Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

"I want my bike.."

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

"I want my bike.."

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-19, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe Zhoost
Nope, never happened to me, though I'm not sure what you are asking, since some of it does not make any sense to me:

Correction: >about< "use" rather than 'above' use. "I had that thought about the use in not been seen to do such." #18

Last edited by molten; 12-04-19 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-04-19, 09:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
After reading this thread, "I want my time back"
To you wanting your claimed time back: as time cannot be pulled back ---- your comment may be causing attraction from Admin that Members must be signing further waivers, only to read/comment.
Old 12-04-19, 11:15 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Likely a great majority of you are living in areas, where you not have the type of society (of those who know what bike you have) "I WANT YOUR BIKE WHEN YOU DIE." (use their feelings against you; some do it further than these quotes) Some ask: "Who Gets Your Bike, When Something Happens To You?~"
I bring this off-topic --- as it relates to some of the bikers that have chatted in the same bike shop, to the same owner. Generally, each local cycling society has its own mindset.

Last edited by molten; 12-04-19 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-05-19, 01:10 AM
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by molten
Correction: >about< "use" rather than 'above' use. "I had that thought about the use in not been seen to do such." #18
To you wanting your claimed time back: as time cannot be pulled back ---- your comment may be causing attraction from Admin that Members must be signing further waivers, only to read/comment.
Likely a great majority of you are living in areas, where you not have the type of society (of those who know what bike you have) "I WANT YOUR BIKE WHEN YOU DIE." (use their feelings against you; some do it further than these quotes) Some ask: "Who Gets Your Bike, When Something Happens To You?~"
I bring this off-topic --- as it relates to some of the bikers that have chatted in the same bike shop, to the same owner. Generally, each local cycling society has its own mindset.

Sorry, but this is completely incoherent and you're sounding increasingly paranoid. Either there is a language problem or you really need help beyond that which you can find on an internet forum. I'm not kidding about this--you seem to be in some sort of dangerous spiral. Please get help.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 12-05-19, 02:34 AM
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Anyone here --- have/had any friends (what be good contacts; or the better one -- what [then] define as a 'real friend') --- who in the past gave a thoughful donation of a bike to YOU. As further time & years went on ----- that 1 contact later comes back to you, asking back in a single sentence for that bike given to you. "I want my bike back." (said in solid, consistent tone --- but in neutral manner). As that contact knew that you valued that bike so much --- that you NEVER were going to sell it.; never had fear of you doing anything to it. Only preserving it. ?Ever had such a person you have known come to your?
No.
Old 12-05-19, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18504 Post(s)
Liked 15,817 Times in 7,427 Posts
My sister texted me yesterday. Seems she is currently unable to meet certain "financial commitments" and asked if she could borrow some money from me. Strongly believing that would be money I would never get back I ignored her message and blocked her number. Wonder how long it will be before she emails me at work.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 12-05-19, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked 1,827 Times in 879 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
My sister texted me yesterday. Seems she is currently unable to meet certain "financial commitments" and asked if she could borrow some money from me. Strongly believing that would be money I would never get back I ignored her message and blocked her number. Wonder how long it will be before she emails me at work.
I hear ya. This is the time of year I'm forced to become an arborist and trim branches off the family tree. I won't "lend" or give money to anyone that can't identify the root cause of their plight for the simple fact it doesn't help them and I'm lighter in the wallet.
Old 12-05-19, 08:30 AM
vespertine member

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
this act really takes the cake!
nice one!
Old 12-05-19, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by nomadmax
I hear ya. This is the time of year I'm forced to become an arborist and trim branches off the family tree. I won't "lend" or give money to anyone that can't identify the root cause of their plight for the simple fact it doesn't help them and I'm lighter in the wallet.
She has always been irresponsible with money. We don't speak unless she needs something. About a month ago she asked me if I could recommend an employment lawyer. Seems her employer was going to cut her hours in return for letting her keep her job. I asked around and got a name for her. I remember her telling me that she moved within the last several years. My guess is that she used the $130K or so she got from my mom's estate after she died in 2013, bought too much house and doesn't have an emergency fund. She's never had a driver's license and takes the train into the city for work, so a car payment can't be the issue. With so many jobs being in the 'burbs and not accessible by public transit, that is surely a handicap. Never finishing college also is.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 12-05-19, 09:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rajflyboy
It’s like knockin boots with someone you met at the bar. You may want it again but you may or may not ever get it after that one night
That's easier to do with food & staple products. But items like bike products get discontinued via technology. And some of such gains value from that; some only gains memory, some gains both.
Old 12-05-19, 09:20 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CycleryNorth81
Keep the bike if it was a gift. Give it back if it wasn't a gift.
Purchase.
Old 12-05-19, 09:56 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
What's the statute of limitations on this one? Three years? Five? If someone is "loaned" an object without a set time of return, at what point does it become the property of the person to whom it was lent?

So I guess that would be my answer: if it was established from the outset that the bike was on loan, and some shorter period of time has passed, give the bike back. If the bike was given, OP, that's your bike now.
I never mentioned of loan in my original message; rather it be other members bringing in the wording.
Old 12-05-19, 09:59 AM

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Purchase.
Are you saying you purchased the bike? because that is what you just wrote.

Last edited by jadocs; 12-05-19 at 10:03 AM.
Likes For jadocs:
Old 12-05-19, 10:00 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Your above is JUST another 'loaner' based message; irrrelevant to the intent of why my forum message was displayed. As my text never speaks of 'loan.'
Old 12-05-19, 10:07 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jadocs
Are you saying your purchased the bike? because that is what you just wrote.
That was an error: as the person gave DID GIVE the 1 bike to Me.
I made error, as later I got into a disagreement with same person, in another bike I chose to have him sell a bike for me. (in which I forgot about the earlier time that he had wanted the other bike back; had I not forgotten that -- I would not had chosen him to sell an un-related bike for me.)
Old 12-05-19, 10:24 AM
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
I made error, as later I got into a disagreement with same person, in another bike I chose to have him sell a bike for me. (in which I forgot about the earlier time that he had wanted the other bike back; had I not forgotten that -- I would not had chosen him to sell an un-related bike for me.)

So has that person gotten a restraining order against you yet? Serious question--you're clearly obsessed beyond reason.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 12-05-19, 11:48 AM

Your above is JUST another 'loaner' based message; irrrelevant to the intent of why my forum message was displayed. As my text never speaks of 'loan.'
*yawn*
Old 12-05-19, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 3051 Post(s)
Liked 1,217 Times in 788 Posts
Anyone here --- have/had any friends (what be good contacts; or the better one -- what [then] define as a 'real friend') --- who in the past gave a thoughful donation of a bike to YOU. As further time & years went on ----- that 1 contact later comes back to you, asking back in a single sentence for that bike given to you. "I want my bike back."
NO.

I buy my own stuff.
Old 12-05-19, 04:02 PM
In Real Life

Quick question ... did you have an accident? Workplace accident? Bicycle accident or something?
Old 12-05-19, 05:38 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Quick question ... did you have an accident? Workplace accident? Bicycle accident or something?
Wouldn't you be wanting to have forgotten a person of such a status already? Later finding out that you had to recollect on such a person? You are indirectly saying such luck never happens to you.
Old 12-05-19, 05:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
NO.

I buy my own stuff.
And when the environment builds of those seeing what you have on your bike (etc) --- asking where you bought it, how much it cost, if they can have it when you die, etc. --- How do you get back at such?
Old 12-05-19, 06:28 PM
Expired Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 3751 Post(s)
Liked 5,668 Times in 2,859 Posts
Wouldn't you be wanting to have forgotten a person of such a status already? Later finding out that you had to recollect on such a person? You are indirectly saying such luck never happens to you.
You really should seek help. Try to avoid acting on impulse and take seriously any legal proceedings such as a restraining order. Your situation may be unfortunate but it could get a lot worse if you act inappropriately on your grievances.
Old 12-05-19, 09:26 PM
In Real Life

No, I'm simply asking if you had an accident at some point in your life where you hit your head. If so, then I understand what you're going through.
Likes For Machka:
Old 12-05-19, 09:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No, I'm simply asking if you had an accident at some point in your life where you hit your head. If so, then I understand what you're going through.
Where's your cat-eye glasses?
Old 12-05-19, 09:57 PM
In Real Life

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
You really should seek help. Try to avoid acting on impulse and take seriously any legal proceedings such as a restraining order. Your situation may be unfortunate but it could get a lot worse if you act inappropriately on your grievances.
Where's your cat-eye glasses?

OK, I'm going to take that as a "yes" and offer you some help ...

Check out these sites:
https://www.biausa.org/
https://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/index.html
https://www.brainline.org/
https://msktc.org/tbi

I hope you can find someone to help you through your difficulties, and to speak for you when you have grievances with other people. It's not good to go through something like this alone.
Likes For Machka:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.