View Single Post
Old 04-16-18, 02:09 AM
spectastic
commu*ist spy

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
this is really pissing me off. I hit a bump on this rather sketchy course that resulted in my chain dropping off of the inner ring, and me having to get off the bike to get it back on. I was not shifting in the front. it was the force of the bump, combined with me trying to pedal that resulted the chain getting derailed, not really user error any more than it would've been if I had gotten a pinch flat from hitting a pot hole. when I roll to the pit, the official immediately denied me a free lap, assuming that the mishap was due to rider error, or poorly adjusted bike. I went to the mechanic later, and according to him, my inner limit screw was right where it should be. If we were climbing, and I was shifting to my small ring, and my chain drops, I wouldn't have complained. But this situation doesn't seem right. I ended up entering back in the race, and finished 5th, but they had me at 1 lap down, so my result didn't count. One of the officials, as well as other racers approached me saying that next time, I should say that I went down. I think I should've been allowed back in the race. what do you think?