Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Bad start to 2015 - Ruptured quadricep.

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Bad start to 2015 - Ruptured quadricep.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-15, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Gerryattrick
Thanks. I also never swear but must admit to using the F-word at one point when the pain was at its worst.
While coaching a youth soccer team, I had a freak mishap with the ball and managed to shove my heel bone up through my tibia and fibula. Before one of the bones snapped, many ligaments between them involuntarily settled into new lengths. I hit the deck with a short stream of curses, only to look up and see several young faces coming within earshot. I almost chewed my lips off to stop myself from emitting any more colorful expressions.

I no longer play soccer with the kids and I certainly don't have stairs. I have a ladder that leads up to my bedroom instead. If I miss a step in the wee hours, there won't be any need to call the ambulance, so I don't hesitate to turn a light on when necessary.