Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Living with/without a car

Search
Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Living with/without a car

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-18, 05:55 PM

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by bp2k8
you are not getting it. Its not the car that I have a problem. Its simply a man made machine. Its everything the car embodies thats the problem. The false power, comfort, security that is the ills of mankind. The fact I have to describe this to you make sme wonder if you are even a cyclist. Do you cycle on a closed off track or something.
/
Originally Posted by Walter S
Whatever. The post you replied to was a question of what the world would be like without cars. That's why I assumed you were on that topic. If you're going to fly off into spiritual land don't expect us to all know.
I believe this was the real main thrust of what he is saying. It is sort of like a post on the destruction of trees and the failings of society.
Old 02-27-18, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1588 Post(s)
Liked 1,227 Times in 621 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
I believe this was the real main thrust of what he is saying. It is sort of like a post on the destruction of trees and the failings of society.
Yep. The usual P&R b.s., Trojan Horsed into this poor ol' sub-forum. Hmmmm ... sounds familiar, don't it? I wonder why.
Old 02-27-18, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
welcome to the truman show

Last edited by bp2k8; 03-01-18 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-27-18, 08:30 PM

Bikes: 2015 22 Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1546 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S

I guess by force if necessary? (since it clearly would be). Do you even realize what a small minority you are? Some people might react angrily towards what you say. But they're not even aware you exist.

React angrily? Whether it's the Heaven's Gate cult who donned black Nikes, pulled plastic bags over their heads and left this world for their Utopia on the dark side of the comet Hale-Bopp, or... the anti-car, LCF faithful... these seem to me to be the angry folks.
Old 02-27-18, 08:34 PM

Sigh. such blatant disrespect to our creator. Keep enjoying your technology... you will see with this 5G cell phone towers how many people get sick. Sodom & Gommorah. Even when i bow out gracefully from this thread people thinking they actually have any control or power in their lives show up. You don't just in case you didnt know. None of us do. It was already written... You CHOSE to be in your situation. No need to try to be confident.

Queue the emojis and rhetoric from people on here calling me dumb or they are pokemon who evolved etc.

none of u have answered my questions like explain love and how it can contribute to oneself, explain how a woman can be healthy but die from a broken heart, explain how people act confident etc but are riddled with parasites. Science is bogus. I know peope who cant go 5 hours without food I went 50 days and could have kept going by the grace of my heavenly father...
We'd like to hear your take on global warming next.
Old 02-27-18, 08:44 PM

Sigh. such blatant disrespect to our creator. Keep enjoying your technology... you will see with this 5G cell phone towers how many people get sick. Sodom & Gommorah. Even when i bow out gracefully from this thread people thinking they actually have any control or power in their lives show up. You don't just in case you didnt know. None of us do. It was already written... You CHOSE to be in your situation. No need to try to be confident.

Queue the emojis and rhetoric from people on here calling me dumb or they are pokemon who evolved etc.

none of u have answered my questions like explain love and how it can contribute to oneself, explain how a woman can be healthy but die from a broken heart, explain how people act confident etc but are riddled with parasites. Science is bogus. I know peope who cant go 5 hours without food I went 50 days and could have kept going by the grace of my heavenly father...
50 days without food? 5G towers are going to make us sick? Are you sure? And which of the three words in Greek for love have you defined or want to define? agápe, éros, philía, or storgē. Still I am not sure that has anything to do with cars or not cars. Sounds more like a seminary question. At least like ones I have heard.

Have you tried a fellowship forum?

Look maybe this isn't the forum you are interested in. It is not a put down only that the subject matter has very little to do with much of the questions you have about life. You may have a grasp on what you expect from life but it doesn't translate to the thread. Can you explain what confidence has to do with parasites? I will admit you have confused me.
Old 02-27-18, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by badger1
Yep. The usual P&R b.s., Trojan Horsed into this poor ol' sub-forum. Hmmmm ... sounds familiar, don't it? I wonder why.
To a degree it saddens me.
Old 02-27-18, 11:00 PM
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,586 Times in 1,071 Posts
Originally Posted by badger1
It is not even P&R material; loony over the top ranting is a familiar sound on this list.
Old 02-28-18, 02:13 AM
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 331 Posts

Before you go, tell us the truth ... are you tandempower's sock puppet or maybe a relative of his?
Old 02-28-18, 04:36 AM

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7711 Post(s)
Liked 3,642 Times in 1,915 Posts
I don’t care. Most people are lemmings. I like how people on this forum are so cool and calm and collected and act like they have a reprisal and all the answers for everything. At least I make an attempt to buck the system live natural.
Dude, maybe being disrespectful isn't the best way to make progress?

First off, Indians were smoking tobacco and Africans were smoking pot before Caucasians messed with either nation. Got tell the people 3,000 years ago how unnatural they were

Sorry , facts.

Fast food? What is fast food but a restaurant which focuses on a rapid dining experience rather than a extended, more elaborate dining experience.

And "Buck the system"/ Are you 15?

I tried rebelling for most of my early life .... Because I was fighting myself as well as the world. Two battles a person can never win.

"Bucking the system" doesn't mean you are better,. it means that just like the rest of us, you are still just as much part of the "system," you are just making things hard for yourself and everyone around you.

There is no reason no t to live by a very different path than most people do. Eat clean, live clean and healthy, focus on different things, think for yourself. That is great. It doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you better as you. Follow Your path.

But A.) don't look down on others for being on different paths. Maybe they are doing better at living right than you are. maybe you should learn from others, since you know you are not perfect. Maybe not everyone should do what they are doing, or what you are doing. But if you live in rebellion you are still just as much a lemming as anyone else. We are all on a river, carried by the current. You call yourself superior because you are facing upstream and paddling backwards, but we are all being carried downstream just the same.

The smart folks learn (even I am starting to learn) that instead of fighting the river, you use your energy to cross into different currents.

Once you stop "bucking the system" you can start improving the system. Some folks do that. But you have to work with others to do that, and you cannot if all you want is 100 percent agreement or 100 percent combat.

By the way .... "buck the system" living a "natural life"? Funny ... are you camping at the base of an internet tree? Do you get light and heart from an electricity bush? Grow all your own food, crap in a hole you dug, drink from a well you dug?

Stop fighting so hard. You are wasting energy. Just be yourself. You will be fine. You are special ... just maybe not in the ways you think.

Also .... when you come here and lay out ideas, other people Will comment. Not everyone will agree, or disagree ... they might see things differently. You want that right, grant it to others. Accept that they have different view ... and honor and respect them as you would want to be respected. (if you are Christian or Abrahamic-based, I know you have heard "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you.")

NONE of us have the "Answers." We are her for relaxation and fun, and also (some of us) to share and learn from others. If you reject everything you do not already know, you never learn.

If you feel harshly judged all the time ... stop judging others so harshly.

You know, the fat guy in the car smoking the cigarette might be on his way to operate top save the life of an indigent child with a lethal tumor. He might be on the way to teach a class to underprivileged children or he might be on his way to the lab to develop the next breakthrough in cold fusion which will power the world for nothing, or maybe he will develop a vaccine against aids, or invent a really cheap and effective desalinator/water purifier.

That is the guy you choose to dump on ... because he is overweight, has a car and smokes. Hmmmmm .....

You know Stephen Hawking would be dead and buried years ago except for some amazing technology which enables that great mind to live and function and offer humanity the benefits of his great mind. Would you criticize him for his completely "unnatural" life?

Judge not, lest ye be judged?

Also, not everyone here is attacking you. From what I have seen. No One here has attacked You.

Some people have disagreed with your ideas, and you have attacked them, in a passive -aggressive way.

But aren't we here to share ideas, dissect ideas, explain ideas, criticize (as in critically analyze) ideas? If that’s not what you are here for you might be in the wrong place.

I try to help people .... but this isn’t a support group. This is a discussion and people will disagree with stuff you say. Know that and accept it and ask yourself before every post, "Why am I writing this? Am I trying to help myself, help others? Or am I feeling hurt and indirectly trying to defend myself, thus creating a fight?"

I try to do that. I often forget, but it is better when I erase a long post once I realize I was just bickering or serving myself, not helping anyone else.

Some folks might find fault with your ideas ... they don’t hate You. Some of your ideas aren’t that good, sorry. But this is a great place to learn from others.

Finally and very briefly ... don’t try to force your religion on others. it is rude and it is ineffective. You have faith, and a person of a different fait, even if it is agnosticism or atheism, has just as much “faith.” You wouldn’t want people trying to force their beliefs on you, so don’t do it.

I am a man of Very deep faith a dedication to my spiritual path ... it is way more important than anything else in my life. I don’t force my way on others, and most people would never know who I believe. Because that is not what we are discussing here, and I respect others’ paths just as I hope they respect mine (and don’t care too much if they don’t.)

The worst thing you can do with your faith is use it to try to put down others. Ridiculing people of different faiths,, ... you know better, but when you feel hurt, you lash out. it is okay, but now that you know, it is no longer okay.

I know you are still very vulnerable and feel like you are being assaulted when people disagree, built so far all the disagreement have been rational and respectful and focused on your posts, not your person.

That is what this forum is for.

As you get stronger, you will add more to it and gain more from it.
Old 02-28-18, 04:46 AM

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Also / ... i am exceedingly sorry if that post came off as harsh or mean. I typed it in a hurry and probably should have waited and thought better. oh, well. I won’t hide my errors.
Old 02-28-18, 07:28 AM
Been Around Awhile

Originally Posted by Machka
Before you go, tell us the truth ... are you tandempower's sock puppet or maybe a relative of his?
I suspect the same brand of KoolAid.
Old 02-28-18, 09:03 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
maelochs knows the truth

Last edited by bp2k8; 03-01-18 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-28-18, 09:08 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
this world is upside down.

Last edited by bp2k8; 03-01-18 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-28-18, 09:12 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
people are lost in the sauce

Last edited by bp2k8; 03-01-18 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-28-18, 09:54 AM
Been Around Awhile

Another day of critical thinking tripping on the Cruiseship Living Car Free:
Old 02-28-18, 11:15 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
too bad

Old 02-28-18, 11:48 AM

Maleochs u should be a moderator as I am trying to absorb your posts and stay out of here but people keep trying to pull me in.
LOL..... I get sucked into the slime same as any other person,. I have to leave every few days to regain my balance. it is a strange world here but most of the people are okay .... once you learn their habits, you know how seriously to take their responses.

But no ... I get too caught up in it to be a mod.
Old 02-28-18, 11:50 AM

baceria protozoans and parasites run everything. In combo with perfect possession. Google any of these terms and you will learn more. Most people you think are strong or confident or seem like they never make mistake have a parasite running the show. Many weak humans do not have any and often have tapeworms sucking life out of them and nutrients.
Have you stopped to think about this? You have admitted to being confused about who you are and where you are going and in the next breath you question others that have made peace with themselves? I understand struggles but I am pretty sure I am not possessed. I can assure you my parasites, bacteria and germs are not demons and they don't control me. And many weak humans don't have any parasites but they have tape worms? I must know a whole different group of people than you do. Or I am not understanding what you are trying to communicate. And I can see a cell tower from my street. Been there for ten years and I feel pretty good. I still question 50 days of starvation as being healthy from a medical standpoint. Many people that have gone on hunger strikes start to have internal organ shut downs well before 50 days. After working in social services in a hospital for ten years I just had to question that statement. I can also assure you my car is no more of a technical advancement than a computer and the internet. I just see a major disconnect in your reasoning. Not that we all don't have some disconnects.

Do you have a group you can talk with to talk these feeling out? Are there like minded people you could sit down with and have coffee of water is that is all you drink, and talk about the state of society? Believe me your views are not new and talking with others can often help clear things up.

Last edited by Mobile 155; 02-28-18 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-28-18, 12:45 PM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
truth is right in front of u and still cant see it

Old 02-28-18, 12:50 PM
Been Around Awhile

Maleochs u should be a moderator as I am trying to absorb your posts and stay out of here but people keep trying to pull me in.
Old 02-28-18, 12:55 PM
Been Around Awhile

and no i have no one to talk to. The ony ones I do are my students who many are sensitive enough to fee the same way I do. Adults are often more closely related to pigs.
Are the adult guardians of your "students" aware of your personal feelings?
Old 02-28-18, 01:00 PM

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Disc Trucker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That's because you have a need to get the last word. You send "the last word" and then damn, here's people trying to "pull me in" again. I've got a quick solution for that! All you need to do is stop posting! I can assure you that if you shut up for a day or two at the most, all that pulling will end. You will fade into the background and never be discussed again

The problem of course is that YOU are a puller too If your post is quoted by somebody that does not fully agree with you, you can't seem to accept that. So the cycle continues...
Old 02-28-18, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Maelochs

... Your path.

But A.) don't look down on others for being on different paths. Maybe they are doing better at living right than you are. maybe you should learn from others, since you know you are not perfect. Maybe not everyone should do what they are doing, or what you are doing. But if you live in rebellion you are still just as much a lemming as anyone else. We are all on a river, carried by the current. You call yourself superior because you are facing upstream and paddling backwards, but we are all being carried downstream just the same...

Not correcting you but a different analogy I think – more like a particle in the ocean than in a river– was captured by Emerson …

“Society is a wave. The wave moves onward, but the water of which it is composed does not. The same particle does not rise from the valley to the ridge. Its unity is only phenomenal. The persons who make up a nation to-day, next year die, and their experience with them.”

We move forward collectively even if we, individually, do not... and, for the most part, individuals do not change.
Old 02-28-18, 01:32 PM

they are bust a smal tip of the iceberg of the critters inside many people. this one is the worst

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is....0.pCG5M8dLzyc

Yeah, life's a bit** when the intestinal flora is disrupted. Not sure it'll help but getting and staying regular may perhaps require a change in diet – at least temporarily – stay hydrated, avoid sugars, alcohol, carbs, etc., and concentrate more on lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, and probiotic 'fermented' foods... good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.