Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Here's the new bike (CR1 Pro)

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-11, 01:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 4 Posts

Overall, I love it. Still having some issues with the RD (I think the cage is bent, having issues in the largest couple cogs.) Overall though, a fantastic frame. I only have about 25 miles on it so far, but it's so smooth. I'm consciously aware of how much smoother it is to ride than my old bike (2010 Trek 2.1)

Any questions, feel free.

Old 05-09-11, 05:31 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice. What size is it?
Old 05-09-11, 05:35 AM
Flying Under the Radar

Bikes: 10' SuperiorLite SL Club | 06' Giant FCR3 | 2010 GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This years lineup of Scotts is easily the nicest yet. These Cr1's are really nice to look at and ride.
Old 05-09-11, 05:40 AM

Bikes: S5 VWD & SL-7 S works Red.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think that the CR1 is one of the nicest comfort bikes.
Old 05-09-11, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great looking bike, is that the CC build ? How did you like dealing with them ?
Old 05-09-11, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nice! I'm biased, because I'm about to pull the trigger on a CR1 myself. Interested in the CC question too, as I may go that route.
Old 05-09-11, 08:26 AM

Bikes: 2008 Cervelo RS, 2011 Scott CR1 Elite, 2014 Volagi Liscio

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Very nice! Just picked up a CR1 Elite myself. Should we start a "Show us your CR1 thread"?
Old 05-09-11, 08:31 AM

Bikes: Scott CR1 Home Spun

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by v70cat
I think that the CR1 is one of the nicest comfort bikes.
I must agree
Old 05-09-11, 06:15 PM

It's a size 56.

Yeah, I totally agree, these new ones look way better than the older ones, imo.

Yep, it's a CC featured bike. I had / am having some issues due to some shipping damage with the RD. Not their fault, it really was packed about as good as I imagine it can be done. They're handling it really well, shipping me out a new RD tomorrow. Overall I like them. I needed new pedals, and it's 10% off when you purchase a bike, so that worked out. Can't really find Speedplays any cheaper anywhere else.

The only thing I'm not loving is the non-tillable seatpost. I want it a few degrees more level (It's a bit nose down,) as I feel myself sliding forward a bit. I'll probably upgrade that. Other than that, great.
Old 05-09-11, 06:24 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I would be shocked if you can't adjust that seat angle. Try loosening the bolt(s) form below the rails until they are very loose, pull up on the saddle or the cradle (not sure how to say this) -- to dislodge the cradle from the post. It might have some teeth/notches that make the adjustment more grippy, there should be tilt available.

If there wasn't no one would buy it.
Old 05-09-11, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by valygrl
I would be shocked if you can't adjust that seat angle. Try loosening the bolt(s) form below the rails until they are very loose, pull up on the saddle or the cradle (not sure how to say this) -- to dislodge the cradle from the post. It might have some teeth/notches that make the adjustment more grippy, there should be tilt available.

It's very possible I'm dumb, haha, not the first time it's happened lately.

That said, I just googled the post, I might see a way to adjust it I didn't notice before. I was pretty exhausted when I was trying to adjust it.

Last edited by JustinHorne; 05-09-11 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-09-11, 09:03 PM

Bikes: Lynskey R230 DA DI2 ENVE 3.4 SES, 6KU Fixie, Cheap Aluminum Slapstick Trainer only bike

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nice, sitting here waiting for delivery of Addict myself.. Call me crazy but I thought Addict was more comfy for me vs CR1 for some unknown reason... (could be my ape like long arm and short leg)... Looking at components though, I still think CR1 is better deal...
Old 05-09-11, 10:52 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
^^ ooooo cool! I tested both the Addict & the CR1, either would work for me. Honestly, I don't think I could tell much difference climbing, and descending the CR1 felt a little smoother. The addict would have more spacers & a shorter stem so, er, yeah, I decided at least partly based on vanity, partly based on the CR1 fitting my rides better on paper (I don't race, I do long climbing rides). OMG hope it's the right call so much $$$$.
Old 05-10-11, 12:34 AM

Ok, so upon further testing: It's definitely adjustable, it was just basically already as nose-up as possible. Oh well, I had low hopes for the stock saddle anyway. Probably gonna get a Specialized with a cutout.

Originally Posted by bored117
Nice, sitting here waiting for delivery of Addict myself.. Call me crazy but I thought Addict was more comfy for me vs CR1 for some unknown reason... (could be my ape like long arm and short leg)... Looking at components though, I still think CR1 is better deal...

Very nice.

Addicts are great looking bikes, but my body / back is already awful for some reason, so it was out of the question. Still, I bet you'll love it.

^^ ooooo cool! I tested both the Addict & the CR1, either would work for me. Honestly, I don't think I could tell much difference climbing, and descending the CR1 felt a little smoother. The addict would have more spacers & a shorter stem so, er, yeah, I decided at least partly based on vanity, partly based on the CR1 fitting my rides better on paper (I don't race, I do long climbing rides). OMG hope it's the right call so much $$$$.
Yeah. I never even tried the Addict, I knew it wasn't going to happen for me.

That said, I bet you'll love the CR1 when you get it. Even though I had shipping issues, I'd say to go the CC route. They're taking care of me, and even with those issues, I'm still happy. You just get so much more bike for the money.

The shop I went to to get my RD hanger bent back had some madones, so I was playing around while they worked. I picked up a 5.9 and made a comment like, "Whoa, this is pretty heavy." The guy was like, it's about 16.5..." I was just thinking that my CR1 was probably just barely breaking into the 16 range.

The CR1 is a great bike, and I'm very happy I got it, even though I don't have a real ride under it's belt yet. It's just so ungodly smooth riding compared to my other bike.
Old 05-10-11, 02:45 AM

Bikes: Iron Horse Warrior Expert, Dahon MU P8, Bacchetta Giro 26, HP Velotechnik Grasshopper

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to the club. More I ride my CR1, the more I like it.
Old 05-15-11, 07:25 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A CR1 Elite would be my choice for a comfort bike.
Old 05-15-11, 08:15 AM

Bikes: Pedal Force RS2, Canyon, Basso, Tommaso, Rock Racing, Schwinn, SWOBO, Trek

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice bike. Always have liked the graphics of the newer Scott's..................sorta compliments the Force group which I have on my
Pedal Force RS2. Functions great. Read many blurps on where it falls with respect to Shimano: is it right below Dura Ace, Ultegra equivelent, etc.
Good Luck with it.
Old 05-15-11, 08:59 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think that Sram and Shimano both make good stuff. I think the Elite model given its weight and quality wheels is at a good price point ($2,200 +/-). On the other hand a Caad 10 is at $1,200+/- for 105 is at a better price point ( best buy) in the $1,200 +/- road bike category. In addtion the Cervelo R3 Rival is good bike in the $3,000+/- category.

Last edited by v70cat; 05-15-11 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-15-11, 09:06 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I special ordered my CR1 SL frame.
Old 05-15-11, 09:25 AM

Bikes: Trek 1000, Marin San Rafael, Scott CR 1 Team

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awesome ride, Justin. You will love it, as I love my CR1 Team.

BTW, I used to live in Hayden Lake.
Old 05-15-11, 11:59 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haven't had the chance to get a real long ride under my belt with my cr1 team, but I think I chose the right bike for me after riding a few. I just took the spacers from under the stem and went for a 20 miler last night and felt pretty good. That's plenty agressive enough for me and the frame definately absorbs the heavy chip seal I have to ride on quite a bit.

The 5700 105 works well so I'm really happy with my purchase. Only thing I would like to try different at some time is some new/lighter wheels. Would it be a noticable difference to go from the aksiums on the bike currently to something lighter...say like williams sys. 30's or maybe some soul 3.0 or 4.0. These are some sets more in my price range unless I just decide to keep riding mine and save a really nice set of wheels.
Old 05-15-11, 12:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roadrider63
Haven't had the chance to get a real long ride under my belt with my cr1 team, but I think I chose the right bike for me after riding a few. I just took the spacers from under the stem and went for a 20 miler last night and felt pretty good. That's plenty agressive enough for me and the frame definately absorbs the heavy chip seal I have to ride on quite a bit.

The 5700 105 works well so I'm really happy with my purchase. Only thing I would like to try different at some time is some new/lighter wheels. Would it be a noticable difference to go from the aksiums on the bike currently to something lighter...say like williams sys. 30's or maybe some soul 3.0 or 4.0. These are some sets more in my price range unless I just decide to keep riding mine and save a really nice set of wheels.
I just last week ordered PSIMET wheels; couldn't handle the windmill affect of the bladed spokes on the askiums.
Old 05-15-11, 02:35 PM

I special ordered my CR1 SL frame.
Very nice. I couldn't justify the extra cost for the performance gains, but I bet it'll be great.

Originally Posted by NebrVandal
Awesome ride, Justin. You will love it, as I love my CR1 Team.

BTW, I used to live in Hayden Lake.

Thanks much, I'm excited. I did about 80mi on it yesterday, it was fantastic. I keep getting surprised at how it smoothes out the road. Awesome engineering. I like paying for / getting stuff that yields noticeable, real work results, not just 700gr vs 680 gr of absorption, whatever.

That's awesome @ Hayden. I saw you live in Omaha now... I've been there before. It's not as bad as some other places, but just field forever vs mountains + flats + lake? I'm sorry.

Originally Posted by NebrVandal
I just last week ordered PSIMET wheels; couldn't handle the windmill affect of the bladed spokes on the askiums.
It was definitely windy yesterday, and I felt myself getting blown around a bit. That said, nothing extreme or unmanageable.
Old 05-15-11, 03:59 PM

Bikes: Colnago, Cervelo, Scott

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Scott frames are pretty awesome for the $$.
Old 05-15-11, 04:28 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JustinHorne
Very nice. I couldn't justify the extra cost for the performance gains, but I bet it'll be great.

Thanks much, I'm excited. I did about 80mi on it yesterday, it was fantastic. I keep getting surprised at how it smoothes out the road. Awesome engineering. I like paying for / getting stuff that yields noticeable, real work results, not just 700gr vs 680 gr of absorption, whatever.

That's awesome @ Hayden. I saw you live in Omaha now... I've been there before. It's not as bad as some other places, but just field forever vs mountains + flats + lake? I'm sorry.

It was definitely windy yesterday, and I felt myself getting blown around a bit. That said, nothing extreme or unmanageable.
Omaha, is not a bad place by any means; good place to raise a family. However, it's not Coeur d'Alene -- the result of a poor career move; which, thankfully has been rectified.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.