Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vianelli frame question

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Vianelli frame question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-20, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1
Doubt that Pelizzoli would have built this but you can never be certain unless you share the pix with him and ask. More likely it was contract-built by one of the big contract shops, one of which COULD be the Bonati shop that bought the Ciocc brand and most assuredly was building the few we have seen with "embossed" tubing, tho this is the first I have seen with THAT exact helical pattern, most others (of MANY Brands) were either a straight or "cross-hatched" pattern some have called "wheat sheaf". Also a mystery who did the embossing cause it seems not to be factory-applied by Columbus, Oria or Deda to their tubing. Plus your Vianelli has a Puch 531 fork, so "pre-Bianchi" fork I would say.
What do you mean at pre-Bianchi?
Old 05-07-20, 11:12 AM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I have sent a message to Vianelli shop, and the frame builder will answer me on Monday, so than we will know the truth.
Old 05-07-20, 11:24 AM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
https://www.cycleexif.com/ciocc-strada

If it’s like this, it has an Oria tubing.
Old 05-07-20, 05:57 PM

Bikes: '76 Colnago Super NR,'83 Romani Aero KL/SP SR, '85 Mino Denti Aero Master CR, '86 ALAN Cyclo-cross DA, '89 Bottecchia SLX CR, '90 Colnago Master Piu CR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by vargalgergo
https://www.cycleexif.com/ciocc-strada

If it’s like this, it has an Oria tubing.
Then there may be a twisted version of the ORIA ML34 tubeset.
Here is another Ciöcc (beautiful):. https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/1985-...ria-ml34-40119
Maybe I'll have a mi****, but I have the feeling that this is a Ciöcc that someone renamed Vianelli.
What is the shape of the cutout on the bottom of the BB shell (középcsapágy-ház)?
Are there three small recesses for the Italian tricolor on the right side of the frame in front of the saddlelug like on the Ciöcc frames (in the links)?
Old 05-07-20, 07:09 PM
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1466 Post(s)
Liked 1,104 Times in 819 Posts
Interesting! As far as I knew there had never been any admission to crimping the tubes in any of the typical patterns from any of the major tubing suppliers before now. Too bad Oria is out of business cause it's still hearsay... but it would appear the OP's frame could very well be made of Oria tubing. And as Alessandro Caccia says in that "cycleexif" quote: "...should be around ’86 to ’89, from the industrial production when Giovanni sold the brand to Cicli Conti (in Fara Gera d’Adda)" which is to say the Bonati factory that made so many of these post-Pellizzoi frames under many brandnames.
To the OP: Puch brand was acquired by Bianchi in approx 1987, so a fork with Reynolds 531 blades as your Vianelli has was made before that time (the fork only, not the frame). Bianchi-made Puchs would be Columbus, nearly 100% including fork blades.
Old 05-07-20, 11:43 PM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Fireleg
Then there may be a twisted version of the ORIA ML34 tubeset.
Here is another Ciöcc (beautiful):. https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/1985-...ria-ml34-40119
Maybe I'll have a mi****, but I have the feeling that this is a Ciöcc that someone renamed Vianelli.
What is the shape of the cutout on the bottom of the BB shell (középcsapágy-ház)?
Are there three small recesses for the Italian

tricolor on the right side of the frame in front of the saddlelug like on the Ciöcc frames (in the links)?
Now I have the answer. There is no recesses.
I sent an email to Cicli Pelizzoli, and they answered me. It’s made by Ciöcc in the Conti era for Vianelli. So the painting was made by Vianelli, and the fork was also a Vianelli, but the frame was made by Ciöcc. So now I have the answer. The guy who I wrote is trying to find a Vianelli fork with Olympic shapes on it for me. That fork would be the original one.
Old 05-07-20, 11:46 PM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1
Interesting! As far as I knew there had never been any admission to crimping the tubes in any of the typical patterns from any of the major tubing suppliers before now. Too bad Oria is out of business cause it's still hearsay... but it would appear the OP's frame could very well be made of Oria tubing. And as Alessandro Caccia says in that "cycleexif" quote: "...should be around ’86 to ’89, from the industrial production when Giovanni sold the brand to Cicli Conti (in Fara Gera d’Adda)" which is to say the Bonati factory that made so many of these post-Pellizzoi frames under many brandnames.
To the OP: Puch brand was acquired by Bianchi in approx 1987, so a fork with Reynolds 531 blades as your Vianelli has was made before that time (the fork only, not the frame). Bianchi-made Puchs would be Columbus, nearly 100% including fork blades.
The guy from Cicli Pelizzoli said that this bike is from the mid 80s. So maybe 84,85,86.
Old 05-08-20, 03:40 AM

Bikes: '76 Colnago Super NR,'83 Romani Aero KL/SP SR, '85 Mino Denti Aero Master CR, '86 ALAN Cyclo-cross DA, '89 Bottecchia SLX CR, '90 Colnago Master Piu CR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by vargalgergo
Now I have the answer. There is no recesses.
I sent an email to Cicli Pelizzoli, and they answered me. It’s made by Ciöcc in the Conti era for Vianelli. So the painting was made by Vianelli, and the fork was also a Vianelli, but the frame was made by Ciöcc. So now I have the answer. The guy who I wrote is trying to find a Vianelli fork with Olympic shapes on it for me. That fork would be the original one.
To the photo: Yes, this is Ciöcc cutout.
If you can't find Vianelli fork, I think you can use Ciöcc fork as well. Getting one is a much smaller challenge, (even for the Italian guy). Anyway, I would look around in the Recikli and in the Maxi-bike, there are (were) lying old Italian forks . If you are lucky, there is a Ciöcc among them too, in your size (at a much better price). From here, it’s up to you to decide what and how much you spend on the bike - and what your goal is with it.
Old 05-08-20, 08:48 AM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Fireleg
To the photo: Yes, this is Ciöcc cutout.
If you can't find Vianelli fork, I think you can use Ciöcc fork as well. Getting one is a much smaller challenge, (even for the Italian guy). Anyway, I would look around in the Recikli and in the Maxi-bike, there are (were) lying old Italian forks . If you are lucky, there is a Ciöcc among them too, in your size (at a much better price). From here, it’s up to you to decide what and how much you spend on the bike - and what your goal is with it.
Yes it’s true, I think I try to find a Vianelli fork, and if I can’t, I’ll buy a Ciöcc. I want to upgrade this bike to a higher level, but just slowly. I don’t want to spend too much in one case. So just slowly, but it’ll be a really beauty

Thanks for helping me, and in the future I’ll write all to you, when I upgrade
Likes For vargalgergo: