Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

26" road tire decisions,please help.

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

26" road tire decisions,please help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-20, 02:21 PM
Cheerfully low end

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 667 Posts
Ok, here’s another one worth looking into: Continental Contact Speed in the 26x2.0 size (50-559).

I had to finally retire the RTP on the rear wheel, so the Contact Speed got its chance today.

I put it on yesterday and took the bike back out again today, and it was about the same feel, which is a good thing, so not a noticeable sacrifice in changing from the RTP to the Continental. I’m very pleased by that.

When it comes time to replace the other RTP, there is a good chance I will get another Contact Speed and that is saying something because the RTP is a delight to ride.

Otto

Last edited by ofajen; 06-24-20 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-24-20, 06:07 PM

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Just ordered a couple Big Ben's. Ebay sent me an email that one seller dropped the price by $10.45/tire..net cost for the Big Ben was $33 and change with free shipping..I had to go for it.