Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Crit training in one month

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Crit training in one month

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-09, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice. It seems like the best workouts are either under a minute, 1 min, or 5 min intervals. I will probably riding in my UCSD kit. Can any of these intervals be done on a trainer or is it too hard to sprint on a trainer?
Old 06-25-09, 04:40 PM
Out of Commission

Bikes: Felt FC, S-Works Roubaix, Epic Comp, Cyfac Proxidium

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good luck, that's one of our hardest courses in SoCal. Work on your cornering and short intense efforts. There's a wall on that course followed by a false flat. Practice drilling it up a short hill and repeating every 3 minutes or so.
Old 06-25-09, 07:26 PM
Does Not Exist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You could scout the course too. It will give you a better idea of how hard the "big ring climb. 60 ft elevation change per lap" is.
Old 06-25-09, 07:40 PM

Bikes: Custom Custom Custom

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alphalegacy
Thanks for the advice. It seems like the best workouts are either under a minute, 1 min, or 5 min intervals. I will probably riding in my UCSD kit. Can any of these intervals be done on a trainer or is it too hard to sprint on a trainer?
I think its easier done on a trainer. But if you can find a nice hill with a steady gradient, that works too. Nothing too steep, you want to be able to spin on it.

My 1 min drills are, warm up, then 3 sets of 6x 1on 2 off with 5 minutes between each set. There is little to no pacing on this.

5 mins are 5x 5 on 5 off. Some where between 105-110% of your FTP. Trainer works best for this since you would not have to worry about traffic or running out of road. But a nice false flat works well for this.
Old 06-25-09, 08:31 PM

Bikes: custom caad9

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
it sounds like you live in south cal. take efficiency's advice and do FIESTA!!! you shoulda been there tonight! get out there as many times as you can before san marcos and you will have a perfect idea of what to expect (getting dropped). i just might have to sign up for this race. pm me if you do fiesta.
Old 06-25-09, 11:54 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sure thing, enjoi