Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

The things you learn...

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

The things you learn...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-12, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For those of you who are unfortunate enough to come into close contact with bear or dog pepper spray, use dish soap and lots of COOL water to wash it off your person. The sprays usually use an oil base to put thre pepper juice into and dish soap cuts the oil and makes it easier to remove it. Wash your clothes with a good detergent before wearing the clothes again. Wash down everything else with a grease cutting solution before you use it.
Old 11-22-12, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked 1,027 Times in 576 Posts
Many years ago I was moving and inadvertently had a small canister of pepper spray in my pants pocket. Moving to a 2nd floor apartment, my brother and I were trying to wrestle a box spring around a tight corner going up the stairs. I was at the bottom end and there were many contortions as it wouldn't quite make it around that corner. During the course of this wrestling match, I managed to get the corner of the unwieldy piece against my thigh in just the right way, depressing the plunger and shooting the spray directly onto my parts.

I virtually flew over the top of that thing, and my brother as well, in my mad dash to get to a shower. He was momentarily dumbfounded until he understood my plight. At which time he literally fell on the floor doubled over in laughter.
Old 11-23-12, 04:59 PM
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Wing wipe type here, avionics tech 75-77 med disc for developing asthma. That sucked. I was a sure lifer.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13