Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Help outfitting for my first tour / bike pack

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Help outfitting for my first tour / bike pack

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-19, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Funny but I thought the same thing. Before Stewart answered I was going to fill in the blanks but thought they were such easy things to look up why was I doing the work.

Self reliance is a good trait to develop for bicycle touring.
Old 08-06-19, 09:54 PM
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
I almost wonder if you are yanking our 7, 8, 9 and 10 speed chains here a bit....

You wonder if a human being has nothing better to do than be dishonest and purposely spend time and energy to go out of their way to deceive you for some reason, about bicycle's no less, out of all the possible topics a human being can go mess with others about??? I have nothing better to do than pay for a full 2 year membership to purposely go out of my way to "yank your chain..." as you put it? Ugh.

I am not even sure why I would go even a step further with this, or ask a question about anything at all...but...

So let the witch hunt begin then. I have no sincere desire to defend myself against false accusations online, for any reason, what so ever, especially when 99.99999999% of those folks and information can't be really trusted for anything. More importantly, I sincerely doubt that you (or anyone) for that matter, has the level of honesty that I put forward into all my actions and motives. My personal experience is the only folks that would understand this, is the type of folks that have the ability to discern properly or not based on the level of their own level of honesty, actions, and integrity. And if you want me to be quite frank with you sir, I sincerely doubt you are one of those folks simply based on probability, since I have never personal met one to begin with. I will just play the numbers, you can process that however you see the world.

I really don't care to defend myself against you or anyone for the sincerity of my actions or words. So, let the witch hunt begin...I expect it anyway to be honest. It's always the case when you get honest with folks. My experience is, people aren't capable of being honest, but more importantly, they can't handle honesty either. How do I know? Because you don't believe me right now at time of reading this. Nothing you can do against such ignorance or false accusations. If you are real, and you want me to cater to that, then I am even more sorry that your instincts are to "not" trust someone that hasn't harmed you or given you a reason to publicly hang them for your judgements.

you knew right away that a certain type of emergency alarm was the button type, and not the pull tab type, so you know how to search for details of stuff.
In fact, I did. It's called reverse engineering and using common sense on electronics. I did in fact do a search, but when I did, the Google God's were not kind to me and produced nothing. Then again, I didn't use the correct wording at the time because I didn't have a name for what I was looking at. At the current moment, I was overwhelmed with researching a wheel set that I knew nothing about and was quite stressed. My plate was full, I already wasted a few minutes looking for something I didn't know the name for with unsuccessful results, and at that time it was just easier to type out a few sentences and put a request back out to whatever this hyperspace thing you want to call is, that often goes out of it's way to produce unhelpful information, for the wrong reasons too.

At the same token, it's always more helpful to get someone's advice not just for the name of the product, but the serendipity or personal experience and or tips that might come up in dialogue surrounding it. So I was more interested in cutting time, being lazy, wanting to get back to what I was doing, and hoping for some more conversation from the user around it because who knows what else will come up about it that might be helpful. Over time, you find the common voice that rises above all the opinions, and find a center line of truth that isn't so controlled by pride, arrogance, and purposeful deception, which most of the information provided online is just that.

I apologize that my "motives" are under attack and that we seriously need to have any dialogue around this at all because you are paranoid about someone else's motives, which you are in fact wrong.

As far as the Jelly thing...I never heard of it and wanted the person who brought it up to speak about it more rather than look at a picture of something without stories around how it works. Utilizing people's practical experience rather than re-inventing the wheel on everything is the best approach in my opinion. But sadly, this is an area where you can't even ask a few questions without a public flogging or witch hunt. It's why if I could, I would prefer singularity, AI, and factual information sorted (including utilizing people's personal experience) rather than go through this kind of false accusation and witch hunt thing to simply ask some questions. Not to mention, if you call folks out on such truth and things, then you have to deal with their pride, their posies pride, the rest of the nonsense that goes along with that, just to find out important information that is helpful to your life and important for your needs. It's like playing Russian roulette for information. You have to really worry about someone's mental health or heart more than you can rely on the information being provided. It's the horrible things about forums and the guardians of the knowledge...not much of a fan of dealing with paranoia, lies, and purposeful deception just to ask some questions.

Thanks for putting me under a microscope though and calling me out on things that are simply not true at all to only further hinder my progress in just trying to simply understand and ask questions.

I try to refrain from doing that as much as possible, I will work on that some more.

I apologize for existing in your time and space for you to find something wrong with me about.

Hope your day gets better. Everyone is crapping all over mine today. You should see the absolutely obnoxious person that just came to my house to deceive me on purpose, while pretending she wanted to by a bicycle. She was quite the obnoxious liar. I just came from that in the regular world looking for a break and some reading. So much for more false hope.

Thanks for trying to find ways to push me out of the lifestyle instead of being welcoming and encouraging though. That's pretty standard from my experience on sites and forums in general. I really have no desire to have communication about anything other than seek bicycle knowledge so I have enough, that I can have as little communication as possible, and don't have to go through the witch hunts anymore to simply try to understand, ask questions, or deal with my own confusion on this stuff. I just like riding bicycles and want to understand it all so I can do that without the other humans interfering with me riding bicycles

Sorry I said anything though and not looking to derail the thread or crap all over OP's thread like other's did to mine. That's not helpful to OP, myself, or this site. Hope this conversation is over. It's not one I really want to have.

Last edited by Bike Jedi; 08-07-19 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-07-19, 07:09 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2741 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
overall, its the spirit of the good natured aspect of this place, with people willing to help out beginners and to share ideas, that makes this forum a nice place to come to.
Again, I wish you all the best in setting up your bike and making your dream come true of traveling long term.