Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite road tire?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

What's your favorite road tire?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-15, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by altondavis2
Gilpi you're not going to be happy until you get another bike. I gave a mountain bike a try
and just could not get over those tires sucking the pavement at every rotation of the wheel.
It takes more than a change of tires. nuff said.
Well, it came to that.
For many years I rode road bikes exclusively, a couple of years ago a back injury made me sell the road bike thinking I'd never get on a bike again. This past summer I felt pretty good and the urge to ride came back full force and thinking a mountain bike would be more comfy, went and got one. I've been riding some trails and I'm really enjoying being in the woods riding some easier not so aggressive trails but my desire to also ride on the road made me try different tires on the MTB but it just did not feel like the road bikes I was used to, I think I was trying too hard to convert a MTB into a road bike.
Anyway, Craigslist to the rescue, got a good deal on a road bike and the knobby tires went back on my mountain bike. I'm now on the road riding almost twice the distance I was riding on the MTB and faster.

Last edited by gilpi; 10-16-15 at 03:50 AM.