Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

Ogsarg 02-10-21 09:53 AM

Red Zeppelin CO2 inflator with a couple of 16g cartridges. Now that I have tubeless, I can't count on the mini pump working. Hopefully I won't have to use it for a very long time.

WhyFi 02-10-21 10:15 AM


Originally Posted by Ogsarg (Post 21918030)
Now that I have tubeless, I can't count on the mini pump working.

Why do you say that? If you're concerned about re-seating your tires, it's really not something that you have to do on the side of the road. If you're putting any air in to your tires, more often than not, it's going to be a top-off for a bigger cut that took its sweet time to close - I think that a pump is preferable in this instance. If the cut is too big to close, you're going to pop in a tube and you don't need a rush of air to re-seat, anyway.

The only instance in which I can see a pump being inadequate is if you take a big (but not catastrophic) cut *and* you don't have an emergency tube (but you do have a plug) *and* you have one of those tire/rim combos that don't like to stay seated when completely deflated.

Sy Reene 02-10-21 06:24 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21918064)
Why do you say that? If you're concerned about re-seating your tires, it's really not something that you have to do on the side of the road. If you're putting any air in to your tires, more often than not, it's going to be a top-off for a bigger cut that took its sweet time to close - I think that a pump is preferable in this instance. If the cut is too big to close, you're going to pop in a tube and you don't need a rush of air to re-seat, anyway.

The only instance in which I can see a pump being inadequate is if you take a big (but not catastrophic) cut *and* you don't have an emergency tube (but you do have a plug) *and* you have one of those tire/rim combos that don't like to stay seated when completely deflated.

Maybe the mini-pump is his only pump?

jaxgtr 02-10-21 08:55 PM

some replacement presta cores as I thought I had some :notamused:

SVTNate 02-10-21 09:22 PM

New kicks

https://i.imgur.com/hNJHWK9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YoKyIk9.jpg

DaintyCalves 02-10-21 10:03 PM

Good last couple of weeks. Some nice 45mm Woven carbons and just bought a pair of r8000 shifters as I begin getting parts rounded up to convert to 11spd. I wish Shimano would get some stock out to retailers I'm having a hell of a time finding anything lol.

ericcox 02-10-21 10:10 PM

New wheels (birthday/anniversary present)
 
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...43bf6a66dd.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...96483b5968.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d09bfe9620.jpg

A set of FFWD RYOT 55s with Catalyst rotors (don't tell Froome).

veganbikes 02-10-21 10:22 PM

Mostly Wera 1/4 Sockets and some socks (always need more fancy socks) but our distributor had these on a deep discount and my dumbass said let's do it


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a18bb8a076.jpg
Normally I would not buy CeramicSpeed anything and metal pulley wheels but for some reason the sale was too good to pass up and I happened to have the dollars and not the sense. Hopefully I will be so much faster now on my road bike. They are coated which means they have coating which is Dutch for go faster and stuff :lol:

la rosa 02-12-21 05:33 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...79daf53b3.jpeg
Silca pump

primov8 02-12-21 06:46 AM

I canceled the order for Reynolds ATRs and went with the Reynolds AR 58/62 DB.

I removed the OE decals because Iíve got a custom set of decals on the way.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...baf0f2b4e.jpeg

billnuke1 02-12-21 09:01 AM

🧐
 

Originally Posted by la rosa (Post 21920748)

I love my old Silca pump...itís tough seeing the gauge though...my Park Tool pump has the gauge at the top and has a pointer that you put at your desired pressure that I can see without too much trouble...my active lifestyle is catching up to me...
You're gonna love that valve head!

timmbo 02-14-21 11:28 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...84962d90d.jpeg
Upgraded to 11 speed R9100! Had to order components from 4 different companies. 11-30 cassette. LBS bumped replaced 10 speed hub with 11 speed.

sjammer 02-14-21 06:30 PM

Silca tool kit.

woodcraft 02-14-21 11:04 PM

Ended up $500, but will change the crank for another $70.

Replacing similar bike that is a bit large for me.

Removed I think 9 SRAM stickers- looks better.


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...221acddfca.jpg

MikeEckhaus 02-14-21 11:49 PM

Had to buy a new CO2 dispenser today since mine broke. But before that I got a new bike bag from Pedal Industries. I really like it.

https://pedalindustries.com/pages/raceday-bags

noodle soup 02-15-21 07:18 AM


Originally Posted by woodcraft (Post 21924493)
Ended up $500, but will change the crank for another $70.

Replacing similar bike that is a bit large for me.

Removed I think 9 SRAM stickers- looks better.


Remove the SRAM components and it will work better,:innocent:

woodcraft 02-15-21 11:47 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21924679)
Remove the SRAM components and it will work better,:innocent:


Some of us will ride any old junk.:)

sfrider 02-15-21 10:31 PM

A Wahoo trainer mat; my old Kurt Kinetic mat is disintegrating around the edges and where it's been most sweated on.
A Wahoo Kickr Headwind so I don't have to fiddle with a fan remote while riding. (And drop it on the floor with the fan set low - naturally at the worst possible moment.)

b88 02-18-21 09:22 AM

Wahoo Kickr V5, table, and mats.

C_Heath 02-18-21 09:48 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4a1ccda411.jpg
in 2003 I had 3 young kids, couldnt afford steam from a cheesburger. Things are different now. I like the old stuff as well. Looking for an 04 Trek 5900 Superlite also.

woodcraft 02-18-21 09:50 AM

Going to give this a shot. I'll let you know how it goes.


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...fd4ac54e88.png

mstateglfr 02-18-21 12:09 PM


Originally Posted by woodcraft (Post 21929715)
Going to give this a shot. I'll let you know how it goes.

Struggling to understand how these attach to a 5arm crank. Are bolt holes omitted from the pics or something?

woodcraft 02-18-21 08:44 PM


Originally Posted by mstateglfr (Post 21929982)
Struggling to understand how these attach to a 5arm crank. Are bolt holes omitted from the pics or something?


I think they are shown with the special little chainring bolts in place.

Mazatleco17 02-18-21 09:29 PM

Bryton 320 computer.

znomit 02-19-21 02:51 AM

I checked the bike out after last weekends 300km ride. Saw the rear tyre was showing canvas most of the way around. Ouch.

Have a couple of GP5000s 28c on the way from wiggle. 28 was a bit tight for gp4000 but I think the 5000 is a bit narrower. I hope.

Also got a couple of cateye kinetic rear lights because mine keep disappearing to the kids bikes, Some Fizik tempo bar tape and lezyne tyre levers (levers are worse than socks for vanishing aren't they?).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.