Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

**Report issues with the June 21, 2016 BF software migration here**

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

**Report issues with the June 21, 2016 BF software migration here**

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-16, 07:35 PM
***RETIRED*** Do Not Contact

Bikes: 2010 Gary Fisher Marlin Disc

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooper
I don't know if this is just me or if others also have the problem, but I had 12 photos in three albums and all 12 seem to have disappeared. There are blank rectangles in the albums where the photos used to be.
Link to the post so we can look
Old 06-24-16, 09:03 PM
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by cthenn
BTW, yellow fade is not only difficult on the eyes, it's harder to follow line to line. I don't like how the text goes all the way across the page (I'm using a 24" widescreen monitor, and it's a loooooong ways across the screen!), and with the fade, I sometimes have to really concentrate on where the next line is.

Are you looking at the screen at an angle above?

Look head on, LCD screens are funny that way.

Grey all the way, except for my hair.

PS Try resetting the monitor as well.
Old 06-24-16, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
I've got an issue. It looks awful. Why are all the posts pee stained yellow?
Old 06-24-16, 10:35 PM
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Some are yellow, others are blue-grey. Your previous query wasn't all that polite with it's imagery. As I pointed out there, we have moved the database to a different version of vBulletin, technically an older one but sufficient for the forums. The software is being adjusted as we go along but there are so many browsers, operating systems and devices to be accommodated.

You need to disclose what you are using to visit Bike Forums. Again, these things are not that easy, please be patient. It took a long time to finally get the previous vB version we used worked out, and for that matter we were the first ones to receive it. Our owner, Internet Brands, owns vBulletin Solutions.

You can try to reset your monitor if it helps any, and IB is fully aware of the problem. Do note that LCD screen may have some color shift at various viewing angles but the rest is probably your browser or monitor.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the old dude with old bikes *not really good playing pianos.
Old 06-24-16, 11:55 PM
Decrepit Member

Bikes: Waterford 953 RS-22, several Paramounts

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by IBobi
Link to the post so we can look
It's not a post, but rather "User Control Panel" > "Networking" > "Pictures & Albums" > "My Albums" > "Scooper's Albums"

Here's the page:

Then when I click on the album "My Bikes", here are the empty rectangles where there used to be six photos before the June 21st software load.

my bikes

Science doesn't care what you believe.
Old 06-25-16, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollfast
Some are yellow, others are blue-grey. Your previous query wasn't all that polite with it's imagery. As I pointed out there, we have moved the database to a different version of vBulletin, technically an older one but sufficient for the forums. The software is being adjusted as we go along but there are so many browsers, operating systems and devices to be accommodated.

You need to disclose what you are using to visit Bike Forums. Again, these things are not that easy, please be patient. It took a long time to finally get the previous vB version we used worked out, and for that matter we were the first ones to receive it. Our owner, Internet Brands, owns vBulletin Solutions.

You can try to reset your monitor if it helps any, and IB is fully aware of the problem. Do note that LCD screen may have some color shift at various viewing angles but the rest is probably your browser or monitor.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the old dude with old bikes *not really good playing pianos.
My monitor is calibrated fine. Things that are white look white. Things that are yellow look yellow. And these posts... are yellow. Pee pee yellow.

Last edited by Cute Boy Horse; 06-25-16 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-25-16, 09:24 AM
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollfast
Some are yellow, others are blue-grey. Your previous query wasn't all that polite with it's imagery. As I pointed out there, we have moved the database to a different version of vBulletin
"We"? I notice that on other threads you often chastise other posters about their posts in pseudo moderator language.

Are you on the Internet Brands or Bike Forum staff or just a self appointed BF Hall Monitor/Nanny?
Old 06-25-16, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18378 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Odd about the yellow posts... a couple of days ago the posts would randomly change colors, but now have settled on a pink with a top to bottom fade.

Five Issues:
  1. Clicking on the post number (top right), opens up a single post. It used to just jump to that post in the chain.
    One can get to that post in the chain by clicking back on the title. But this seems to be an extra step.
    That single post screen doesn't seem to be useful to me.
  2. Advanced editor shows the preview very WIDE (pd membership). I have to be scrolling all over the place to read the advanced preview, so it is of little actual use. The application should be able to read the window width and current zoom to determine the proper width. The editor window will also barely fit on my screen.
  3. I miss the old "Manage Attachments" window that allowed me to access the previously attached images.
  4. No "insert inline" option for photos?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG](image number)[/ATTACH] does seem to work, but doesn't give a thumbnail anymore. Good or bad?
  5. Are all images that don't have a *.jpg extension actually limited to 19.5 kb, including *.jpeg? Sizes for all photos should be about 100 to 120 kb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ManageAttachments.jpg (95.1 KB, 272 views)
Old 06-25-16, 12:28 PM
What happened?

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
"We"? I notice that on other threads you often chastise other posters about their posts in pseudo moderator language.

Are you on the Internet Brands or Bike Forum staff or just a self appointed BF Hall Monitor/Nanny?

Me? Have a JOB?

Seriously, it's this or playing and wearing out my only copy of Rawhide.

(It's Frankie Laine, man! It's hard to find him in a thrift store)

Last edited by Rollfast; 06-25-16 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-25-16, 12:37 PM
What happened?

So BF helped you perfect Stealth Bicycles?

We seem to have an Invisible Touch I guess.

Photos are still being worked on I gather, we'll get there.

Originally Posted by Scooper
It's not a post, but rather "User Control Panel" > "Networking" > "Pictures & Albums" > "My Albums" > "Scooper's Albums"

Here's the page:

Then when I click on the album "My Bikes", here are the empty rectangles where there used to be six photos before the June 21st software load.

Old 06-25-16, 01:05 PM
What happened?

Clifford, I don't fully understand. I have a Ti membership and all I've seen so far are videos.

However, my post windows are blue-grey and I would have to point out things again to everyone.

This is NOT vB4.x.x, it's some form of vB3.x.x (I'm beginning to really wish I knew which one, I'd keep up with it on the vB forums site).

Some functionality may not translate. Others are being worked on.

Not all browsers, operating systems and devices are going to work the same way at first. It will take some time to get there. To this point, I admit I have not looked to see if you have mentioned how you are viewing and using BF, but it is important.

There is no one standard for browsing or using a computer, therefore one has to accommodate these variables when they create a platform or website. You may not realize the amount of work and coding that goes into this effort.

If you recall the last time we switched platforms (to vB4) it took a long time to get it all straightened out...but it was also pioneering work that helped others adopt it. Now BF is doing the same thing, in reverse and it too is helping others in the same boat.

PS I-Like-To-Bike, 'We' is a collective statement for all of us, I realize you are poking fun at that...as for self appointed nanny...A&S is a better place and I don't believe in corporal punishment, at least (Hey! I was the last generation that got that in junior high)

Originally Posted by CliffordK
Odd about the yellow posts... a couple of days ago the posts would randomly change colors, but now have settled on a pink with a top to bottom fade.

Five Issues:
  1. Clicking on the post number (top right), opens up a single post. It used to just jump to that post in the chain.
    One can get to that post in the chain by clicking back on the title. But this seems to be an extra step.
    That single post screen doesn't seem to be useful to me.
  2. Advanced editor shows the preview very WIDE (pd membership). I have to be scrolling all over the place to read the advanced preview, so it is of little actual use. The application should be able to read the window width and current zoom to determine the proper width. The editor window will also barely fit on my screen.
  3. I miss the old "Manage Attachments" window that allowed me to access the previously attached images.
  4. No "insert inline" option for photos?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG](image number)[/ATTACH] does seem to work, but doesn't give a thumbnail anymore. Good or bad?
  5. Are all images that don't have a *.jpg extension actually limited to 19.5 kb, including *.jpeg? Sizes for all photos should be about 100 to 120 kb.
Old 06-25-16, 01:26 PM
What happened?

Hmm...

If you have a section in bold font and need to edit next to it the bold doesn't want to give up the ghost. You can't turn it off or overwrite the new bold type with non-bold easily, I'm assuming it can be done, but I just found it.

And again, Windows 7, IE 11.
Old 06-25-16, 05:04 PM
Banned.

Bikes: '73 falcon sr, '76 grand record, '84 davidson

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
this is a test of bold text and this is a test of unbolded text.
Old 06-25-16, 05:05 PM
Banned.

Bikes: '73 falcon sr, '76 grand record, '84 davidson

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
people still use IE?

try Chrome.
Old 06-25-16, 06:15 PM
What happened?

The odds of that are about the same as me joining the European Union.

At least the forums software sent me my birthday greetings 6 hours early, sooner than anyone else!

I set it to show my age but it didn't work.

50, okay? I can post to 50+ legitimately now

Last edited by Rollfast; 06-25-16 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-25-16, 06:31 PM
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
tl;dr

Not sure if already mentioned, but looks like the 'auto-save/restore content' feature is no longer with us .
Old 06-25-16, 08:36 PM
What happened?

I have to look up tl;dr every time I see it.

Too long didn't read?

I have no idea.
Old 06-26-16, 12:13 AM

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike

I'm with you on this.
Old 06-26-16, 02:32 AM

Bikes: Rockhopper, Azor Oma cruiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Where are the links....(ST)

...that used to be displayed at the upper left hand side of the forums page, such as "View Unread Posts"??? I must state that this is one of the worst software upgrades that I've ever seen.
Old 06-26-16, 02:19 PM
What happened?

You are? What does it pay? I'd probably get fired for not being online here enough. I have too many hobbies and a messy house.

C'est la vie.
Old 06-26-16, 02:39 PM
What happened?

PS The IB folks have 'ib' in their names somewhere and the admins are all listed in each forum and a full list on the site.

https://www.bikeforums.net/showgroups.php

That's what you want.
Old 06-26-16, 06:50 PM

Bikes: '96 Trek 850, '08 Specialized Roubaix Comp, '18 Niner RLT RDO

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 86 Posts
I also get the unattractive yellow background in messages. 2 computers, a laptop and a desktop. Both running Win 10 and Chrome. I also viewed it on the laptop using MS Edge and it is yellow there as well.
Old 06-26-16, 08:37 PM
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
My subscribed threads seem to have started sending me email updates even though I had them not doinv that. I do not want it but now it seems I must go through each thread and turn it off.
Old 06-26-16, 08:39 PM
What happened?

See your "User CP" and change email notifications globally. You can't get out of admin messages.
Old 06-27-16, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 606 Times in 403 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
My subscribed threads seem to have started sending me email updates even though I had them not doinv that. I do not want it but now it seems I must go through each thread and turn it off.
Mine too. When I try to unsubscribe to threads I get this message.

Invalid Redirect URL (https://outlook.live.com/)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.