Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Hot deals - post 'em if you got 'em.

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Hot deals - post 'em if you got 'em.

Old 07-13-20, 06:05 PM
  #2826  
vandalarchitect
Vandalized since 2002
 
vandalarchitect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Seemed good enough of a deal for me to pick up a pair in the 25mm size to replace a cut Yksion Pro UST tire. Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless, $34.34 each at Competitive Cyclist. It’s the older version without the newer Addix compound.

If you want wider and the newer compound: Merlin has those for a few extra ... $37.91. They’re sold out of the 25s.
vandalarchitect is offline  
Likes For vandalarchitect:
Old 07-13-20, 06:25 PM
  #2827  
WhyFi
Senior Member
 
WhyFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 30,069

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13161 Post(s)
Liked 2,546 Times in 1,363 Posts
Originally Posted by vandalarchitect View Post
Seemed good enough of a deal for me to pick up a pair in the 25mm size to replace a cut Yksion Pro UST tire. Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless, $34.34 each at Competitive Cyclist. It’s the older version without the newer Addix compound.

If you want wider and the newer compound: Merlin has those for a few extra ... $37.91. They’re sold out of the 25s.
FYI the new version is narrower than the previous - their nominal size is made to reflect being mounted on wider rims; the new 28mm on 17mm int rims measure out to ~26mm.
WhyFi is offline  
Old 07-13-20, 06:48 PM
  #2828  
vandalarchitect
Vandalized since 2002
 
vandalarchitect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
FYI the new version is narrower than the previous - their nominal size is made to reflect being mounted on wider rims; the new 28mm on 17mm int rims measure out to ~26mm.
good to know. I might be able to fit a newer 28mm tire on my 19mm int rims at that rate. The Yksion Pros were measuring about 27mm.
vandalarchitect is offline  
Old 07-13-20, 06:57 PM
  #2829  
WhyFi
Senior Member
 
WhyFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 30,069

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13161 Post(s)
Liked 2,546 Times in 1,363 Posts
Originally Posted by vandalarchitect View Post
good to know. I might be able to fit a newer 28mm tire on my 19mm int rims at that rate. The Yksion Pros were measuring about 27mm.
Yeah, Schwalbe said specifically that they should measure true to size on a 19mm int rim.
WhyFi is offline  
Old 07-16-20, 06:08 PM
  #2830  
thenewjs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-Edge...wAAOSwEGVeSvS-
thenewjs is offline  
Old 07-17-20, 10:56 AM
  #2831  
oris
I like speed
 
oris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Eastvale, CA
Posts: 24

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Ridley Ignite, Cannondale SuperSix Hi Mod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thought this might be worth posting; I picked up a set to try them out.

Zipp Tangente Course R28 (2 Pack)

https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp...jor=1&minor=27
oris is offline  
Old 07-22-20, 12:09 PM
  #2832  
cvrle1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
REI has Shimano Ultegra 11-Speed Cassette, various sizes:

11-25T/11-28T $67
11-32T $72

https://www.rei.com/product/131423/s...sku=1314230001
cvrle1 is offline  
Old 07-24-20, 09:30 AM
  #2833  
khoelsema
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Free Le Col Sports Gilet with first order over £100

LINK

Full Disclaimer: This a referral, if you use the link I'll get a Sports Gilet too
khoelsema is offline  
Old 07-26-20, 02:56 PM
  #2834  
btppberk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garmin Edge 1030, $400

Similar deal on the bundle.
btppberk is online now  
Old 07-26-20, 03:01 PM
  #2835  
Princess_Allez
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by vandalarchitect View Post
Seemed good enough of a deal for me to pick up a pair in the 25mm size to replace a cut Yksion Pro UST tire. Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless, $34.34 each at Competitive Cyclist. It’s the older version without the newer Addix compound.

If you want wider and the newer compound: Merlin has those for a few extra ... $37.91. They’re sold out of the 25s.
I'm in this same boat: I've gone thru 5 Yksion Pro UST tires in less than two years. I'm sick of replacing them, just to have them puncture/cut in <200 miles. Hopefully these Schwalbe Pro Ones do a better job. At least with this deal I'm not eating the full cost every time I puncture. Thanks for the link
Princess_Allez is offline  
Old 07-26-20, 04:42 PM
  #2836  
WhyFi
Senior Member
 
WhyFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 30,069

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13161 Post(s)
Liked 2,546 Times in 1,363 Posts
Originally Posted by Princess_Allez View Post
I'm in this same boat: I've gone thru 5 Yksion Pro UST tires in less than two years. I'm sick of replacing them, just to have them puncture/cut in <200 miles. Hopefully these Schwalbe Pro Ones do a better job. At least with this deal I'm not eating the full cost every time I puncture. Thanks for the link
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the lack of durability is the main knock against the Pro 1. The new Pro 1 Addix has supposedly addressed that issue, but it's still relatively new, so the jury is still out. I think that I'm at ~1300 miles on mine and they've been stellar thus far.
WhyFi is offline  
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 07-27-20, 11:30 AM
  #2837  
noodle soup
Senior Member
 
noodle soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,209
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 1,249 Times in 714 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the lack of durability is the main knock against the Pro 1. The new Pro 1 Addix has supposedly addressed that issue, but it's still relatively new, so the jury is still out. I think that I'm at ~1300 miles on mine and they've been stellar thus far.
I have about the same mileage on mine, and couldn't be happier with them. I wish Merlin didn't limit orders @4. I'd order 10, and get free 2-3 day shipping.
noodle soup is offline  
Likes For noodle soup:
Old 07-27-20, 03:56 PM
  #2838  
Princess_Allez
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the lack of durability is the main knock against the Pro 1. The new Pro 1 Addix has supposedly addressed that issue, but it's still relatively new, so the jury is still out. I think that I'm at ~1300 miles on mine and they've been stellar thus far.
That is unfortunate news... at least I got the tires @ 60% off their retail; I won't feel so bad every time I replace a tire. Hopefully Merlin gets the new Pro 1 Addix 25c back in stock sometime soon. That way I can purchase it at their killer pricing. I'll keep an eye out for the reviews to see if the Addix layer does anything much better. It seems like not many -if any- of the higher-end road tires do much in terms of puncture/slash mitigation anyways...
Princess_Allez is offline  
Old 07-27-20, 04:09 PM
  #2839  
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli
 
Sy Reene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I am
Posts: 5,977

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3003 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 313 Posts
FWIW... 2-pack 25mm Vittoria Corsa Controls back in stock at Excel at $79.. somehow better than any UK dealer. Really like this tire for tubed. Any tubeless users out there with reports yet on that version?
Sy Reene is offline  
Old 07-27-20, 06:18 PM
  #2840  
WhyFi
Senior Member
 
WhyFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 30,069

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13161 Post(s)
Liked 2,546 Times in 1,363 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene View Post
FWIW... 2-pack 25mm Vittoria Corsa Controls back in stock at Excel at $79.. somehow better than any UK dealer. Really like this tire for tubed. Any tubeless users out there with reports yet on that version?
It's been on my shortlist to try for a little while. The Controls have a little more meat on the tread compared to the regular Corsa, but that's the extent of the difference, as far as I understand. In general, people report that the Corsa/Control TLRs are really nice tires but some users are quite adamant that they're a very, very difficult tire to mount. I still want to try them, but some of those reports seemed credible enough that they got bumped down a slot or two (in favor or the Pro One Addix). Hopefully I'll get around to them (or the new Pirelli) next year... or maybe even be appropriate for late fall/late winter and I could save some wear on the Pro Ones.
WhyFi is offline  
Old 07-27-20, 06:27 PM
  #2841  
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli
 
Sy Reene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I am
Posts: 5,977

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3003 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
It's been on my shortlist to try for a little while. The Controls have a little more meat on the tread compared to the regular Corsa, but that's the extent of the difference, as far as I understand. In general, people report that the Corsa/Control TLRs are really nice tires but some users are quite adamant that they're a very, very difficult tire to mount. I still want to try them, but some of those reports seemed credible enough that they got bumped down a slot or two (in favor or the Pro One Addix). Hopefully I'll get around to them (or the new Pirelli) next year... or maybe even be appropriate for late fall/late winter and I could save some wear on the Pro Ones.
FWIW, the only difference between the Corsa Control and Corsa is the tread width, and Not the thickness. The control seems to extend the center tread area by 3mm vs. the non-Control. Makes a big difference IMO, at least on a 25mm tire, in being able to brush aside crap that might otherwise gouge the sidewall. I only ask about the TL variety as I now have a varietal of the Kinlin x31 wheels showing up soon; supposedly TL ready, though I intend to start with tubes.
Sy Reene is offline  
Old 07-27-20, 06:46 PM
  #2842  
WhyFi
Senior Member
 
WhyFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 30,069

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13161 Post(s)
Liked 2,546 Times in 1,363 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene View Post
FWIW, the only difference between the Corsa Control and Corsa is the tread width, and Not the thickness. The control seems to extend the center tread area by 3mm vs. the non-Control. Makes a big difference IMO, at least on a 25mm tire, in being able to brush aside crap that might otherwise gouge the sidewall. I only ask about the TL variety as I now have a varietal of the Kinlin x31 wheels showing up soon; supposedly TL ready, though I intend to start with tubes.
Having that extra tread width is probably nice for the owners of some of the wider rims out there, too. That in mind, and with 23mm int width hookless rims, I should probably go with the Controls rather than the regular Corsa.
WhyFi is offline  
Old 07-29-20, 12:28 PM
  #2843  
noodle soup
Senior Member
 
noodle soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,209
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 1,249 Times in 714 Posts
10% off LightBicycle wheelsets with DT Swiss DT240 hubs

https://www.lightbicycle.com/newslet...lset-Sale.html
noodle soup is offline  
Old 07-29-20, 12:34 PM
  #2844  
Chandne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver area (Ken Caryl Valley)
Posts: 1,248

Bikes: 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2015 Tarmac S-Works DA DI2 Disc, 2015 Crux E5, Yeti SB4.5, Specialized Fatboy Carbon

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Are those Light Bicycle rims any good, as in durable and relatively stiff? I have steered clear of them in the past on my MTBs but I am sure they have learned a lot these past 3-4 years. I need a gravel disc wheelset and one of their rims looks like it may fit the bill at 22mm wide and 28mm deep
Chandne is offline  
Old 07-29-20, 06:29 PM
  #2845  
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli
 
Sy Reene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I am
Posts: 5,977

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3003 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 313 Posts
Assos Mille GT bibs

Just found a pair of Assos Mille GT bibs on Wiggle for ~$85. Seems like a good price. not sure what sizes are left.
Sy Reene is offline  
Old 07-30-20, 09:55 AM
  #2846  
noodle soup
Senior Member
 
noodle soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,209
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 1,249 Times in 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene View Post
Just found a pair of Assos Mille GT bibs on Wiggle for ~$85. Seems like a good price. not sure what sizes are left.
No sizes are available in those bibs, but all sizes of the T.Mille Shorts S7 are available for $82
noodle soup is offline  
Old 07-30-20, 11:15 AM
  #2847  
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli
 
Sy Reene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I am
Posts: 5,977

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3003 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup View Post
No sizes are available in those bibs, but all sizes of the T.Mille Shorts S7 are available for $82
Good to know! FYI, there are 2 sizes showing left of the T.Mille but they're the XLG and TIR sizes in blue (for big/tall people). I picked up a pair in my size in blue but that size is now sold out (maybe last pair).
Sy Reene is offline  
Old 07-31-20, 08:12 AM
  #2848  
NoWhammies
Senior Member
 
NoWhammies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,335

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts
Either I'm being geo-blocked OR all of the bibs are gone. By the time I arrived on the website there was nothing left in Assos.
NoWhammies is offline  
Old 07-31-20, 07:04 PM
  #2849  
noodle soup
Senior Member
 
noodle soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,209
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 1,249 Times in 714 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies View Post
Either I'm being geo-blocked OR all of the bibs are gone. By the time I arrived on the website there was nothing left in Assos.
Try this https://www.wiggle.com/assos-tmille-s7-bib-shorts-1 all sizes are showing.
noodle soup is offline  
Old 08-05-20, 08:07 AM
  #2850  
NoWhammies
Senior Member
 
NoWhammies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,335

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts
Thanks noodle soup By the time I managed to click on the link (I was offline for a few days) I am being told "sorry, the product is no loner available". Snooze you loose I suppose. Thanks for posting the link.
NoWhammies is offline  
Likes For NoWhammies:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.