Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Component tracking app

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Component tracking app

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-17, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenThiefBug
Do you know any app able to track the KMs of a component on a bike ? Unlike Strava where you can only track a bike and basta.

I'd like to see something like:

Colnago C60: 321321km
Rear tyre: Model/Date: 12km
Front tyre: Model/date: 654km
Jockey Wheels: Model/Date: 1234km

And so on.

If I can even input more details like weight and whatnot, it's even cooler!

Thanks.
The Feedback Sports app allows you to track componets, set reminders, have different bike profiles etc.
Old 09-13-17, 09:27 PM
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
I think he said he swaps chains once a week, but he rides a lot more than I do. I swap once a month, and I ride about 400 miles a month on the road bike. Farthest I've ridden on a single paraffin dip was 500 miles and the chain really didn't need to be redone, I was just curious to compare it with a new chain. Couldn't tell any difference in noise, pedaling feel or shifting.
As that Australian guy said, you can't overwax a chain, so I just do a chain a week. I figure it can't hurt. I just have the 2-chain combo in the notes for that component, and list the chains together as SRAM PC-11xx. Now that I'm splitting time between bikes, those chains are gonna last a looooong time... hopefully.
Old 09-13-17, 09:34 PM

Bikes: Trek Domane 4.3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by faulker479
I set them up under the other group. I also have my cycling shoes setup under the shoes section. i go overboard and track everything. Even when i put new cleats on my shoes. You can also put a mileage goal on your gear so if you know you only want to have a shifter cables, cassette or chain for 2,500 miles, you can set that up. you can also select to have it added to a certain type of activity. the only bad thing about that is it only has Cycling. it does not drill down to Road cycling or Moutain cycling. but adding them after a ride is easy to do on either a computer or the Garmin Connect App.
So you can add multiple pieces of equipment to a given activity by default, not just one?

I see now you can in fact do this - add anything as default to specific activities.
Old 09-14-17, 09:04 AM

Bikes: Synapse, Slate

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by drewguy
So you can add multiple pieces of equipment to a given activity by default, not just one?

I see now you can in fact do this - add anything as default to specific activities.
You can, yes. But, It doesn't let you drill down into sub set of a category. So I can tell it to automatically add to Cycling, but the problem with that would be if I have a road bike and a mountain bike. Your activity history will let you change to "Road Cycling" or something else, but they don't let you make that distinction at the Gear level.

So if you are running only one bike, you can set it up to add to cycling and you don't have to do anything after each ride. But to be honest, I am looking at the ride afterwards anyway and it takes less than 20 seconds to add all my gear.