Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Show your Bianchi

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Show your Bianchi

Old 02-08-11, 09:40 PM
  #126  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 26

Bikes: Biachi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^ and what is your seatpost. really good setup!
rwmichel is offline  
Old 02-08-11, 09:58 PM
  #127  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,107
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rwmichel
is that an origin 8 stem?
the stem is a deda murex. they have been discontinued but the origin 8 copy is somewhat close in appearance.

Originally Posted by rwmichel
^^^ and what is your seatpost. really good setup!
the seatpost is a mid 90s ritchey wcs. it is still available today but has changed slightly. mine is black with a silver head. the new ones have a one piece shaft/head and is only available in all silver or black with a silver clamp.
thirdgenbird is offline  
Old 02-08-11, 11:22 PM
  #128  
Senior Member
 
mazdaspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WA state
Posts: 4,823
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not the best picture but...



Now with 600 tri-color derailleurs, shifters, and dual pivot brakes.
mazdaspeed is offline  
Old 02-14-11, 06:29 AM
  #129  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 3

Bikes: Bianchi 928 TCube, Mrazek BOH-FX, Surly Pugsley, Surley Long Haul Trucker, Storck Adrenaline Pro, Cube CC Limited

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One of the lasts T-Cubes

Last week the new saddle and the wheels came in, so now it's where it should be.



Frame&fork : Bianchi T-Cube, celeste, 59 cm
Groupset : Campagnolo Centaur UltraShift, 59-39x13-26, with Nokon-cabling
Seatpost, stem and handlebars : FSA SL-K, Bianchi-graphics
Saddle : Fizik Arione, black with celeste
Bottlecages : Elite Moro d'Elite
Wheels : Fulcrum Racing Zero, clincher-only

How did it come into existence ?

Between 1980 and 2000 I rode Bianchi 748 and 848 frame with a Campagnolo/Gipiemme mix, originally a 2x5 setup, later a 2x6 setup with friction-shifters and toe-clips.

After 5 years doing hardly any cycling, getting the 848 on the road again was hardly realistic, and about as expensive as a decent new bike, so, having found another LBS (my previous one had retired by then), in came a Bianchi 1885 in the silvery CenteVigento (120 year anniversary) colours, Campagnolo Mirage group, including hubs, with Rigida DP18. Last year I replaced the Mirage-group, of which chainwheels, chain and cassette were extremely worn, with a Centaur-group (I loved the new-style grips as I used on my Surly Long Haul Trucker with a Campagnolo Comp Triple + Centaur mix).

For my 5'11.5" the 55 cm frame should have been appropriate, but I never felt really happy on it. Having 4 bikes of which 1 just didn't feel right, I decided to gambloe and switch frame, upped the size with 2 increments to 59 cm, and went for a T-Cube, that being a carbon frame reportedly appreciated by heavier riders (and I'm over 200 lbs, not being able to sit really deep was responsible for one of the size-increments).

I was thinking about a FSA K-Light/K-Wing setup, but then the Bianchi-shop came out with an SL-K-combo with Bianchi-grpahics, so that was decided then and there. The groupset, and initially the wheels, came over from my 1885. I wanted the white T-Cube, but by the time I ordered it the frame had disappeared from the Bianchi-offering, and my LBS lay a claim on one in Bianchi's warrantee-stock, which meant that I had to wait half a year until the warrantee-period for the final regular T-Cubes had expired. In the end there was so much interest in the T-Cube that Bianchi ran another production-batch, but I could only get a celeste one, which didn't look too good on pictures, but was a very pleasant surprise when I collected it. The bottle-cages are Elite Moro d'Elite, chosen because the graphics match the Bianchi-OEM-graphics on SL-K-components.

The minute I stepped on the T-Cube it was clear that now I had 4 bikes which felt good as soon as I set down, so I decided to improve weight and looks by replacing the wheels. My initial thought were Campagnolo Shamals, but the logos contain too much red for my liking, but the Fulcrum Racing Zeroes are much the same wheel, in a nice black and white in the clincher-only version, and I like the spoke-pattern better than the G3 of the Shamals.
mvdejong is offline  
Old 02-14-11, 08:06 AM
  #130  
Bianchi Goddess
 
Bianchigirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Shady Pines Retirement Fort Wayne, In
Posts: 29,620

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2869 Post(s)
Liked 2,624 Times in 1,401 Posts
I don't think I posted this bike yet. it is my '87 Sport SX the bike and Bianchi that started it all. like some of you my first new bike can a bit late in life. I did everything with this poor old girl, training, commuting training races, I tried cyclocross with her, you name it we did it.

the original Suntour Alpha 5000s bits are long gone but I scored some last year to be a of restoration/update/overhaul.



Tange ChroMo frame/fork Suntour Alpha 5000 derailleurs, cranks, and brake calipers. Campi Record Corse brake levers, shimano bb,

original parts still hanging on are Sansin hubs, Araya 20 front rim, Levin HS, Laparde seatpost and seat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0401.jpg (99.4 KB, 651 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC_0403.jpg (95.8 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC_0405.jpg (101.2 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC_0350.jpg (99.8 KB, 279 views)
__________________
One morning you wake up, the girl is gone, the bikes are gone, all that's left behind is a pair of old tires and a tube of tubular glue, all squeezed out"

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Bianchigirll is offline  
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 02-14-11, 08:14 AM
  #131  
Lost
 
AngryScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: nutley, nj
Posts: 4,600
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by mvdejong
Last week the new saddle and the wheels came in, so now it's where it should be.



Frame&fork : Bianchi T-Cube, celeste, 59 cm
Groupset : Campagnolo Centaur UltraShift, 59-39x13-26, with Nokon-cabling
Seatpost, stem and handlebars : FSA SL-K, Bianchi-graphics
Saddle : Fizik Arione, black with celeste
Bottlecages : Elite Moro d'Elite
Wheels : Fulcrum Racing Zero, clincher-only

How did it come into existence ?

Between 1980 and 2000 I rode Bianchi 748 and 848 frame with a Campagnolo/Gipiemme mix, originally a 2x5 setup, later a 2x6 setup with friction-shifters and toe-clips.

After 5 years doing hardly any cycling, getting the 848 on the road again was hardly realistic, and about as expensive as a decent new bike, so, having found another LBS (my previous one had retired by then), in came a Bianchi 1885 in the silvery CenteVigento (120 year anniversary) colours, Campagnolo Mirage group, including hubs, with Rigida DP18. Last year I replaced the Mirage-group, of which chainwheels, chain and cassette were extremely worn, with a Centaur-group (I loved the new-style grips as I used on my Surly Long Haul Trucker with a Campagnolo Comp Triple + Centaur mix).

For my 5'11.5" the 55 cm frame should have been appropriate, but I never felt really happy on it. Having 4 bikes of which 1 just didn't feel right, I decided to gambloe and switch frame, upped the size with 2 increments to 59 cm, and went for a T-Cube, that being a carbon frame reportedly appreciated by heavier riders (and I'm over 200 lbs, not being able to sit really deep was responsible for one of the size-increments).

I was thinking about a FSA K-Light/K-Wing setup, but then the Bianchi-shop came out with an SL-K-combo with Bianchi-grpahics, so that was decided then and there. The groupset, and initially the wheels, came over from my 1885. I wanted the white T-Cube, but by the time I ordered it the frame had disappeared from the Bianchi-offering, and my LBS lay a claim on one in Bianchi's warrantee-stock, which meant that I had to wait half a year until the warrantee-period for the final regular T-Cubes had expired. In the end there was so much interest in the T-Cube that Bianchi ran another production-batch, but I could only get a celeste one, which didn't look too good on pictures, but was a very pleasant surprise when I collected it. The bottle-cages are Elite Moro d'Elite, chosen because the graphics match the Bianchi-OEM-graphics on SL-K-components.

The minute I stepped on the T-Cube it was clear that now I had 4 bikes which felt good as soon as I set down, so I decided to improve weight and looks by replacing the wheels. My initial thought were Campagnolo Shamals, but the logos contain too much red for my liking, but the Fulcrum Racing Zeroes are much the same wheel, in a nice black and white in the clincher-only version, and I like the spoke-pattern better than the G3 of the Shamals.
beautiful bike - how did you source the fizik with celeste ?
AngryScientist is offline  
Old 02-14-11, 09:03 AM
  #132  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 3

Bikes: Bianchi 928 TCube, Mrazek BOH-FX, Surly Pugsley, Surley Long Haul Trucker, Storck Adrenaline Pro, Cube CC Limited

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryScientist
beautiful bike - how did you source the fizik with celeste ?
Bianchi has a store on its own website with all kinds of Bianchi-logo'd stuff, for the US : https://www.bianchiusa.com/store/

Then there is another outlet : https://www.bianchistore.com/en/home/home.aspx, but unfortunately for the US-citizens :
Bianchi Store cannot take orders with destinations in the United States
and I haven't found if there is a US-based version of that store.

I saw the saddle and the SL-K stuff initially on the eBay-listing from the German BianchiStore. I'm from The Netherlands, and there is a Dutch version of that store, but it has not really been functional for over a year (the site states that it cannot take orders from the web, only by phone), so as usual I tasked my (official Bianchi-vendor) LBS to obtain it for me, which he managed, probably via the Bianchi-distributor. That way I obtained both the saddle and the SL-K-combo.

eBay itself is a good source too, that way I acquired a Fizik Arione from HongKong, in celeste with a dark-blue stripe, for a 1990's Bianchi Krono, but that was the old, real, celeste colour, much more softer and golden than the harsher celeste of the T-Cube (and the celeste of the current generation is somewhat softer again, but with a greyish sheen).
mvdejong is offline  
Old 06-28-20, 07:50 PM
  #133  
Senior Member
 
wthensler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gatorland and BlueRidge heaven
Posts: 774

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR 7, 2012 Giant Defy 0, 2012 Trek Domane 6.2 P1, Bianchi Infinito CV disc Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 250 Posts
Infinito CV disc, size 57 with Ultegra Di2 and ENVE 45 wheels. Running Vittoria Corsa 28 tubeless tires. Got it a few weeks ago, put about 200 robust’ miles in the hills of VA. I just got black bottles for it.....
__________________
Ride hard and ride on......
wthensler is offline  
Likes For wthensler:
Old 06-29-20, 01:48 PM
  #134  
Senior Member
 
thehammerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NWNJ
Posts: 3,704

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
lots of nice looking Bianchis on here. here are a few of mine

nice collection.but at some point it is called a disease....
sell me one cheap.
size 56.
thanks.
thehammerdog is offline  
Likes For thehammerdog:
Old 06-29-20, 01:49 PM
  #135  
Senior Member
 
thehammerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NWNJ
Posts: 3,704

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
I loved mine. Light, stiff, quick.



Unforntunately, now it's just a wall decoration in my garage now.


ouch.
sad.
thehammerdog is offline  
Old 06-29-20, 02:05 PM
  #136  
Senior Member
 
caloso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sacramento, California, USA
Posts: 40,865

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,105 Times in 1,417 Posts
An unexpected blast from the past. Interestingly I have repurposed the Ksyriums and the Red shifters to my CX bike.
caloso is offline  
Old 08-22-20, 02:25 PM
  #137  
Senior Member
 
rousseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 2,812
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 21 Posts
2004 Bianchi ML3, aluminum frame with carbon fork. Chorus 11-speed and ten-year-old Zipp carbon tubulars. Selle San Marco Regale carbon saddle. Waiting for a replacement body for the left/front shifter, so it's downtube shifting on the front for now.

rousseau is offline  
Likes For rousseau:
Old 08-26-20, 09:11 AM
  #138  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
these look awesome!
robin_mcwatt is offline  
Old 08-27-20, 02:01 PM
  #139  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 12

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Trek 4500, and a dumpster dive Specialized road bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
I'm getting back into cycling after about 20 years away and even then it was only mountain biking. I pulled this Bianchi Eros out of my dad's basement, but he doesn't remember anything about it. He and I are the same size and it fits well. Hopefully after a tune up this will get me out and riding again.


FrBrown is offline  
Likes For FrBrown:
Old 11-14-20, 02:36 PM
  #140  
Senior Member
 
Reflector Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,339

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,263 Times in 586 Posts
Note the "celeste-ish" graffiti in the background...

Reflector Guy is online now  
Likes For Reflector Guy:
Old 11-15-20, 12:42 AM
  #141  
Grupetto Bob
 
rsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 5,877

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2430 Post(s)
Liked 5,203 Times in 2,720 Posts
Campioni del Mundo and Infinito CV



Team Celeste- Vintage vs new
__________________
Road 🚴🏾‍♂️ & Mountain 🚵🏾‍♂️







rsbob is offline  
Likes For rsbob:
Old 11-15-20, 08:03 AM
  #142  
minimalist cyclist
 
Deal4Fuji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,739

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,601 Times in 921 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I don't think I posted this bike yet. it is my '87 Sport SX the bike and Bianchi that started it all. like some of you my first new bike can a bit late in life. I did everything with this poor old girl, training, commuting training races, I tried cyclocross with her, you name it we did it.

Tange ChroMo frame/fork Suntour Alpha 5000 derailleurs, cranks, and brake calipers. Campi Record Corse brake levers, shimano bb,

original parts still hanging on are Sansin hubs, Araya 20 front rim, Levin HS, Laparde seatpost and seat
I like a bike with attitude ^^^. This zombie thread needs some purple




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkIwO_X4i4
Deal4Fuji is offline  
Likes For Deal4Fuji:
Old 11-16-20, 11:18 AM
  #143  
serious cyclist
 
Bah Humbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 21,147

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
The Sprint is calling me. Has anyone here tried one yet?
Bah Humbug is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 04:39 PM
  #144  
Senior Member
 
kissTheApex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,439

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
The Sprint is calling me. Has anyone here tried one yet?
Do eet!
kissTheApex is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 05:45 PM
  #145  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: location location
Posts: 3,027

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 203 Posts
Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji
I like a bike with attitude ^^^. This zombie thread needs some purple



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkIwO_X4i4
Do those Campag shifter work with the 600 derailleur? How many speeds are you running on that?
Leinster is offline  
Old 05-18-23, 08:40 AM
  #146  
Junior Member
 
longhitv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 32 Posts
My 3.
  • 1980 748 Rekord with NOS 600 tricolor Group. Hanging on wall.
  • 1987 Original Giro Specialissima with Dura Ace
  • 1987 Limited frame "Metallic green" with 2005-7 Campagnolo Record group. (Awesome riding bike)

Restored 1980 748


1987 Giro


1987 Limited
longhitv is offline  
Likes For longhitv:
Old 05-18-23, 08:43 AM
  #147  
Junior Member
 
longhitv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 32 Posts
They rest beside my
  • 2017 CF Wilier GTR and my
  • 2012 Copper dipped Motobecane single speed


longhitv is offline  
Likes For longhitv:
Old 06-02-23, 01:55 PM
  #148  
Senior Member
 
malcala622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 4,295

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1189 Post(s)
Liked 1,288 Times in 701 Posts
Bianchi Intenso. Riding currently in San Diego Bay and parked at Burger King


malcala622 is offline  
Likes For malcala622:
Old 06-02-23, 11:01 PM
  #149  
Grupetto Bob
 
rsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 5,877

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2430 Post(s)
Liked 5,203 Times in 2,720 Posts

Infinito CV
__________________
Road 🚴🏾‍♂️ & Mountain 🚵🏾‍♂️







rsbob is offline  
Old 06-03-23, 10:55 AM
  #150  
Senior Member
 
ussprinceton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Durham, NC 27705 USA
Posts: 1,076

Bikes: '18 S-Works Tarmac (white letters), '18 S-Works Tarmac (black letters), '22 Allez Elite, '16 Emonda SL, '03 fuel100, '14 adventure3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 66 Posts
I love the celeste color
ussprinceton is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.