Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bicycle jerseys vs Nike Dri Fit

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Bicycle jerseys vs Nike Dri Fit

Old 04-20-10, 11:38 PM
  #26  
Go as fast as you can
 
travkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 733

Bikes: Ritte Bosberg with SRAM Red and Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL's

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
play baseball with a glove and bat, surf with a surfboard. boardshorts, wetsuit, play tackle football with pads and helmet....you wear what works best for the given activity/sport. I haven't been on the BF for awhile now and threads like these are what took me away in the first place. And here I am commenting on it. Damn!
travkat is offline  
Old 04-20-10, 11:47 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Copperhed51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Overland Park, KS and Denver, CO
Posts: 720

Bikes: 2008 Felt F5 w/ SRAM Force, 2002 Giant OCR2, Specialized Stumpjumper M2 Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Barbeque!
Not so sure why jerseys are so popular to wear. I just bought a few Nike shirts that are 20-35bucks- they are light, somewhat tight fitting, and doesnt get wet from sweat. Whereas jerseys targeted towards cyclists are more expensive and they seem to have tons of ads on them, I dont mind the small swoosh Nike puts on their clothing. Is there something I am missing when it comes to jerseys?
Yes
Copperhed51 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 12:05 AM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
cyclezealot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
Posts: 13,230

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Barbeque!
Not so sure why jerseys are so popular to wear. ............ Whereas jerseys targeted towards cyclists are more expensive and they seem to have tons of ads on them, I dont mind the small swoosh Nike puts on their clothing. Is there something I am missing when it comes to jerseys?
Odd, it's the Nike logo I'd find offensive.. I buy New Balance and prefer Addidas... And, It's my club insigna and sponsors logos of which I proudly wear...Maybe these Nike shirts are sweat wicking, but do they hang low over your rear while stooped over your handlebars.. No one really wants to get a look at the top of your arse just because your jersey rides high..
__________________
Pray for the Dead and Fight like Hell for the Living










^ Since January 1, 2012
cyclezealot is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 12:06 AM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
mustang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,719

Bikes: 2006 road bike, 2012 cx bike, 2012 carbon rb, 2014 hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Jerseys with adverts everywhere is like getting a news website subscription and still getting the darn adverts. That'd p*ss me off (that's a missing 'i' btw ). I have a nike sleeveless top which i use as a base layer.

I would wear a logo'd jersey if *I* got paid for it. Just like women can wear tops with advertising on the front. Though I guess I'd get less money.
mustang1 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 12:44 AM
  #30  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by travkat
play baseball with a glove and bat, surf with a surfboard. boardshorts, wetsuit, play tackle football with pads and helmet....you wear what works best for the given activity/sport. I haven't been on the BF for awhile now and threads like these are what took me away in the first place. And here I am commenting on it. Damn!
Sorry

The Nike shirts I have been wearing goes passed my waist. The issue with the jerseys is the few big sporting goods stores and LBS seem to charge quite a bit for the jersey so if pockets and a front zipper make a huge difference maybe I will pay buy one to give it a try. I main issue was to figure out why exactly cycling jerseys are better


Originally Posted by cyclezealot
Odd, it's the Nike logo I'd find offensive.. I buy New Balance and prefer Addidas... And, It's my club insigna and sponsors logos of which I proudly wear...Maybe these Nike shirts are sweat wicking, but do they hang low over your rear while stooped over your handlebars.. No one really wants to get a look at the top of your arse just because your jersey rides high..
I think it was an Adidas one that I tried on and it had three small vertical strips on the back that seem to be of a heavy material…I thought that might annoy me as I ride.
Mr.Barbeque! is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 12:59 AM
  #31  
Batüwü Creakcreak
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The illadelph
Posts: 20,796
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang1
Jerseys with adverts everywhere is like getting a news website subscription and still getting the darn adverts. That'd p*ss me off (that's a missing 'i' btw ). I have a nike sleeveless top which i use as a base layer.

I would wear a logo'd jersey if *I* got paid for it. Just like women can wear tops with advertising on the front. Though I guess I'd get less money.
You can wear your logo'd jersey if you get paid for it.

I'll continue to wear mine to:
1) Support companies/frame builders/etc that I like.
2) Ride wearing the logo's of the sponsors for my team, even if I'll never see a penny of it.
3) Because they're freaking clutch.
ridethecliche is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
smurray
Road Cycling
12
04-21-14 06:42 PM
Guinnessmike
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
68
10-03-13 09:11 AM
hhnngg1
Road Cycling
36
10-04-11 10:43 AM
jethro56
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
15
08-08-11 09:48 PM
prendrefeu
Road Cycling
19
06-19-11 06:10 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.