Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase (https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/508535-your-most-recent-cycling-related-purchase.html)

ussprinceton 09-16-21 09:41 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ea54c99cf1.jpg

WhyFi 09-16-21 11:47 AM

Clever Training had (has?) a 30% off promo code, so I finally got on the smart trainer bandwagon - Elite Suito for a hair over $600.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...43f3ce0279.jpg

edit: although mine is technically the Suito T, which doesn't include the cassette.

Sy Reene 09-16-21 01:39 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22232731)
Clever Training had (has?) a 30% off promo code, so I finally got on the smart trainer bandwagon - Elite Suito for a hair over $600.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...43f3ce0279.jpg

edit: although mine is technically the Suito T, which doesn't include the cassette.

Enjoy! Is Clever Training shutting down? I see their homepage has an "everything must go" lead-in. Rare opportunity to get Speedplays on a discount :-)

WhyFi 09-16-21 01:45 PM


Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 22232910)
Enjoy! Is Clever Training shutting down? I see their homepage has an "everything must go" lead-in.

I don't know, but that was my first thought.

WhyFi 09-16-21 03:35 PM


Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 22232910)
Enjoy! Is Clever Training shutting down? I see their homepage has an "everything must go" lead-in. Rare opportunity to get Speedplays on a discount :-)


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22232924)
I don't know, but that was my first thought.

Just got the email - yup, Clever Training is shuttin' it down.

905 09-17-21 03:31 PM

https://i.imgur.com/yhuaO2M.jpg
Ravemen PR1200

Practically the first thing I did after getting it was to drop it from handlebar height onto the pavement. Told myself it was to check impact resistance. Fortunately it passed. As for the light, all I can say is, where have you been all my life.

Mojo31 09-17-21 04:07 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22233086)
Just got the email - yup, Clever Training is shuttin' it down.

Will be either the best or worst bike related purchase you ever made!

primov8 09-18-21 08:05 AM

For my wife's Liv AR 4, a set of RA project thru axles and a Shimano R7K 105 crankset.

surveyor6 09-18-21 10:32 AM

Chrome polish. The old 1961 Higgins needs some rust busting.

jaxgtr 09-18-21 11:09 PM

Some Dynaplug pointy replacement plugs, only had two, and I used one today, and a set of Pirelli P Zero Race TLR in 30mm for a second set of wheels.

ussprinceton 09-19-21 05:09 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...35dc645492.jpg

Wheels74 09-22-21 07:40 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d0f0b502dd.jpg

just picked this up... getting into road riding again after 15yrs away. :) excited.

ussprinceton 09-22-21 07:51 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f2b14cd153.jpg

rsbob 09-22-21 08:19 PM

A hard shell container that fits in one of my bottle cages which my rain cape/jacket nicely fits in. Hate the bulk in one of the back pockets. Was tipped by another BF member about it on Amazon. Thank you

delbiker1 09-23-21 01:58 AM

I will not be getting them for a number of weeks, but yesterday, I ordered a set of Hed RA Performance disc wheels, plus the QR set up. I have been looking at wheels for awhile, was leaning towards Campy Zonda disc, but kept going back to the Hed website. I used a coupon from Hed for $100 dollars off. The wait time is stated as 6 to 8 weeks and I am ok with that. I cashed in my change jar mad money, which covered 2/3 of the $665 final cost. l could have purchased a new box spring/mattress set, which I need, but it was my mad money, the wheels won!

Nachoman 09-23-21 07:09 AM

Giro mips helmet. Replaced my old one with exact same model, just five years newer.

Litespud 09-23-21 10:03 AM

New Cycliq Get 3 Fly 6 rear LED/camera. The last one lasted ~3 years until a small semiconductor burned out and the whole thing had a seizure. Not great for a >$200 piece of kit, but then it went on every ride, rain or shine, and took an awful lot of road crap in the process, so maybe 3 years is reasonable. The LED on these is very bright, and the camera excellent, with decent battery life (>4h) and video looping. Actually used it on the first day out when an SUV buzzed our group. We got the tag#, and I'll be sending the footage and the details to local law enforcement - possibly a futile gesture, but we have to try.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...dba2bc4681.png

ussprinceton 09-23-21 06:53 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c105cbbbce.png

jaxgtr 09-24-21 07:16 AM

Actually found some brake pads for my Shimano 8070 disc and bought 2 pairs.

primov8 09-24-21 12:04 PM


Originally Posted by Litespud (Post 22242680)
New Cycliq Get 3 Fly 6 rear LED/camera. The last one lasted ~3 years until a small semiconductor burned out and the whole thing had a seizure. Not great for a >$200 piece of kit, but then it went on every ride, rain or shine, and took an awful lot of road crap in the process, so maybe 3 years is reasonable. The LED on these is very bright, and the camera excellent, with decent battery life (>4h) and video looping. Actually used it on the first day out when an SUV buzzed our group. We got the tag#, and I'll be sending the footage and the details to local law enforcement - possibly a futile gesture, but we have to try.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...dba2bc4681.png

I have the same rear camera/light but wasn’t a fan of the seatpost mount.
In case you’re looking for an under saddle mount, I got a Cycliq to Garmin adapter from shapeways.com. I also bought a pair of generic under saddle Garmin mounts from Amazon so I could easily swap it from one bike to the other.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...182686a90.jpeg

Troul 09-24-21 06:19 PM

some new presta equipped tubes.

Sy Reene 09-24-21 06:43 PM


Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22244540)
some new presta equipped tubes.

fancy!

Troul 09-24-21 07:08 PM


Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 22244562)
fancy!

the last order was not so fancy & had to be returned for a refund.

ussprinceton 09-25-21 07:50 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...764c69c81e.jpg

billnuke1 09-25-21 11:23 AM

!
 
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2b83575ba.jpeg
Usually I’ll lay my bicycles down in the bed…
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1760099e9.jpeg
Bed was full of water from last night’s rain…I saw this at the new bike store, “Boss Cycle and Locksmith”, that I had visited a couple of times…


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.