadocs (Post 21030720)
Please quote me when you get them in and let me know.


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21036436)
Been looking at those. Third possibility is counterfeit and good, in which case you've funded a sleazeball operation, but saved some coin. Let us know!

Paid way too much on eBay for a 6800 36-52 chainring set for the new bike.

The cleats are the real deal. Same weights, and exact same packaging(UPC even scanned correctly). Shipping is fast too(ordered 7/14, delivered 7/22).

I just ordered a few more.

jadocs 07-23-19 10:16 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21040913)
The cleats are the real deal. Same weights, and exact same packaging(UPC even scanned correctly). Shipping is fast too(ordered 7/14, delivered 7/22).

I just ordered a few more.

Awesome thanks buddy!

surak 07-23-19 10:23 AM

I let my front disc brake pad wear down too much. Had to order a new one (finned flat mount metallic Shimano pad), decided just in case I trashed the rotor to throw in a 140mm Ultegra replacement. Right now that bike runs 160mm, but I plan to downsize the rarely used rear rotor while moving the original to the front.

jadocs 07-23-19 10:30 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21040913)
The cleats are the real deal. Same weights, and exact same packaging(UPC even scanned correctly). Shipping is fast too(ordered 7/14, delivered 7/22).

I just ordered a few more.

I just ordered 6. First time using AliExpress. Is there any way to do PayPal on their? I didnít see it and just used a card.

noodle soup 07-23-19 10:43 AM


Originally Posted by jadocs (Post 21040946)
I just ordered 6. First time using AliExpress. Is there any way to do PayPal on their? I didnít see it and just used a card.

I haven't seen a PayPal option.

Jakedatc 07-25-19 09:01 AM

Replaced my PowerTap wheel with a Stages crankarm. I am smart enough to not ask for my light wheels back that I gave to the GF so I found a set of Enve 25 classic carbon tubs on the cheaper side and went for it. drops my SuperSix in the 15lb-ish range with nothing on it. Ordered some 25mm gatorskins to replace the 22's that are on it eventually. Time to hit some KOMs
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7060c8f180.jpg

MoAlpha 07-25-19 11:35 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21040977)
I haven't seen a PayPal option.

Does your link take you to the Italian AliExpress site too?

noglider 07-25-19 12:36 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21044344)
Does your link take you to the Italian AliExpress site too?

Oh, that happened to me today! aliexpress asked me for feedback on a recent purchase. I clicked on their link, and I had to log into their Italian page. It's a bit tricky to do that. I reported the problem in my feedback.

Ogsarg 07-25-19 12:49 PM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21040913)
The cleats are the real deal. Same weights, and exact same packaging(UPC even scanned correctly). Shipping is fast too(ordered 7/14, delivered 7/22).

I just ordered a few more.

Thanks. I ordered some along with some cleat covers for 3 bucks. Never used Aliexpress before and couldn't get the payment done using Firefox. Switched to MS browser and no problem.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.